Ines in the transfer portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ines in the transfer portal

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I wish her luck and hope she finds a place to play. She came to UConn on the last day to register for school because of Paige's injury. Ines put in the work and played as hard as she could. She showed last year that she was up to do the job as a sub, and starter when needed. I will miss her smile and support that she showed all season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ines filled a spot when we were really in a jam for players. Thank you very much for coming and good luck!
And did outstanding for being thrown into high major D1 basketball in her freshman year. As I've noted previously, she looks like she put in a ton of work in the off-season. I think she could be a real nice pick up for the right program.

Reaction Score
Sad, because I felt she could have contributed this year, helping the team.
If it had turned out she contributed this coming year, that would have meant another year with a ton of serious injuries. Otherwise she was lined up to be 14th or 15th in the rotation.

Reaction Score
Always to be remembered / appreciated for her turn coming off the bench cold in her first year, in a ridiculously tough spot as the emergency point guard, and performing exceptionally well (all things considered) v Princeton, then starting v Maryland.

Seems a quite talented guard, of whom would liked to have seen more (seems a theme). Hopefully, like Amari, finds a program that appreciates her talents, offers a commensurate opportunity. Will be watching...

Reaction Score
Always to be remembered / appreciated for her turn coming off the bench cold in her first year, in a ridiculously tough spot as the emergency point guard, and performing exceptionally well (all things considered) v Princeton, then starting v Maryland.

Seems a quite talented guard, of whom would liked to have seen more (seems a theme). Hopefully, like Amari, finds a program that appreciates her talents, offers a commensurate opportunity. Will be watching...

I wish nothing but the best for Amari and Ines hope they both find a school that appreciates them as much Uconn does ! They are wonderful athletes and even better teammates. Ines has showed quite a bit of improvement over the last couple of years. Now Geno we need at least one more center !!!!!!! And a quick defensive guard or small forward ! I hope Geno invites them both to the final 4 next season .

Reaction Score
Ines- thank you so much for turning on a dime and coming here after Paige's injury...! You contributed and were loved by everybody. You will be richer for your UCONN experience and wherever you choose to go they will be getting a solid person, player, and someone who will make a big positive impact...! All the very, very, best to you young lady.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Echo what everyone else has said. Tremendous teammate and person. Wish her the very best wherever she goes.

Once a Husky, always a Husky. Will be rooting hard for her to succeed wherever she ends up!!

Reaction Score
Kids that are good enough to play for UConn aren't usually the personality types that will sit on the bench forever. To add insult to injury Geno showed them no respect whatsoever when he would talk about the lack of a bench this year. I realize it is college, i realize he is a legend, but sometimes his disregard for the feeling of some of his players is remarkable.

I think Ines will also find a place where she can contribute and have a couple of fun years playing somewhere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Will Geno pursue the grad xfer from Princeton?

We heard about a month ago that Geno had been talking to Coach Berube about Kaitlyn Chen. I think he anticipated 1-2 departures.

Kaitlyn listed interest in UConn, UCLA, and Stanford. She would really help UCLA and Stanford at PG. She would mix in with KK and let our freshman gradually adapt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Makes perfect sense for her of course. She showed us grit and promise in her time on court two seasons ago. I was surprised by her lack of time this year. Despite the splinters she was a loyal team mate and I wish her a landing with a good team and a big role with them.

Reaction Score
This really bums me out. :( I met her last year at the BE conference tourney. Really sweet kid. I cheered every time she was getting points on the floor and will never forget the important minutes she played last season.

She will be missed. I hope she has the best of luck with her basketball career and education in the future. :)

Jim

Reaction Score
I am sorry to hear that Ines is leaving. I understand the crowded backcourt situation and I agree she would get little to no playing time. This looks like a smart move on her behalf. Nevertheless, wherever she lands I will be rooting for her. Once a Husky, always a Husky.

Reaction Score
Kids that are good enough to play for UConn aren't usually the personality types that will sit on the bench forever. To add insult to injury Geno showed them no respect whatsoever when he would talk about the lack of a bench this year. I realize it is college, i realize he is a legend, but sometimes his disregard for the feeling of some of his players is remarkable.

I think Ines will also find a place where she can contribute and have a couple of fun years playing somewhere.
Your participation trophy is in the mail.

Reaction Score
As with Amari I'm sorry to see Ines go but both were going to be permanent deep bench and there are many greener pastures than than. I suspect for both being a part of the UConn program will be a highlight in their lives.

What to do with the now two available scholarships seems complicated. Geno tends to stay with a short rotation. Even if he decides to do more subbing than he has in the past the 13 he has now are more than enough to let him do that. That assumes all of the 13 are healthy and ready to go by November or December, which is hardly a given. Geno may not know quite where the various injured will be in their recovery until after the summer: how many will be ready to play come November, how many will need to be eased into the rotation? I wouldn't think he would want to get some strong players in the portal only to have them sit. Nor would he want to get short staffed if some of the injured aren't ready by January. I suspect that if anyone is added to the team it would be a 4 or 5 for insurance.

Reaction Score
Sorry to see Ines go--she really developed the UConn cohesion very quickly and I personally believe that she could have contributed quality minutes this season..

Well, at least now we know why Sarah Strong was wearing the #21 unie in her announcement photos.....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
We heard about a month ago that Geno had been talking to Coach Berube about Kaitlyn Chen. I think he anticipated 1-2 departures.

Kaitlyn listed interest in UConn, UCLA, and Stanford. She would really help UCLA and Stanford at PG. She would mix in with KK and let our freshman gradually adapt.
I hope she chooses UCLA or Stanford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom