Ines in the transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ines in the transfer portal

Reaction Score
All the best to you Ines.

Now, sometimes I’m a bit slow to catch on to things, or read the tea leaves, and this is probably one of those times.
On Saturday when Sarah’s announcement was made, one of her photos showed her wearing UConn jersey #21. Someone on the BY asked why that occurred, and I cheekily responded that Ines probably lent it to her. Now, fast forward to today where Ines (#21) has entered the Portal, and @GoingPostal commented on the five minute video of Sarah’s mom, Allison Feaster wearing the same number jersey when she led her 16th seeded team Harvard, past Stanford years ago. All this seems coincidental, but my brain is over active right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah, she was. But she stayed despite knowing she would get few minutes. Each has to make their own decisions. Ines will land somewhere good for her after 2 years learning in the UConn system.
I could be wrong, but I’m almost sure it was announced that both Briana Paulido and Tierney Lawlor had gotten BB scholarships at some point.

Reaction Score
All the best to you Ines.

Now, sometimes I’m a bit slow to catch on to things, or read the tea leaves, and this is probably one of those times.
On Saturday when Sarah’s announcement was made, one of her photos showed her wearing UConn jersey #21. Someone on the BY asked why that occurred, and I cheekily responded that Ines probably lent it to her. Now, fast forward to today where Ines (#21) has entered the Portal, and @GoingPostal commented on the five minute video of Sarah’s mom, Allison Feaster wearing the same number jersey when she led her 16th seeded team Harvard, past Stanford years ago. All this seems coincidental, but my brain is over active right now.
All was previously known, just not by us

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I’m almost sure it was announced that both Briana Paulido and Tierney Lawlor had gotten BB scholarships at some point.
Yes they did I believe it was in their Senior seasons.

Reaction Score
What happens now if neither player gets picked up? Can they return to UConn with or without their scholarship?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Geez without any injuries we're already down to 13 players.
I believe the numbers are: one grad student, 1 red shirt Soph, 3 true Sophs, 3 new freshmen, and 5 players of questionable health.

How does that compare with South Carolina, USC, Notre Dame, just to mention a few?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe the numbers are: one grad student, 1 red shirt Soph, 3 true Sophs, 3 new freshmen, and 5 players of questionable health.

How does that compare with South Carolina, USC, Notre Dame, just to mention a few?
Who is the grad student? It's not Paige, she is a red shirt Senior who is also eligible for another year as her COVID year.

Reaction Score
15 exceptional players are too many. (If they are healthy)

Reaction Score
1000009782.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Remember Sara Strong is taking up one of the available scholarships.
I may be wrong, but I thought they had 1 left prior to the 2 transfers.

Reaction Score
Sorry to see her go but feel this was truly one of those "mutually beneficial" two years. UConn got a quality person who likely added quite a bit to the daily practices. Ines gained great experience and was able to raise her profile which hopefully will help her in the transfer process.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've anticipated Ines leaving for some months but of course one is not permitted to so muse on this site.

I would have thought that she might have been given more opportunity to "show her stuff" this season, especially after having had some excellent moments in her initial campaign, but it was not to be...for which I have had no comprehension or insight...but there it is.

I would not be surprised that in the right place, she will thrive. I'm looking forward to following her development.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Remember Sara Strong is taking up one of the available scholarships.
CL82- - -UConn had 14 on the roster, Nika and Aaliyah are leaving 12 on the roster!
Then Morgan and Allie come in, back to 14!
Sarah commits 15!
Ines and Amari to leave 13 scholarship players, now a spot for 2 more!
I think getting Chen would be a wise pickup you can't have too many experienced players at any position!
Injuries showed that!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom