I'm Rooting for the Irish | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I'm Rooting for the Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Why frustration? If he wants frustration, try the security of playing an AAC schedule.

Reaction Score
"I'm Rooting for the Irish" ...an unforgivable sin. For what it's worth most in the B1G hate ND (I know this because I have talked to everybody in B1G...and I'm exhausted.) B1G would like to see ND out of the championship series, and stuck in something like the MAC given their prideful ways. A pox upon their house.

Reaction Score
"I'm Rooting for the Irish" ...an unforgivable sin. For what it's worth most in the B1G hate ND (I know this because I have talked to everybody in B1G...and I'm exhausted.) B1G would like to see ND out of the championship series, and stuck in something like the MAC given their prideful ways. A pox upon their house.

It is completely and enthusiastically mutual. ND people despise the Big Ten with a white hot hatred and want nothing to do with it. Smallpox combined with a mild dose of Ebola upon all Big Ten houses.

Reaction Score
It is completely and enthusiastically mutual. ND people despise the Big Ten with a white hot hatred and want nothing to do with it. Smallpox combined with a mild dose of Ebola upon all Big Ten houses.
You want nothing to do with the B1G? Ha. Ha, ha. Then you shall have nothing, to, do with, us then! - I did say I was exhausted, didn't I? One thing before I banish you from this land: Think it was a mistake tanking the UofM series. Yes, I know you have other traditional rivalries, just think it was a 'no-0ne wins' kind of decision. Now, off with you, you, you Irish person!!!

pj

Reaction Score
You want nothing to do with the B1G? Ha. Ha, ha. Then you shall have nothing, to, do with, us then! - I did say I was exhausted, didn't I? One thing before I banish you from this land: Think it was a mistake tanking the UofM series. Yes, I know you have other traditional rivalries, just think it was a 'no-0ne wins' kind of decision. Now, off with you, you, you Irish person!!!

In order to gain the right to banish someone from UConn country, don't you have to pay us $45 mn a year and show our games on the BTN?

Reaction Score

Dear ACC,

Don't be misled. In time you too will feel the love. Enjoy the honeymoon.

-B1G

Reaction Score
In order to gain the right to banish someone from UConn country, don't you have to pay us $45 mn a year and show our games on the BTN?
Okay...best post so far. :D Simply funny as hell. I, an interloper, banishing someone w/o permission. The only way to make amends is to comply. Simply put, the check is in the mail. ;)

Reaction Score
Dear ACC,

Don't be misled. In time you too will feel the love. Enjoy the honeymoon.

-B1G
Okay, second best post of the day... This is spot on. ND will give you mad crazy love as long as you are of use to them. Then, in the blink of an eye they are gone, off to use someone else. You can say everyone is the same. Not true. Some people do truly feel a sense of loyalty, a sense of community. Some schools in the B1G have been together forever. ACC, ND will never truly love you - they only love themselves. Furthermore, ND will never ever become a full member. Be proactive... toss 'em out. Don't wait to be a spurned lover.

Reaction Score
Oh my!

Such decisions to make. Whether to take dreary, painted up old bags like Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern out on the town for a night or a hot chick.

Those toothless, slattern wenches are loyal and will always be there for you. Kind of like Wake Forest and Pitt. Plain, drab, boring, but sooooo loyal.

Ah hell! Screw it. Fire up the Aston Martin! Let's hit the clubs for a night with the hot chick.

Reaction Score
Oh my!

Such decisions to make. Whether to take dreary, painted up old bags like Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern out on the town for a night or a hot chick.

Those toothless, slattern wenches are loyal and will always be there for you. Kind of like Wake Forest and Pitt. Plain, drab, boring, but sooooo loyal.

Ah hell! Screw it. Fire up the Aston Martin! Let's hit the clubs for a night with the hot chick.

You should have had a longer list of dregs from you own conference, BB - like half of the members. I'll let you guess which ones.

Reaction Score
ND's deal with the ACC did three things. First, it gave ND Olympic sports a new home away from the wasteland that the old Big E was devolving into. Second, it allowed ND football to remain independent. Third, it may have saved the ACC itself which is in ND's best interest over the long-term because if ND is forced to join a conference due to the playoff system, the ACC is the best choice for ND because ND can dominate the ACC politically and avoids ND having to join the B1G as ND joining the SEC (culture), XII (not sharing with Texas), and PAC (logistics) makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You should have had a longer list of dregs from you own conference, BB - like half of the members. I'll let you guess which ones.

Heck yeah...I loved playing the Irish. I agree that the ACC is like the Big Ten...they both have a lot of dead wood.

Every conference does to one extent or another. The Big 12 folks like to talk about how, in their round robin format, they don't miss any good teams...but it is also true that they do not miss the conference dregs...like Iowa State (0-5 in conference), Kansas (0-5), Texas Tech (1-5), etc

Reaction Score
What I did notice is that no one loses an SEC conference game. And close games are ballyhooed as great victories.

When #1 Mississippi State pulled out a 17-10 win against Arkansas, who are 0 for their last 17 conference games, it was a great victory against a great opponent.

Reaction Score
For the same reason they have in the past. They make money by including them. If they didn't they wouldn't have let them get away with all of their s*** for the last 50+ years.

They wouldn't make money if the P5 conference boycott ND altogether in every sport. That'd force their hand.

Reaction Score
And they wouldn't make money if college football ceased to be televised....as likely a prospect.

pj

Reaction Score
They wouldn't make money if the P5 conference boycott ND altogether in every sport. That'd force their hand.

That would give them a ton of money from an antitrust lawsuit.

Reaction Score
That would give them a ton of money from an antitrust lawsuit.
They could consider ND a non-P5 school just as they consider BYU unworthy.

pj

Reaction Score
They could consider ND a non-P5 school just as they consider BYU unworthy.

Excluding them from a conference is one thing, but boycotting is another.

If the P5 outright boycotts BYU and UConn and the AAC, then we would have an antitrust lawsuit also.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame plays football as an Independent....and they are a good add for anyone's schedule. They bring a football audience, a national stage, and a certain cachet.

Butt hurt doesn't play in, I don't think. P5 teams won't turn their back on a Notre Dame scheduling. With future games against Michigan, Stanford, Texas, Purdue, Michigan State, Georgia, etc...it is clear that the butt hurt card won't be played.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame plays football as an Independent....and they are a good add for anyone's schedule. They bring a football audience, a national stage, and a certain cachet.

Butt hurt doesn't play in, I don't think. P5 teams won't turn their back on a Notre Dame scheduling. With future games against Michigan, Stanford, Texas, Purdue, Michigan State, Georgia, etc...it is clear that the butt hurt card won't be played.
Michigan is not on ND's schedule, now or in the future.

Reaction Score
As part of Notre Dame's agreement with the P-5 conferences, ND has agreed to lose to 1 member of at least three of them each year. For 2014 we have now covered the ACC, the PAC-12, and now the Big Ten. I think we're done now.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Excluding them from a conference is one thing, but boycotting is another.

If the P5 outright boycotts BYU and UConn and the AAC, then we would have an antitrust lawsuit also.

UCONN is being boycotting. Specifically on the women's side, but passively in men's hoops too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom