I don't see NBA talent on this team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I don't see NBA talent on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It is, though. Guys who have longer wingspans get many, many more opportunities than those who don't. Just because I think it's an overly simplistic measurement to focus upon doesn't mean that a bias toward "long" players doesn't exist in NBA circles.

"Wing" traditionally means either the SG or SF. Pretty sure that's where Hamilton will end up playing, though I could envision a scenario in which he does actually become a fulltime PG.
didnt want to start a new thread for this but do you think hamiltons vast improvement is not only due to putting time in, in the gym but going up against larrier every day in practice? he also seems more willing to put the team on his back and either take the shot or find the person to make it

Reaction Score
K.O. has the wrong starting lineup out there. They have no pure shooters in the starting line up. Why not Omar? Clearly best perimeter player on the team. Smart player who knows the system. Excellent passer. All i see out there is a bunch of athletic guards and wings who lack fundamental play.
Excellent passer ??? Now I know this is all just a joke.

Reaction Score
I read the other day UCONN is going to stop recruiting guards out of NYC. They just can't hack it anymore. The only NYC guards KO will look at are the ones who transfer to CT prep schools. They learn proper skills in CT.

That's why you guys had no shot at getting Rawle Alkins out of Brooklyn, who's currently at a prep school in NC. That's really an insulting statement if true.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
didnt want to start a new thread for this but do you think hamiltons vast improvement is not only due to putting time in, in the gym but going up against larrier every day in practice? he also seems more willing to put the team on his back and either take the shot or find the person to make it
Primarily I think he's just a year older and wiser. Going against a guy like Larrier couldn't hurt of course, but we have a history of seeing our wings take a big year 1 to year 2 jump, going all the way back to Burrell. It seems like Hamilton is on the same path.

I'll note that while he's clearly a better all-around player, I still think he needs to be a better shooter to become a lottery pick. His improvement at the line over the last 25 games suggests it's possible.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Primarily I think he's just a year older and wiser. Going against a guy like Larrier couldn't hurt of course, but we have a history of seeing our wings take a big year 1 to year 2 jump, going all the way back to Burrell. It seems like Hamilton is on the same path.

I'll note that while he's clearly a better all-around player, I still think he needs to be a better shooter to become a lottery pick. His improvement at the line over the last 25 games suggests it's possible.
Yeah especially from three. But he rarely sees time out there because he's always getting to the lane and either shooting or passing. Also he needs to play d like he did the second half of the zags game

Reaction Score
That's why you guys had no shot at getting Rawle Alkins out of Brooklyn, who's currently at a prep school in NC. That's really an insulting statement if true.

Rawle must prefer when others do his school work

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
1. Dangerous Daniel Hamilton says hi
2. Who says u need nba talent to win a title? Florida made to the final 4 with 0 draft picks

DD never had an impressive A:TO

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yeah especially from three. But he rarely sees time out there...
I mean, he averages more than 3 attempts per game. He's not Steph Curry, but he's clearly a volume 3-point shooter, and will have to continue to be so if he's to maximize his draft stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom