I don't see NBA talent on this team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I don't see NBA talent on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cool. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I appreciate. Better than just saying I'm an idiot and scurrying away. I still remember Daniels shot being inconsistent. That being said, I think Hamilton will be in the nba but not until next year or senior year. He's not ready. And thus uconn will have a first or second round exit.

Not sure how having no lottery picks this year relates to a first or second round exit but hey it's a discussion board.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think it is too early to decide the 2016 NBA fate of DHam or Miller or even Purvis .

Reaction Score
I love shabazz and think he'll stick around in the nba, but thus far the members of the 14' haven't exactly lit up the nba. Shabazz is it and he's a backup on one the lesser teams in the league. Enoch, Adams and Dham can match that.
2 of the 3 players you mentioned are freshmen and the other is a sophomore. Would you have predicted Bazz or Kemba to the NBA after their freshman seasons? Players with talent get better and all 3 have plenty of talent.

Reaction Score
I can see DHam, Adams, Enoch and Miller all playing in the NBA. And despite the holes in his game, Brimah will probably get a shot as well.

Reaction Score
. This Uconn fan stuck alone in NY comes here to lay down his feelings and you guys trounce all over them with facts and spot on analysis. He Thinks Hamilton isn't NBA ready, he Remembers Daniels was inconsistent. He Feels an early exit from the to lack of talent. Why bother looking ish up? Ask Florida if Daniels was an inconsistent shooter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2 of the 3 players you mentioned are freshmen and the other is a sophomore. Would you have predicted Bazz or Kemba to the NBA after their freshman seasons? Players with talent get better and all 3 have plenty of talent.
Kemba yes....bazz...i was less sure. Probably not. Can't really remember.

H

huskymagic

And thus, I see a short run in the ncaa tourney. I remember kemba lighting up Kentucky in Maui and it was obvious he was nba ready. He was so much better than everyone else on the court. This team won't have the best player on the court for every game.

For those of you who think Hamilton is a lottery pick I must say you have Uconn tinted glasses on. His game reminds me of Deandre Daniels.

NYC nobody on this team is Kemba or has the NBA potential to have Kemba's effect and productivity in the NBA. That is probably true, but there are NBA level talent on this team.
Hamilton and Brimah are NBA level players who will have a shot at the league. What they do there is up to them. Jalen Adams will also have a chance in the future. We haven't seen enough of Enoch yet to say yes or no, but has the tools needed to made the NBA.

Most importantly there is enough talent on this team to win a NCAA title. We won it all in 2014 with one NBA player. If we win it all this year, I can guarantee you that both Hamilton and Brimah will be first round picks.

Reaction Score
OMG! The damn sky is already falling. We are just getting started. I hope U CONN fans aren't spooked this easily and early. It's about adjustments. We went instantly from talking about how deep the teams is to getting our CDL so we can drive freaking bus over them. I hope the team has more confidence than many of the posters in here.

Reaction Score
And thus, I see a short run in the ncaa tourney. I remember kemba lighting up Kentucky in Maui and it was obvious he was nba ready. He was so much better than everyone else on the court. This team won't have the best player on the court for every game.

For those of you who think Hamilton is a lottery pick I must say you have Uconn tinted glasses on. His game reminds me of Deandre Daniels.

Wow! 6 games into the season and you already know how its going to play out? If `11 and `14 have taught us anything is if we`re playing in March we are a serious threat to win it all even if we didnt exactly light it up in the regular season. chill out its not even December yet.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hamilton may never be a lottery pick, but there will always be room for great passing SF in the NBA. He could be a great bench player with potential for more IMO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Jesus christ.

Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun could easily be the beset NBA prospect on the team. K.O. is doing a poor job utilizing him in the rotation. Omar is clearly the best shooter on the team and one of the best shooters in the Country. Omar should be in the starting line up, as they line up lacks perimeter shooting.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Omar Calhoun could easily be the beset NBA prospect on the team. K.O. is doing a poor job utilizing him in the rotation. Omar is clearly the best shooter on the team and one of the best shooters in the Country. Omar should be in the starting line up, as they line up lacks perimeter shooting.
How many drugs are you on?

H

huskymagic

This is the most %%####ed post I have seen here and that's saying a lot as the Boneyard is a pretty liberal forum where all things are considered. I know your just trolling though, but seriously come on now. All were missing is a Nnamdi Amilo sighting.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I hope you realize that we are 6 games into the season. Watching the UConn football team no chance you'd say Bryon Jones last year would get drafted in the first 3 rounds let alone the lottery until he jumped into the record books during the combine. For you to make claim there is no NBA talent on this team is a bit silly. Dham is absolutely an NBA talent polished? No Potential? Absolutely. Potential is what gets you drafted in the NBA, if DHam continues playing like he offensively and becomes a more consistent 3 point shooter through the season he'll absolutely leave for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Thin, tall, crafty around the basket, decent passer, poor handle and average outside shot. I think that describes both of them.
Poor handle on DHAM? You must still be watching some of his early games last year. He might have the 2nd best handle next to JA on the team and creates so much our offense off of it. Wow guy please step away from the ledge. We are 6 games into the season and people want to give up. LOL!

Reaction Score
Hoopdreams, are you Omar's mother, father, or grandparent?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Wow,

Just wow.

You need to stop watching because whatever you're seeing is too much for you to comprehend.

Try the Disney Channel.

Reaction Score
This is the most %%####ed post I have seen here and that's saying a lot as the Boneyard is a pretty liberal forum where all things are considered. I know your just trolling though, but seriously come on now. All were missing is a Nnamdi Amilo sighting.

Coming from you this is magical.

Reaction Score
I think Miller is undersized for a 4. He's a good player and plays with high energy. It's possible, needs to improve handle and mid range.

Others I agree with. Don't see Purvis in either.

I can see DHam, Adams, Enoch and Miller all playing in the NBA. And despite the holes in his game, Brimah will probably get a shot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom