I don't see NBA talent on this team | The Boneyard

I don't see NBA talent on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And thus, I see a short run in the ncaa tourney. I remember kemba lighting up Kentucky in Maui and it was obvious he was nba ready. He was so much better than everyone else on the court. This team won't have the best player on the court for every game.

For those of you who think Hamilton is a lottery pick I must say you have Uconn tinted glasses on. His game reminds me of Deandre Daniels.

Reaction Score
1. Dangerous Daniel Hamilton says hi
2. Who says u need nba talent to win a title? Florida made to the final 4 with 0 draft picks

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This seals it. These posters come out in droves to get under the skin of all the rational sane fans. They don't care about the team they just get their jollies from trolling. It's like the have meetings in other chat rooms about when they should post and then go back to the chat like a dog bringing back the tennis ball wagging it's tail

Reaction Score
I love shabazz and think he'll stick around in the nba, but thus far the members of the 14' haven't exactly lit up the nba. Shabazz is it and he's a backup on one the lesser teams in the league. Enoch, Adams and Dham can match that.

Reaction Score
And thus, I see a short run in the ncaa tourney. I remember kemba lighting up Kentucky in Maui and it was obvious he was nba ready. He was so much better than everyone else on the court. This team won't have the best player on the court for every game.

For those of you who think Hamilton is a lottery pick I must say you have Uconn tinted glasses on. His game reminds me of Deandre Daniels.
You haven't a clue about basketball if you don't think Hamilton is an NBA player.

Reaction Score
I also think Purvis has an outside chance, but he needs to stick around and work on his handle.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I also think Purvis has an outside chance, but he needs to stick around and work on his handle.

Seeing Purvis getting involved in different aspects of the game (rebounding, ball movement) for various flashes this year has been nice. I think he knows he needs to be a more complete player to make up for the fact that he'd be a very undersized 2 in the NBA.

Reaction Score
hamilton could be a very nice offensive player in the nba due to his size and crafty ability in the mid range/paint, however he has quite a (n enormous) way to go to be a competent league defender.

Reaction Score
You haven't a clue about basketball if you don't think Hamilton is an NBA player.
I said lottery pick. He will never be a lottery pick. And he's not an nba player right now. He might be after his junior year. But not now. Hence early exit in the tourney.

Reaction Score

Hamilton's game reminds you of DeAndre Daniels? What tinted glasses would cause you to see that? That's like saying Green Day reminds you a lot of Peter, Paul and Mary. I mean, they are both trios, so they must have a lot in common.

Reaction Score
Hamilton's game reminds you of DeAndre Daniels? What tinted glasses would cause you to see that? That's like saying Green Day reminds you a lot of Peter, Paul and Mary. I mean, they are both trios, so they must have a lot in common.
Thin, tall, crafty around the basket, decent passer, poor handle and average outside shot. I think that describes both of them.

Reaction Score
This seals it. These posters come out in droves to get under the skin of all the rational sane fans. They don't care about the team they just get their jollies from trolling. It's like the have meetings in other chat rooms about when they should post and then go back to the chat like a dog bringing back the tennis ball wagging it's tail
What are you talking about? That's my opinion. It's reasonable. If you disagree tell me why? That's the point of a message board. Discussion. Not blind homerism.

Reaction Score
Thin, tall, crafty around the basket, decent passer, poor handle and average outside shot. I think that describes both of them.

Thin - OK.
Tall - OK.
Daniels regularly posted up and worked with his back to the basket. Hamilton's craftiness comes from attacking off the bounce while facing the basket. Totally different games. The next time Hamilton posts up with his back to the basket will be his first.
Hamilton is a ridiculously good passer for a forward. Daniels was abominable - he couldn't pass. Daniels had 52 assists in his whole three-year UConn career - his best season was 0.8. Hamilton has 37 this year already in six games.
Hamilton's handle is excellent for his size, that's why we constantly put the ball in his hands to attack off the dribble. Daniels never had the ball in his hands as a playmaker. If he put the ball on the floor facing the basket and tried to create something, it wasn't by design.
Hamilton is a bit erratic as an outside shooter and doesn't like to spot up. Daniels was money his junior year - pick and pop was his bread and butter.

There is seriously almost nothing they have in common, besides the tall and thin part.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thin - OK.
Tall - OK.
Daniels regularly posted up and worked with his back to the basket. Hamilton's craftiness comes from attacking off the bounce while facing the basket. Totally different games. The next time Hamilton posts up with his back to the basket will be his first.
Hamilton is a ridiculously good passer for a forward. Daniels was abominable - he couldn't pass. Daniels had 52 assists in his whole three-year UConn career - his best season was 0.7. Hamilton has 37 this year already in six games.
Hamilton's handle is excellent for his size, that's why we constantly put the ball in his hands to attack off the dribble. Daniels never had the ball in his hands as a playmaker. If he put the ball on the floor facing the basket and tried to create something, it wasn't by design.
Hamilton is a bit erratic as an outside shooter and doesn't like to spot up. Daniels was money his junior year - pick and pop was his bread and butter.

There is seriously almost nothing they have in common, besides the tall and thin part.
Cool. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I appreciate. Better than just saying I'm an idiot and scurrying away. I still remember Daniels shot being inconsistent. That being said, I think Hamilton will be in the nba but not until next year or senior year. He's not ready. And thus uconn will have a first or second round exit.

Reaction Score
Cool. Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I appreciate. Better than just saying I'm an idiot and scurrying away. I still remember Daniels shot being inconsistent. That being said, I think Hamilton will be in the nba but not until next year or senior year. He's not ready. And thus uconn will have a first or second round exit.
So you're saying NBA talent is required to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

Wow. Just wow.

We don't need to tell you you're an idiot; your posting itself is doing all the exposing on its own.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That being said, I think Hamilton will be in the nba but not until next year or senior year. He's not ready.

3 months until March Madness. 3 months.

Reaction Score

DD's shot was definitely inconsistent his first two years. His junior year he was really good and caused more matchup problems with his ability to spot up against fours.

Hamilton indeed might not turn out to be a lottery pick because he's sort of a 2/3 tweener - he might be too slight to match up with NBA threes and not have the foot speed for twos and that may cause teams to back off him in favor of players who slot into NBA positions more neatly. Daniels had the same issue, but more of being a 3/4 tweener. I'm also not sure DHam will kill it in the combines - he doesn't have plus athleticism or a long wingspan that will give him good measurables.

It's been proven that it is tough to win an NCAA title without someone who would go on to be an NBA stud. Our 2014 team was a rare exception in that regard. But you can certainly get out of the first weekend.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
DD's shot was definitely inconsistent his first two years. His junior year he was really good and caused more matchup problems with his ability to spot up against fours.

Hamilton indeed might not turn out to be a lottery pick because he's sort of a 2/3 tweener - he might be too slight to match up with NBA threes and not have the foot speed for twos and that may cause teams to back off him in favor of players who slot into NBA positions more neatly. Daniels had the same issue, but more of being a 3/4 tweener. I'm also not sure DHam will kill it in the combines - he doesn't have plus athleticism or a long wingspan that will give him good measurables.

It's been proven that it is tough to win an NCAA title without someone who would go on to be an NBA stud. Our 2014 team was a rare exception in that regard. But you can certainly get out of the first weekend.
Right on target Gurley. D Ham is a great creator and good ball handler for a forward. However, his limited arm-span and only average athleticism will temper his NBA Draft appeal. He is also an excellent rebounder but needs to improve his jump-shot and at least become an average position defender before he is ready for the next level. That being given said, he still could be a lower 1st round pick in the 2016 draft if he chooses to declare.
I don't see any other UCONN players being drafted in the 2016 first round but I think Shonn Miller may make a roster as a poor man's Kahwi filling a specific role. Adams definitely looks like a future 1ST round pick, but not in 2016.
Best comparisons for D Hamilton are Winston Shepard at ST ST and D Lawson at Memphis although Lawson is more sloppy and raw at this point

Reaction Score
No one's getting drafted high off this team. I'd assume they're all back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom