How does all the blame fall on the coaches? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How does all the blame fall on the coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The tide is slowly turning on coach's going for it on fourth down. If more fans understood it was the right choice the tide would turn more quickly.

I just rewatched the game. Emotionally (as I did when I was watching live) I wanted them to go for it but it isn't the right call IMO.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just rewatched the game. Emotionally (as I did when I was watching live) I wanted them to go for it but it isn't the right call IMO.

In the first quarter? It was obvious they should go for it. They had the chance to end the game before it started but they chose the safe way. They got exactly what they deserved.

Reaction Score
In the first quarter? It was obvious they should go for it. They had the chance to end the game before it started but they chose the safe way. They got exactly what they deserved.

I bet that if you polled people who cover or coach football for a living, you'd probably get a fairly even split as to go for it or punt. But if you say it's obvious....then I guess it's obvious. I don't see it as an obvious choice. I'll agree to disagree and be done with it.

Reaction Score

I guess I feel this way because I don't have confidence in the team in short yardage, not as an absolute.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I bet that if you polled people who cover or coach football for a living, you'd probably get a fairly even split as to go for it or punt. But if you say it's obvious....then I guess it's obvious. I don't see it as an obvious choice. I'll agree to disagree and be done with it.

Sure. That's my point. People are slowly realizing that going for it on fourth down is the right play there.

When you are outgaining someone 190-15, have a 14-0 lead and are at their 40 and have the chance to finish them why let off the hook with a punt.

That is the best thing about this season. The defense is supposed to be so great and the offense so bad but yet the coaches punt on the rare occasion they have an advantage and don't trust the defense to make a stop short of midfield.

It was not a coincidence they punted, quickly gave up score and never got started again. No coincidence at all.

But sure we can disagree. Play the damn game to win. At least make them beat you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quick note on people who cover college football. If they are as dumb as baseball writers I'd do the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom