Hobbs to Rutgers as Associate Head Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hobbs to Rutgers as Associate Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm in favor of any coach that can teach our bigs how to freaking box out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm in favor of any coach that can teach our bigs how to freaking box out.
Is it me?
Shouldn't any big playing at a blue blood D1 school know how to block out by the time they get to school - at least the basics?

Reaction Score
Kevin Freeman?

I guess it depends on what KO believes KF can do on the road, in the living room etc etc.. He's not officially a "coach" still right?

C

Chief00

Clive Vaughn.

Coaching Bigs is not a spelling bee or a 12 year old misdemeanor charge. If KO is really about winning he will go with the guy who can get it done.

Reaction Score
Go out and get the best available coach who is plugged in on the recruiting trail but more importantly is into x&os. Unfortunately this kind of hire won't happen, freeman seems like a shoe in given KO did the same thing with Ricky moore.

From an optics perspective it would behoove KO to endorse the idea of injecting some new blood, on the outside its not a good look for a staff to be stocked w/ best friends and ex teammates etc. especially when player development has been pretty meh in recent years , other than maybe boatright or Daniels really making leaps.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Where's Harry Hartley when we need him instead of this politically correct BS.

This "politically correct BS" is here to stay. The good old days are not coming back. If you keep living in the past, you are setting yourself up to recede into anger and bitterness.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Hobbs. From what I've heard he has done a lot of work behind the scenes getting the ship righted after the sanctions and such.

His replacement will be interesting. We have a staff of alum. I would imagine KO looks inside again, but even if he doesn't it would be a somewhat awkward transition for an "outsider" to be in a room of people who have played at and been a part of UConn for decades.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's possible or who speep civically, but I would like KO to reach into his nba Rolodex.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Here's a thought: Chris Smith. Husky legend and coached high school ball.

Reaction Score
I really like Kevin and Ricky but I think KO would be better off getting a seasoned veteran from outside the family

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People make so many assumptions on these things. Why do you think Ricky Moore coaches like Karl Hobbs -- just because they're both UConn guys? How do you know Donyell wouldn't bring a completely different approach from Kevin Freeman or whoever? You don't. You're assuming things based on basically nothing.

Reaction Score
“He brought us to his house before the Kent State game,” said UB guard Jarryn Skeete. “And we got to see he’s got every UConn player jersey signed, every top player he played with signed − LeBron, Kobe, Steve Nash, Gilbert Arenas. He’s got a UConn pool table, UConn flooring in his basement. … He’s actually a really cool dude. He’s super down to earth.”

He is a Husky forever and would LOVE the chance to be on that staff. Does he deserve the shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom