Hobbs to Rutgers as Associate Head Coach | The Boneyard

Hobbs to Rutgers as Associate Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, that would be shocking to me, unless Ollie feels he needs a change on his staff, or RU is throwing a ton of money around. Why not just hire Hobbs as head coach?

Reaction Score
Wow, that would be shocking to me, unless Ollie feels he needs a change on his staff, or RU is throwing a ton of money around. Why not just hire Hobbs as head coach?
Pikiell was an assistant under Hobbs at GWU, so this wouldn't be surprising.

Reaction Score
Go get Donyell!!!
My first choice would be Taliek. I'm pretty sure Calhoun, while promoting Born to Lead, mentioned his name as a a guy that deserves a chance to coach.
I also believe he'd be great at recruiting NYC. His program Team FootPrintz has helped many NYC players.

Reaction Score
My first choice would be Taliek. I'm pretty sure Calhoun, while promoting Born to Lead, mentioned his name as a a guy that deserves a chance to coach.
I also believe he'd be great at recruiting NYC. His program Team FootPrintz has helped many NYC players.
I was just going by our need for a bigs coach, and Donyell having coaching experience. Wouldn't be against Taliek though.

CL82

Reaction Score
Pikiell was an assistant under Hobbs at GWU, so this wouldn't be surprising.
It kind of would be because they've flip-flopped rolls little bit. He's being an assistant coach at Yukon better paying and higher status than being an associate head coach at Rutgers? I would think so. Who knows though with that Big Ten money starting to come in

Reaction Score
I understand the big man coach sentiment but I think it's a little over blown. Has Donyell developed any big men? I don't think Pat Riley could make Brimah, Facey, and Phil elite scoring/rebounding big men. Either way, he'd be my second choice purely because of his experience.

I want a guy that will work his butt off helping KO get great players. I think Taliek is that guy. He's been in the AAU circuit and trains very high level current recruits.

CL82

Reaction Score
Well if Hobbs is leaving, i'd love to see us bring in a proven big name coach, but barring that would love to see Donyell here. I do think the UConn "band of brothers" narrative has some value.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Donyell is joining Pikeill's staff as well if he doesn't get the CCSU job, no? My prediction will drive the board mad if it comes true, but I honestly think that KO will stay in-house and promote K-Free from DBO to a spot on the bench as our bigs coach.

CL82

Reaction Score
Donyell is joining Pikeill's staff as well if he doesn't get the CCSU job, no? My prediction will drive the board mad if it comes true, but I honestly think that KO will stay in-house and promote K-Free from DBO to a spot on the bench as our bigs coach.
Who knows? Maybe he's really the guy we're looking for. In theory at least, he currently is in coaching our bigs, so we don't know what he would do. As a player though he was the epitimy of a warrior and played with a high basketball IQ.

Also I believe he used to play with Tim Duncan…

Reaction Score
I agree. That's probably the most likely outcome.

Reaction Score
Donyell eats sleeps and breaths UConn, if we call he will not only answer I think he'd be on the next plane, train, or bus to Hartford. He owns UConn flooring, he's in love with the program

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Donyell eats sleeps and breaths UConn, if we call he will not only answer I think he'd be on the next plane, train, or bus to Hartford. He owns UConn flooring, he's in love with the program

This is assuming we do call.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First - I don't understand the move, if true, but if its $ then that talks
I don't feel UConn needs a big man to coach the bigs - did Donyell play under the net 80% of the time? No
You have KF -perhaps UConn's most tenacious rebounding, shot blocking fearless post player sitting on the coaching bench - do you think he coaches the guards? If I'm not mistaken, I think this year may have been the first year he has been a bench/practice coach - he was BB operations before - could be wrong.
I just think that PN and AB are perhaps not the most coachable guys, not sure if its learning ability, physical deficiencies or it doesn't sink in.
Watched the 2014 NC game again yesterday and I swear that PN and AB were better players at that point
If TB is available - and he can bring a NYC connection - why not?
But if Donyell wants to come- I good with that too

Reaction Score
I understand the big man coach sentiment but I think it's a little over blown. Has Donyell developed any big men? I don't think Pat Riley could make Brimah, Facey, and Phil elite scoring/rebounding big men. Either way, he'd be my second choice purely because of his experience.

I want a guy that will work his butt off helping KO get great players. I think Taliek is that guy. He's been in the AAU circuit and trains very high level current recruits.
Has he developed any big men? He was at Buffalo, not exactly a place where big men go to develop. C'mon the big man coach sentiment is not overblown. Having an NBA big man on the staff and helping every day would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom