Friday Conference tournament results | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Friday Conference tournament results

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Really? I missed that. Good luck to her. But probably the biggest loss to transfer UConn has had- ever.
We'll see how DJB does at PSU.

The biggest loss was clearly EDD.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
He did. I believe he named both. He wasn't hedging at all. Was very complementary of both McGraw and Notre Dame.

Sorry. I believe you are mistaken.

I suggest that you read your own earlier post (quoted below in its entirety). When you do you will see that you stated that Geno complimented "Notre Dame" only.

Wouldn't have mattered. Notre Dame plays a beautiful game of basketball. Very impressive; sort of scary. But Coach Geno has been a class act in giving Notre Dame and Muffet McGraw their due. In an interview on MSG Network, when asked who is his "Geno Auriemma," meaning who is the great coach who is really challenging him the way that he challenged Tennessee and Pat Summit, without hesitation, he said "Notre Dame." So classy response by Coach Geno, and well-earned respect for McGraw and Notre Dame.

Having said that, I want UConn to blow them out!

Reaction Score
We'll see how DJB does at PSU.

The biggest loss was clearly EDD.

EDD didn't really transfer, IMO. She showed up for one night, called her dad and went home. She was homesick. So I don't put her in the same category. Wasn't a problem with the coach, or a lack of playing time, or inability to accept the team's style of offense. Just wanted to go home.

Reaction Score
Different classes - Sadie playing is because she left Uconn in Dec 2014, and was eligible to play this January. Boykin left this December and has to wait a year to play.

Certainly would have been nice if it worked out here for them, but it didn't so ... best of luck to them.
Thank you. My mistake.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
EDD didn't really transfer, IMO. She showed up for one night, called her dad and went home. She was homesick. So I don't put her in the same category. Wasn't a problem with the coach, or a lack of playing time, or inability to accept the team's style of offense. Just wanted to go home.
We're not sure that DJB had any problems with the coach, playing time, or style either. Something didn't click for her, including academics.

Kia Wright was a pretty good player who transferred.

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/kia_wright_229746.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc