Friday Conference tournament results | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Friday Conference tournament results

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just saw a funny tweet from Beth Mowins.

ACC semifinals tomorrow is old Big East teams.

Notre Dame vs Miami
Louisville vs Syracuse

#shame

Reaction Score
Would it be something if Tenn meets and upsets UConn and goes on the win the NC ?

What is the prescribed procedure for getting a poster figuratively Tarred, Feathered, and Ridden out of town on the rail?

JK, but a game like that would be VERY intriguing. The rivalry (lack-o-caps intentional) is fundamentally meaningless to this group of players, but HISTORY is not. Could they possibly put together a game that could rekindle the rivalry?!?

AND what would scalping tickets to a UConn vs TN game cost, with TN on the warpath?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Notre Dame vs Miami
Louisville vs Syracuse

#shame
The greatest basketball conference ever. Gone but not forgotten.

Reaction Score
Lets be honest. This is the Tennessee team that should have showed up all season.

Louisville got by Georgia Tech in the ACC Tourney.

Any of our Duke friends now why Rebecca Greenwell didn't play tonight?
She has a back issue. Not serious, day to day. Duke had no outside game without her. And ND looks very good. I'm at the ACC tourney. On many ND plays I'd say to my wife - nobody else plays that way except ND.

Reaction Score
She has a back issue. Not serious, day to day. Duke had no outside game without her. And ND looks very good. I'm at the ACC tourney. On many ND plays I'd say to my wife - nobody else plays that way except ND.
Sorry, I meant except UCONN!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Washington upsets Stanford 73-65.

1st time Stanford hasn't made it to the PAC12 semifinals.

Kara Lawson said the PAC12 would be the most interesting tourney to watch. Certainly has been exciting.

Kelsey Plum becomes all time scoring leader for Washington.

Reaction Score

Wouldn't have mattered. Notre Dame plays a beautiful game of basketball. Very impressive; sort of scary. But Coach Geno has been a class act in giving Notre Dame and Muffet McGraw their due. In an interview on MSG Network, when asked who is his "Geno Auriemma," meaning who is the great coach who is really challenging him the way that he challenged Tennessee and Pat Summit, without hesitation, he said "Notre Dame." So classy response by Coach Geno, and well-earned respect for McGraw and Notre Dame.

Having said that, I want UConn to blow them out!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
In an interview on MSG Network, when asked who is his "Geno Auriemma," meaning who is the great coach who is really challenging him, without hesitation, he said "Notre Dame."!

He was asked for the name of some really great coach. Why did he not say "Muffet McGraw"? :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards scores 20 points, hits two of three 3-point attempts, and blocks 3 shots in loss to Oregon State:

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400869923

Imagine what this UConn freshman class could have been had D'ajanae Boykin and Sadie Edwards had staid put....

Having said that, are there any Boykin sightings out there?
Different classes - Sadie playing is because she left Uconn in Dec 2014, and was eligible to play this January. Boykin left this December and has to wait a year to play.

Certainly would have been nice if it worked out here for them, but it didn't so ... best of luck to them.

Reaction Score
Washington upsets Stanford 73-65.

1st time Stanford hasn't made it to the PAC12 semifinals.

Kara Lawson said the PAC12 would be the most interesting tourney to watch. Certainly has been exciting.

Kelsey Plum becomes all time scoring leader for Washington.

Plum also got a technical for popping "the Samuelson that rebounds" in the face. Not cool Kelsey.

Reaction Score
The wife and I really looking forward to the ACC tourney games today. We transplanted from CT to VA a few years ago and this is our 2nd tournament. Great seats at courtside. ND will handle Miami easily. Louisville should beat the 'Cuse, but their defense is relentless. Very physical, so how well Q's ladies do wiall depend to some extent on how the game's called.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame vs Miami
Louisville vs Syracuse

#shame
The one original ACC school that most likely would've been in semifinals is in the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Nd up 39-38 at half over Miami. Canes have hit 8-16 from 3 which is not likely to continue.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Charlie now has Tennessee up to the 7 line. A win over Vanderbilt wouldn't help their resume, but beating Mississippi State would, though probably not enough for more than a 6 seed. But if Tennessee then beats South Carolina in the SEC final, then the discussion gets interesting.

More like an 8 or 9 after tonight. Man, the LV's are just awful. They are lucky to still be considered at all..,

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Correction, based on the loss of UConn, Louisville, Rutgers, and Syracuse:

"Forgotten but not gone." ;)
True, there is still a Big East, but in name only. As with "New Coke," it is decidedly inferior to the prior version.

Reaction Score
He was asked for the name of some really great coach. Why did he not say "Muffet McGraw"? :cool:
He did. I believe he named both. He wasn't hedging at all. Was very complementary of both McGraw and Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom