Friday Conference tournament results | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday Conference tournament results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Minny's coach said it would be a travesty if Banham is not in the NCAA's. Not sure about that, but at 19-11, they are certainly a bubble team - their only really good win is over Ohio STate, which is a really good win. Would you put them in over Temple, who has no win as impressive as that one? It's a tough call for sure...

In her postgame quotes after the Northwestern loss, she was much less assertive, just saying that she knows Minnesota will be playing postseason basketball. Seemed resigned to their likely WNIT fate.

Plebe

Reaction Score
75-64 Cal upsets ASU.

Biggest upset in PAC12 history, 10 seed over 2 seed.

Led by PAC12 FOY Kristine Anigwe 24pts 11reb. She is an impressive athletic player. Does NOT play like a freshman.

My pick for National Freshman of the Year.

Reaction Score
My pick for National Freshman of the Year.

Didn't she go down with a season-ending injury? Wasn't she hurt badly? What's the story? She was outstanding on the U-17 USA team.

Reaction Score
TAMU leads Tenn 14-13 after one
Aggies playing a zone

Reaction Score
Tenn up 30-27 at half.
Everyone still think the vols don't deserve an NCAA bid?

Btw, Nell fortner and Andy Landers may be the most painful studio team ever.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tenn will be in the tourney. They are now playing much closer to their potential.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Vols seem to have righted the ship.
Up 49-45 after 3.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
OSU up 40-36 over Rutgers midway through the third quarter. The low score would seem to mean that the game is being played at Rutgers' pace.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Vols seem to have righted the ship.
Up 49-45 after 3.

They were up by 10 in the 4th quarter on A&M before losing in OT in the regular season. They will have righted the ship when they (finally) close it out.

Reaction Score
They were up by 10 in the 4th quarter on A&M before losing in OT. They will have righted the ship when they close it out.

I was just referring to the super tailspin of backtoback losses to LSU and Alabama .

Plebe

Reaction Score
12th place Northwestern followed up its upset of #5 Minnesota yday, with a win over #4 Indiana. This pushes the #4 Hoosiers onto the bubble.

Nwestern has won 2 big ten games in the past 2 days. During the whole season, they won 4 (of 18).

Northwestern and Cal both have 4-14 conference records, both fell far short preseason expectations, and both have pulled big upsets in their respective conference tourneys.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we could see Tennessee make the SEC finals. They will likely beat Mississippi State/Vanderbilt!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have a feeling we could see Tennessee make the SEC finals. They will likely beat Mississippi State/Vanderbilt!
Sadly, I agree. then we will have to hear ad nauseum how "they have righted the ship and deserve a 3 or 4 seed".

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Sadly, I agree. then we will have to hear ad nauseum how "they have righted the ship and deserve a 3 or 4 seed".

lol....

another thought....

If Kentucky plays like they did today they could knock off South Carolina (whose offense was anemic today) and that would make a Tennessee/Kentucky final!! Can you imagine after all the season was if the Lady Vols won the SEC tourney???

Plebe

Reaction Score

Charlie now has Tennessee up to the 7 line. A win over Vanderbilt wouldn't help their resume, but beating Mississippi State would, though probably not enough for more than a 6 seed. But if Tennessee then beats South Carolina in the SEC final, then the discussion gets interesting.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Tennessee KO'd Texas A&M. DeShields was terrific. Graves very good.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Lets be honest. This is the Tennessee team that should have showed up all season.

Louisville got by Georgia Tech in the ACC Tourney.

Any of our Duke friends now why Rebecca Greenwell didn't play tonight?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
lol....

another thought....

If Kentucky plays like they did today they could knock off South Carolina (whose offense was anemic today) and that would make a Tennessee/Kentucky final!! Can you imagine after all the season was if the Lady Vols won the SEC tourney???

That would be painful. I don't think we'll shoot poorly 2 games in a row.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tennessee has looked really good the last 3 games. DeShields looks a lot more relaxed and is playing smarter, better basketball. She did a great job today not forcing the issue, looked for her teammates and picked her moments to make plays. She is also outstanding as a 1 man press. Russell and Graves are posting hard and getting more touches. Carter was everywhere today defensively like she used to be. They look so much more confident and cohesive than they did just a week ago. I could see Tennessee being an Elite 8 team, and I also could see them losing in the 1st round. They'll be dangerous in the tournament, and could upset USC in the Championship on Sunday if they continue playing like they have lately.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Conference tourney's make me so confused. So, if you are already a #1 seed they don't matter you could completely tank and then take 2.5 weeks to practice for the NCAA... but if you sucked all year but then cruise through the conference tourney on adrenaline, a bit of focus, and some lucky breaks you are in to the NCAA... right? No matter what the season if you win your conference tourney you are in correct?
You are not confused; that is exactly how it works.

Reaction Score
Charlie now has Tennessee up to the 7 line. A win over Vanderbilt wouldn't help their resume, but beating Mississippi State would, though probably not enough for more than a 6 seed. But if Tennessee then beats South Carolina in the SEC final, then the discussion gets interesting.
They'll be no higher than a 5.

Reaction Score
Lets be honest. This is the Tennessee team that should have showed up all season.

Louisville got by Georgia Tech in the ACC Tourney.

Any of our Duke friends now why Rebecca Greenwell didn't play tonight?

"Green well missed her second straight game with a back injury."

Reaction Score
Would it be something if Tenn meets and upsets UConn and goes on the win the NC ? The WCBB world or at least the BY would implode! I wonder what the kind of odd can you get at Vegas on something like that ?

Reaction Score
Would it be something if Tenn meets and upsets UConn and goes on the win the NC ? The WCBB world or at least the BY would implode! I wonder what the kind of odd can you get at Vegas on something like that ?

I'd recommend you invest everything you have and bet it on the Lady Vols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc