February Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

February Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Is it possible that Patterson and Shade will meet in the Finals? Indiana used to have one division tournament? Is that still a thing? If they go by school size now, they will be in different divisions.
Thay have different classes. I watch the State Championships every year. I get to see Texas, Michigan, Iowa, and California.

Reaction Score
Thay have different classes. I watch the State Championships every year. I get to see Texas, Michigan, Iowa, and California.
So no Hoosier miracles any longer! When I lived in Indiana, Bobby Plump was the most popular citizen. Hitting that winning basket changed his life forever.

Reaction Score
[Ayanna Patterson’s Homestead & Ashlynn Shade’s Noblesville] have different classes.
… but they faced off during regular season this & last year.

How can that happen if their schools are in different competition classes?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Teams can schedule other teams regardless of class during the regular season. I know I have watched the Indiana Stater Tournament for many years. I saw Jackie Young help her team win it in her junior year.

Reaction Score

I stand corrected. Fort Wayne is a larger city than Noblesville, so I made an incorrect assumption. When I lived in Indiana, there were no classes based on school size.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/4

Aaliyah Chavez: 13 points

Sahara Williams: 7 points, fouled out in 3rd

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Now Smith, a sophomore power forward, is carrying on their legacy for Etiwanda, the No. 5-slotted team in JWS' national rankings. She displayed the full spectrum of her scoring abilities in a 91-26 win over Chino Hills on Jan. 28, tying a program record with 44 points. She followed that up with two more stellar performances — 18 points and 12 rebounds in a win over Bonita Vista, and 19 points in a victory against Rancho Cucamonga — en route to earning JWS Player of the Week honors.

“In my 22 years (of coaching), she’s one of the most intense players I’ve ever coached,” Etiwanda coach Stan Delus said. “She’s all about getting the job done. All about playing the game the right way.”

Not only can Smith score in the post, Delus said, leveraging her 6-foot-1 frame against smaller defenders, but she can shoot it from long-range, too. She also has the ball skills to distribute and can comfortably defend positions 1 through 5.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A few Ayanna Patterson highlights from Friday (2/4) on the video at this link.

And that was due in large part to another classic performance by Homestead senior Ayanna Patterson, who finished with 35 points, 14 rebounds and six blocks.

“Ayanna was special again tonight. She's the best player in the state, and tonight she was just phenomenal,” Homestead coach Rod Parker said of the McDonald's All-American selection. “She was the difference in tonight's game.”

Reaction Score
Mid season Olivia Olson ('24) highlights:

Ridiculous potential. She and Bueckers are the two best all around HS players I've seen in quite a few years. College level ability, shooter, footwork, and court vision right now as a sophomore. If UConn can pull her out of the midwest they'll have a linchpin for at least 3 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love Ashlyn's striving for excellence. You can see it in the details. I'm not impressed by someone making a few 3 pointers in a year long compendium of highlights. I'm impressed by the skill and excellence shown in the course of a normal game. I want to see the misses as well as the shots made to really evaluate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom