February Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

February Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone think it's not going to be Betts really? I doubt it. You may want someone else but the best player in the nation is Betts. And it's not that close. Mikaylah would be 2nd maybe in my opinion but Betts is the clear top talent. Amazing how some people repeatedly try to ridicule my projections until they are right. It's happened 2-3 times now and probably will happen again. Betts is the best player in this year's crop. The player most likely to help win a NC going forward. No one can stop her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone think it's not going to be Betts really? I doubt it. You may want someone else but the best player in the nation is Betts. And it's not that close. Mikaylah would be 2nd maybe in my opinion but Betts is the clear top talent. Amazing how some people repeatedly try to ridicule my projections until they are right. It's happened 2-3 times now and probably will happen again. Betts is the best player in this year's crop. The player most likely to help win a NC going forward. No one can stop her.
Do you have any stats on Betts or Grandview’s record?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong has visited Uconn during the Notre Dame game apparently:
I'm more convinced now more than ever that this guy Hamilton Neill is using the the BY as a major source of information.
His video reporting Ashlyn Shade commitment was basically a summary of the reports from the BY such as her multiple visits to TN, the unofficial visit of shade to UCONN, and most significantly the reporting that UCONN WBB began following Shade just before she committed. With regards to Strong this latest video reported her visit to UCONN during the ND game which took some excellent detective work on the part of @Sluconn Husky to identify her in a photo behind the UCONN bench.

Reaction Score
Do you have any stats on Betts or Grandview’s record?
Grandview is about 7-9.

The only win they have against a top team is they beat La Jolla by 13 but she only shot 5-14.

They have lost to a lot of good teams. Hopkins, Duncanville, Bishop Mcnamara, New Hope Academy, Desoto.

She may have missed some games early in the season, but you can't win Player of the Year if you played in a game where your team lost 88-44.

Betts is averaging about 15-10-3 if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
Why? Kiki is the top player on a dominant team! Not sure why Bett’s credentials are so much better than
A prior @Teamfirst stated :

"I worry about both Stanford and SC next year. Betts is next year's freshman of the year and maybe even player of the year. She's that good. She puts an all american on the bench potentially. Imagine a front court of 6 7" Betts as a generational talent, Brink, Belibi and Prectel? I don't see any team with a better front court."
we talking bout high school awards and you talking bout a freshman winning player of the year and she didn’t even suit up for Stanford yet. And she already won freshman of the year. Who told you that future fact??

Reaction Score
I'm more convinced now more than ever that this guy Hamilton Neill is using the the BY as a major source of information.
His video reporting Ashlyn Shade commitment was basically a summary of the reports from the BY such as her multiple visits to TN, the unofficial visit of shade to UCONN, and most significantly the reporting that UCONN WBB began following Shade just before she committed. With regards to Strong this latest video reported her visit to UCONN during the ND game which took some excellent detective work on the part of @Sluconn Husky to identify her in a photo behind the UCONN bench.
Who cares where he gets his info? He does a good job in gathering it together and presenting it in a coherent, single place. Imo he does a good job of it.

Reaction Score
Let’s pump the brakes a little! She’s averaging 15 & 10 with 31/2 blocks. Nice numbers but come on, she’s 6’7” in high school! It seems to me that those numbers are pretty low considering her size advantage in virtually every game. People throw the “generational” tag around so much that it’s in danger of becoming meaningless. Now, she may be exactly what you say but she also may be just a nice player who happens to be a couple of inches taller than the usual 6’4”-6’5” kids we see so much of these days. I might regret it but right now, I’d have to take M. Williams or O Olson over her. (I realize they are in different years) Again, not putting her down, I just think she hasn’t really earned the kind of breathless awe you seem to be according her!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Grandview is about 7-9.

The only win they have against a top team is they beat La Jolla by 13 but she only shot 5-14.

They have lost to a lot of good teams. Hopkins, Duncanville, Bishop Mcnamara, New Hope Academy, Desoto.

She may have missed some games early in the season, but you can't win Player of the Year if you played in a game where your team lost 88-44.

Betts is averaging about 15-10-3 if I remember correctly.
Thanks! That's a brutal schedule--all of those teams are uber-elite. But 7-9 compares poorly with Sidwell's undefeated season. 15/10/3 is nice, but, based on what some folks are saying, I thought she might have closer to 25/15/5 or better. She is good. Is she great? Is she as good as Griner or Boston?? I don't see a compelling case for NPOY. The NPOY and AA awards are based on accomplishments, not potential.

Reaction Score
Bett's team couldn't get the ball past half court for her in a lot of games. She has her younger sister, who is a good player, but if you can't get the ball to the post you will have a tough time utilizing her talent. Watch her with USA basketball for a better eval. As the youngest player on the team she put up great numbers. She shot 64% and had 9.6 rebounds in 16.9 minutes of pt on average. Twice as many blocked shots as anyone else on the team. Extrapolated to 40 minutes, she would have been well over 23 points per game with 4 blocks and around 22 rebounds a game.

Reaction Score
Betts does look slow though and very dependent on other players to get her the ball to score. She has a solid shooting touch though and good moves. Not very mobile on defense but she probably is in better shape by the time she reaches college. She's stronger than Brink but not as quick.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Bett's team couldn't get the ball past half court for her in a lot of games. She has her younger sister, who is a good player, but if you can't get the ball to the post you will have a tough time utilizing her talent. Watch her with USA basketball for a better eval. As the youngest player on the team she put up great numbers. She shot 64% and had 9.6 rebounds in 16.9 minutes of pt on average. Twice as many blocked shots as anyone else on the team. Extrapolated to 40 minutes, she would have been well over 23 points per game with 4 blocks and around 22 rebounds a game.
Right... so hopefully you realize that her performance at USA basketball have nothing to do with her being named a finalist for the Naismith award.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who cares where he gets his info? He does a good job in gathering it together and presenting it in a coherent, single place. Imo he does a good job of it.
:eek:Apparently you do because in your opinion he doing a good job.

Reaction Score
Well he must be good if he gets all his info here since the yard is filled with expertsa

Reaction Score
:eek:Apparently you do because in your opinion he doing a good job.
No he is not. You could train a child to do what he does. He never talks about anything UConn fans don’t already know. Plus his cadence makes my ears bleed!

Reaction Score
let's send him a bill...........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle