Dorka out with broken thumb | The Boneyard

Dorka out with broken thumb

sun

Reaction Score
This could be an opportunity for Amari to show off her offensive talent.
She's a good mid range shooter.
She can even draw some fouls and make foul shots.
It's time for the next woman up.
Let's go Amari!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is nuts. I guess they held up the announcement for tactical reasons and must have known early in the week I hope Amari sees this as the opportunity of her career.

Reaction Score
Sadly, this is deja vu for Dorka. She has been almost continually hurt to a greater or lesser degree since she joined the team (Caroline is in a similar boat). But given the thin bench of interior players, Dorka's injury is magnified. I imagine Geno will move Aaliyah closer to the hoop and maybe go with a 4-guard line-up. There's little reason to think that Amari is ready to play many minutes, but hope springs eternal.

Reaction Score
I could see Geno going small tomorrow with Azzi, Nika, & Lou and Caroline off the bench.
Alliyah & Aubrey will handle the boards. But Amari & Ayanna should contrbute under the basket as well.
Wow...that's a lot of A's!!

Reaction Score
This is nuts. I guess they held up the announcement for tactical reasons and must have known early in the week I hope Amari sees this as the opportunity of her career.
Dorka shook her hand; it wasn't the one with tape on the wrist; I thought, "Oh no", but she kept playing through it. She'd already dove, full length for a ball, saving it from going out of bounds, maybe the defensive play of the game. Now this, on top of all the other injuries.
I guess it IS the time for Amari to stand up, now or in February, sooner or later, or not at all. Time will tell. We keep asking this team to suck it up, and they have. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Hope this is Amari’s “coming out” party.
I'm real sorry to say that there is NO way Amari will start or play meaningful minutes. Believe me, I hope to hell I'm wrong but, she has shown nothing to me that gives me any reason to think she is anything but a 4 year bench warmer, unless this injury bug hits the rest of our Bigs, Geno will go small before he allows Amari to get much more then 10 mins or probably less.

Reaction Score
I'm real sorry to say that there is NO way Amari will start or play meaningful minutes. Believe me, I hope to hell I'm wrong but, she has shown nothing to me that gives me any reason to think she is anything but a 4 year bench warmer, unless this injury bug hits the rest of our Bigs, Geno will go small before he allows Amari to get much more then 10 mins or probably less.
Ten minutes is all we need from Amari. Alliyah & Aubrey will be the main rebounders with Amari & Ayanna giving them a breather.
Let's hope the bigs stay out of foul trouble.

sun

Reaction Score
Broke her thumb on Monday and not a word till now???
The catcher on my favorite MLB team had a similar thumb injury last season.
X-rays showed no fracture until a bone scan was performed after a long time, maybe 1-2 weeks.
Meanwhile he was playing through it.
After the fracture was discovered, he opted to have surgery and was out for over 6 weeks with the rehab.
The break was in a bad location and maybe even got worse by hitting.
But nothing showed up on the initial X-rays!!

Reaction Score

He may not have a choice. Aubrey being the second tallest player against big teams is a recipe for disaster.

NC State has two 6’5” players and a 6’3” player coming off their bench alone. Aaliyah and Aubrey can’t do it themselves.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any walk ons out there? Volleyball season over? :oops::oops::oops:

Reaction Score
He may not have a choice. Aubrey being the second tallest player against big teams is a recipe for disaster.

NC State has two 6’5” players and a 6’3” player coming off their bench alone. Aaliyah and Aubrey can’t do it themselves.
Agreed but, a lot of Bigs can't or won't run with our guys in the 2nd half. That's where I feel we'll pull away with our defense and conditioning. Azzi will probably do what she did against Texas. I also think Lou will play much better this game then she did against Texas. I know my comments aren't appreciated on this thread but, Amari has not shown any Drive, Hustle or a solid mental attitude to be counted on in a big game like this. JMHO!

Reaction Score
Better now than later in the season........this is where the loss of Brady really hurts...........I assume Geno will fill in with Patterson but hope Deberry gets some minutes and proves to the Boneyard that she really can play......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom