Dorka out with broken thumb | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Dorka out with broken thumb

Reaction Score
Fortunate that it is a fracture rather than a dislocation. I dislocated and tore ligaments in my thumb and it was three months before I could move it and the better part of a year before I got the full range of motion back.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for Dorka. First she breaks her wrist last season. Now this. :(

Get well soon Dorka!!!!!

Reaction Score
UConn has a problem with being forthcoming about injuries. Remember how they continued to characterize the injury to Decharmes as a "head injury"? It was a concussion, but they didn't want to admit it. Lots of failing to admit regarding injuries.
Oh please! Like every other team doesn’t do this. I don’t remember Texas letting everyone know in advance if Rori Harmon was going to play against UConn. I do remember Geno saying they were preparing for the game as if she was going to play - and we have heard that statement many times throughout the years from many coaches.

Reaction Score
Fromm what I saw in a few glimpses of Dorka on the bench, it did not appear to be a full cast on her thumb/hand. It looked more like a wrap which might indicate less severity on injury.

Reaction Score

She will be lucky if it is only that. The fracture is 4-6 weeks. Then, she has to get used to playing again. But, perhaps due to Xmas break ( pardon the expression ) she misses only three games. But she is beginning to give the impression of a china doll. And I think she broke her thumb on missed lay-up, where she got whacked. She was holding her arm afterwards, and I thought she had re-injured the broken wrist

Reaction Score
Three games equates to a week from now, right? Seems like a quick turnaround to me but I'm not a M.D. nor have I been to a Holiday Express in quite a long time. :rolleyes:
Yeah 3 games is a head scratcher. I jammed a thumb (interestingly it happened at the XL Center when a t-shirt fired from a CO2 bazooka hit my thumb exactly the wrong way) and it was painful for about 3 weeks. It is Dorka's off hand but how effective can she be running around with a cast on? Generally, you need 2 good hands to catch passes and get rebounds.

Reaction Score
Was she wearing a full cast on it on Sunday? It looked like only a soft wrap — but I only caught a brief glimpse of it. Perhaps it isn’t as serious as a full fracture.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Was she wearing a full cast on it on Sunday? It looked like only a soft wrap — but I only caught a brief glimpse of it. Perhaps it isn’t as serious as a full fracture.
Three games sounds like a hairline fracture. There is no reason for UConn to underestimate recovery time since not meeting the deadline leads to disappointment so I think she gets back for the ND game. Fingers crossed.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Was there any inkling that Dorka was injured? I'm gathering she must have just played through it on Monday?
As Dokra was making a driving layup. a Texas player wacked her had with karate like blow. Initially I thought she was aiming at Dorka's previously broken wrist. I remember because I was outraged at the unsportsmanlike act and MSSVC chastised me for my language. :oops:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
As Dokra was making a driving layup. a Texas player wacked her had with karate like blow. Initially I thought she was aiming at Dorka's previously broken wrist. I remember because I was outraged at the unsportsmanlike act and MSSVC chastised me for my language. :oops:
In the last two games there were more than one unsportsmanlike acts by the opposing teams. Shoves in the back when AE was going up for a lay up. Aubrey hit in the back of the head while attempting a lay up. Nika pushed in the back into AE, where the official actually called traveling on AE instead of a foul on the NC State player. There seems to be that the officials call two types of games when it comes to officiating a UConn game. The opposing team is allowed to be physical while UConn gets called for touch fouls, at least that is what has happened with the last two games, IMHO.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
In the last two games there were more than one unsportsmanlike acts by the opposing teams. Shoves in the back when AE was going up for a lay up. Aubrey hit in the back of the head while attempting a lay up. Nika pushed in the back into AE, where the official actually called traveling on AE instead of a foul on the NC State player. There seems to be that the officials call two types of games when it comes to officiating a UConn game. The opposing team is allowed to be physical while UConn gets called for touch fouls, at least that is what has happened with the last two games, IMHO.
I remember tht play, after being " chopped " Dorka grabbed her wrist , and thn I remember thkn and say OHHH, never got out another word bcus of my daughters hand over my mouth, I don't thk it was her intention to cause injury, just a attempt to send her to the line, a good clean ""Basketball foul" I've received plenty of those, and sometimes they do jam, or cause cracks (breaks).....jmo

Reaction Score
the officials call two types of games when it comes to officiating a UConn game. The opposing team is allowed to be physical while UConn gets called for touch fouls, at least that is what has happened with the last two games, IMHO.
It certainly feels that way sometimes. I've complained about Chicago-style reffing at Depaul games. Morrow is allowed to hack away, and Dorka and Aaliyah get called for every touch foul.

Reaction Score
It certainly feels that way sometimes. I've complained about Chicago-style reffing at Depaul games. Morrow is allowed to hack away, and Dorka and Aaliyah get called for every touch foul.
It's the refs way of calling it even. UConn doesn't play a particularly physical brand of basketball, so if you don't call touch fouls it would be lopsided in most games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom