Do you guys think...... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Do you guys think......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel you Whaler11, but from what Dez Connor said no matter what the outcome is this season DeLeone and PP stays for another year! But I hope Dez is wrong and they both go after this year!

Then UConn needs to admit publicly - perhaps at a press conference - that the university is not serious about football.

Reaction Score
I saw GDL and PP coming out of a male strip club Saturday night after the Temple loss singing a Barbara Streisand song. Should I post that here?
quick question what were you doing at a male strip club? Hope your a female ;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I will wager that the question (is UConn looking to replace PP) has been asked and I will wager heavily that the standard answer is "No. We do not foresee any coaching changes". This is said as the wheels are perilously close to falling off as it is and everything would become completely unhinged if a statement comes from UConn's administration even remotely suggesting a coaching change is being considered.

Daigneault, Conner and any other journalist publishing (or tweeting) this is merely passing on what he was told and not considering the possibility that they are not being given the complete truth.

I don't know how quickly those in charge are willing to act but I would be stunned if PP isn't informed that there must be major changes for him to remain. I also have a good idea on what things are like among the coaching staff and I do not see it as possible for the entirety of the offensive staff to return. If one member does return, at least two other members will not.

I think you are partially correct. The Program gives a Vote of Confidence (VOC) to maintain a hint of stability during the year. The real reason, IMO, is that any resplacement from the outside worth their salt is currently in a successful program and will not abandon their current team during week 8. All the movement between the regular season and the bowls is because, except for the teams playing in the BCS Championship, the bowls are basically an exhibition and the coaches can get a jump on recruiting (terrible rule, but its the NCAA).

The beat writers are more or less obligated to take the Coaches and AD at their word. They can certainly read between the lines, but they cannot publish it based solely on conjecture; their stories need some factual basis. As do columnists' stories, but they have a little longer leash.

As far as the entire coaching staff returning: I tend to agree that the staff does not return in its entirety. The AD has a huge decision on his hands. He needs to balance maintaining the recruiting class (i.e coach continuity), improving of the product on the field (i.e. predict the coach's results with a full class of his own), all while appeasing both the whales and the little fish in the metal benches (i.e. maintaining/improving revenue). Remember, every 1,000 season tickets sold to us peeons equals about $350,000 in program revenue with at least $100,000 going directly to the athletic department. That ain't chump change to be sure.

Reaction Score
I will wager that the question (is UConn looking to replace PP) has been asked and I will wager heavily that the standard answer is "No. We do not foresee any coaching changes".quote]

The answer will always be no until the last time the question is asked.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Warde should be looking and if he finds his guy, make the move.

Why? Because whether or not you think P can turn it around or not, it is clear to all he is not the coach to take us where we want to go.

He was brought in to maintain and build, and he has certainly not done that.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'll go on the record. Anything short of a bowl game and this staff is gone.

They can't bring them back without 3 wins in 5
I'm with you bro, but I think they have to O-fer to not be back next year. And they could very well go o-fer.

Reaction Score
I do not know what UConn does, but I can't imagine they don't monitor how they are discussed in various social media. Every business of size keeps an eye on how they are being discussed.
yes, but Uconn has been so backassward for so long in so many areas . . . It's the "land of steady habits"mentality that has always been prevalent in Storrs. Thank God for John Rowland and his vision for the school. We hired Hathaway when Lew left. Only now are they starting to bring the university into the late 20th Century. Next administration will bring it to the 21st. Susan Herbst doing a great job, but has a lot of baggage to carry.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Then UConn needs to admit publicly - perhaps at a press conference - that the university is not serious about football.

Are you saying that if UConn fires P, they are not serious about football? Not sure if I read that right.

Reaction Score
quick question what were you doing at a male strip club? Hope your a female ;)

Nice try but you will notice that I said "I saw them coming out", I should have added ".....when I was driving by" :cool:

Reaction Score
formerlurker said:
Desmond is a hack. He knows it, his bosses know it.

Huskymedic said:
Desmond Conner@desmondconner
Folks recruits read #rumors. #UConn is not looking for a new football coach. You're going a little too far now whoever started it #SHAME

Case in point. Des chooses to attack the easy target, the fans. It can't possibly be anyone elses fault there are rumors floating around.

Reaction Score
Nice try but you will notice that I said "I saw them coming out", I should have added ".....when I was driving by" :cool:

I think the correct answer would be that "the club was next to the gun range you were shooting stuff at"

Reaction Score
If the AD has determined we are heading in the wrong direction but then decides we should keep the coaches (whoever they are) for another season because we can sell some tickets against Michigan we have a huge problem. Leads me to wonder why we wouldn't sell those tickets anyway. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom