Do you guys think...... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you guys think......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Listen I want these coaches out of here like ASAP, but the media I think believes their staying for another year!

Reaction Score
Either UConn is choosing to be one of the worst BCS programs in the country or they are feeding the writers a line. I would like to assume positive intent so i'll assume positive intent from the administration.

Agreed - I believe there is some calming of the water going on.

Dez, Paul d. Ed, John, Joe D, Kevin N, Jim F, Chris E and the Daily Campus among others hear the answers to questions and read the body language. One might get the initial story to break but the others will soon have it. These guys have a job to do and try to do it. All media is becoming less formal (which sucks is some respects) - "what's good", "That’s it for now. Gotta pay the bills.". etc... heck I think the NYT is beginning to drop the "Mr Medic" naming they were so famous for.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I saw GDL and PP coming out of a male strip club Saturday night after the Temple loss singing a Barbara Streisand song. Should I post that here?

You lost me at, "I saw PP coming out of a male strip club".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed - I believe there is some calming of the water going on.

Dez, Paul d. Ed, John, Joe D, Kevin N, Jim F, Chris E and the Daily Campus among others hear the answers to questions and read the body language. One might get the initial story to break but the others will soon have it. These guys have a job to do and try to do it. All media is becoming less formal (which sucks is some respects) - "what's good", "That’s it for now. Gotta pay the bills.". etc... heck I think the NYT is beginning to drop the "Mr Medic" naming they were so famous for.

Their job is to print the literal quotes. Des buys in because he is a Syracuse.fan who still looks down on this program. Silver and Chip generally got it.

Maybe the writers are right and the staff will be back. If that is the reality, it will be 10 of us here next year because the team will be so bad it will be hard to believe.

BizLaw hit on it once offseason. Look at the contributors and look at their class. Then anticipate next year's schedule. Bloodbath.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is an ignore button. I'll use it for you if you promise to use it for me

Please ignore me. I'd hate to miss your inside information.

But your line wasn't even remotely funny.

Reaction Score
Please ignore me. I'd hate to miss your inside information.

But your line wasn't even remotely funny.

If you are trying to be an a*shole, mission accomplished.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are trying to be an a*shole, mission accomplished.

Was being 100% honest. Would hate to miss that 'inside' info and your joke was terrible.

Reaction Score
There will definitely be coaching changes.

Foley and Day will quit. It will get worse before it gets better.

Time to write a strongly worded memo.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but I believe PP and GDL try to use their laptops and then bitch to each other about how the fax machine is broken.

I was thinking along the lines of the old IBM selectric.

Reaction Score
Their job is to print the literal quotes. Des buys in because he is a Syracuse.fan who still looks down on this program. Silver and Chip generally got it.

Maybe the writers are right and the staff will be back. If that is the reality, it will be 10 of us here next year because the team will be so bad it will be hard to believe.

BizLaw hit on it once offseason. Look at the contributors and look at their class. Then anticipate next year's schedule. Bloodbath.

Yup. Just looked at the roster. Just off the top of my head:
Half of our starting d.
Both tight ends.
And more than half our receiver production.

That dog just won't hunt.

Reaction Score
Where is the 'rumor' UConn is looking for a new coach? No question many on this board want PP/GDL gone, but not seeing how that translates into a rumor. To me a rumor is something along the lines of a news report saying 'sources are saying Warde Manuel has contacted X' and there's certainly no evidence of that.
I happily chimed in on the 'Sonny Dykes' thread of guys who would be a good replacement if the right thing is done. Jeez, scouting the coaching landscape is the only thing that's made the last four weeks bearable.
As to the 'recruits read #rumors' thing: I don't think an offensive player or a parent of same needs a message board to tell them our offensive philosophy is beyond outdated. The comments here are just reinforcing what they're seeing with their own eyes. And if I was a parent of a defensive player I'd need assurances Don Brown isn't going anywhere. And finally to Mr. Recruit (and their parents): you will get a pretty damn good education if you come here.

Reaction Score
I do have a little more hope for next year's defense with Graham Stewart playing; Jesse J also has said he'll be back (not sure about Teddy), although the achilles not easy to rebound from.

Reaction Score
Whoa there, slow down Coug. Before we go there, perhaps someone can be given what for.

Sorry, that was another "Arrested Development" (The show, not the group) reference.

Reaction Score
I want P and GDL gone as much as anybody on the BY, but who knows if it will happen. My concern is we will lose Coach Brown because any sane human being would not want to tie their job security to a horrible head coach. I would hate it, but it would not surprise me.

Reaction Score
Yup. Just looked at the roster. Just off the top of my head:
Half of our starting d.
Both tight ends.
And more than half our receiver production.

That dog just won't hunt.

We have to go into next year with a new coach and with the understanding that the next year or 2 are rebuilding years.

Reaction Score
I've never seen anything that suggests Des looks down on the program he covers. The remaining games will decide what happens with the coaching change/ non-change but the schedule next year if we start out poorly at home-very likely will make the AD/Pres have to consider what the impact of three losing seasons in a row will do to this program. They would have to deal with another season of a fan base that has lost faith in the direction we are headed. It would be the main theme of next years entire season.

Reaction Score
I've never seen anything that suggests Des looks down on the program he covers. The remaining games will decide what happens with the coaching change/ non-change but the schedule next year if we start out poorly at home-very likely will make the AD/Pres have to consider what the impact of three losing seasons in a row will do to this program. They would have to deal with another season of a fan base that has lost faith in the direction we are headed. It would be the main theme of next years entire season.
I think this is a pretty good summary of where things stand. In my estimation, at the end of the season Manuel will take stock of where he thinks the program is and where its heading. At that point, he'll make a decision...If he has concluded that it is irretrievably broken, we'll see a change. Remember, Pasqualoni wasn't his hire. He wasn't Herbst's hire either. So they have no real ties to him. If UConn goes 4-8 or something, I can't imagine they will keep Pasqualoni beyond the season. If he bounces back and goes 6-6 or even 7-5 there is no question in my mind he'll be back. At 5-7 again, i just don't know.

Reaction Score
Even if the AD doesn't read the boneyard, the athletic department should be using a number of tools to determine overall interest and the specific topics being discussed on the internet as pertains to UConn sports. This should be reported daily to his office. I do not know if he has this done. But he should.

Reaction Score
5-7 may win PP another year with the comments from WM we read this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom