Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I left my theory in the chat room yesterday just so it could never be brought back to haunt me.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think there's been this misnomer over the years that UConn doesn't promise anything to recruits. We may not tell a recruit that you are going to start, but we've definitely told guys that they would play right away. Case in point, when Khalid committed, "They need a lead guard, and I felt, and Coach [Jim] Calhoun felt, I can come in right away and do my thing,'' El-Amin said. ``And that's what I was looking for. He made me feel very comfortable with the program. . . . I'll have a chance to come in and play big minutes and show everybody I am one of the best guards in the nation.''

http://articles.courant.com/1997-04-26/sports/9704260380_1_el-amin-khalid-el-amin-uconn

If KO's pitch to Dorsey and Stone does not contain the idea that they will play right away, then we need someone to help with recruiting. Altruism and college basketball don't exactly mix.
Agreed. When the Squid is promising kids they'll be lottery picks after one year at Kentucky, can't we at least tell recruits they'll start??

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Agreed. When the Squid is promising kids they'll be lottery picks after one year at Kentucky, can't we at least tell recruits they'll start??

One of those things a coach has explicit control over and can be held accountable for. No college coach can put a gun to a GM's head, so it's technically not his fault if a kid isn't a lottery pick. The coach does dole out PT and can be held culpable if he pulls back on a previous promise.

Reaction Score
And any one of the scholarship players on the women's team would beat you. What's the point?

Not when I was in HS my friend!! Yeah at 55 a couple could, but not easy I promise. What's your point?

Reaction Score
The official twitter account for Monster headphones happens to be a Wisconsin fan. Hmmm. Nothing shady about this tweet to Diamond.

ds1_zps7d958411.png

ds2_zps768bd67d.png

Reaction Score
The official twitter account for Monster headphones happens to be a Wisconsin fan. Hmmm. Nothing shady about this tweet to Diamond.

ds1_zps7d958411.png

ds2_zps768bd67d.png

from the wisc board
look at his profile picture...Monster just identified them and tweeted to them. Nothing more.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score

ds1_zps7d958411.png

ds2_zps768bd67d.png

It's either a Wisconsin fan who tweeted from the wrong account, someone who knows Stone is from Wisconsin and UW is a favorite.

Reaction Score
Hmmn, I sense a charity event....

I can't bring back that kid from 35-40 years ago so it will have to due as is. So only if it's KML (similar builds, height advantage I will need), no Stewie or Moriah lol. This should stir the pot huh?:oops:

Reaction Score
Mau you wouldn't stand a chance. I'm in for a hundy to charity if this can be worked out. We'll even give you the advantage of using a regulation ball.

Reaction Score
Mau you wouldn't stand a chance. I'm in for a hundy to charity if this can be worked out. We'll even give you the advantage of using a regulation ball.

Nah you're right she can take me way too far out. We'd be matching 20 footers but she could drive it on me and I wouldn't want to go on her for the sake of having my achilles scroll up by my knee. I give.........would have whipped her in HS/college days though ;)

I concede at 55, no shot! Love charities but being in a leg cast for 6-8 months after getting whipped by a young lady would probably piss my boss off - not sure which one would be worst the cast or who beat me down?

Reaction Score
Nah you're right she can take me way too far out. We'd be matching 20 footers but she could drive it on me and I wouldn't want to go on her for the sake of having my achilles scroll up by my knee. I give....would have whipped her in HS/college days though ;)

I concede at 55, no shot! Love charities but being in a leg cast for 6-8 months after getting whipped by a young lady would probably piss my boss off - not sure which one would be worst the cast or who beat me down?
There is no shame in losing to KML. Heck we could use her 3 pt shooting on the men's team. And I think I'd prefer Moriah to SCjr to back up the point

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Nah you're right she can take me way too far out. We'd be matching 20 footers but she could drive it on me and I wouldn't want to go on her for the sake of having my achilles scroll up by my knee. I give....would have whipped her in HS/college days though ;)

Mau,
You just saved yourself from being the new Bobby Riggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom