Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 60 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
His team looks like a bunch of fifth graders. That clip reminded me of like every bad basketball movie when the opposing team (and sometimes your own team) dribbles the ball off their faces or pathetically throws up airball after airball just so the star player can finish.
That clip is like Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know guaranteeing playing time is not our way, but I hope Diamond Stone saw last night that he can have as much as he wants here.

Reaction Score
Anything new on him? I feel like it's been about a month since we've heard anything.

It doesn't seem like anything has really happened with recruiting in general since early November. I bet we won't hear much with Stone 'til after his HS season is over.

Reaction Score
You never know in recruiting that's for sure. But the dried up info and the late Duke run seem to have us on the outside looking in. If he wanted to be a Husky it would have been done. Maybe he's just making sure Okafor is gone, who knows but this just can't be good!

Reaction Score
I think Hamilton may have started a trend for elite players. These guys can wait for as long as they want. Coaches will make room for the top players. Also, if he could make 1M+ by playing overseas, it has to be considered. His parents can go with him. It would be a great experience.

Reaction Score
Having Jeter won't stop Stone from going to Puke. If we could play Amida and Diamond together they could to the same.

Reaction Score
Believe me, when there is news about Stone's decision it will be all over the place. One way or the other.
Meanwhile, this thread goes on and on w/o significant info.

Reaction Score
You never know in recruiting that's for sure. But the dried up info and the late Duke run seem to have us on the outside looking in. If he wanted to be a Husky it would have been done. Maybe he's just making sure Okafor is gone, who knows but this just can't be good!

I also think a huge factor in all that goes on with UConn is player uncertainty that Ollie will be there. I didn't say UConn uncertainty, but the players themselves are not convinced.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
I also think a huge factor in all that goes on with UConn is player uncertainty that Ollie will be there. I didn't say UConn uncertainty, but the players themselves are not convinced.

I don't see that at all. It seems pretty clear that once KO's contract was done he stopped saying anything at all that would be indicative of a guy that interested in other jobs. He signed the deal and ever since he's been all about UConn, CT charities and his love of the state and fans. If you think kids are uncertain he'll be here it is only because of posts like this. KO isn't going anywhere and he doesn't want to. He can't be any more clear about it.

Reaction Score
I don't see that at all. It seems pretty clear that once KO's contract was done he stopped saying anything at all that would be indicative of a guy that interested in other jobs. He signed the deal and ever since he's been all about UConn, CT charities and his love of the state and fans. If you think kids are uncertain he'll be here it is only because of posts like this. KO isn't going anywhere and he doesn't want to. He can't be any more clear about it.

No, he has been asked that question recently, and he's hedged each time. He simply doesn't say he's at UConn for the next several years.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
No, he has been asked that question recently, and he's hedged each time. He simply doesn't say he's at UConn for the next several years.
I agree - I can't see him staying at UConn for an extended period of time. Especially if we don't get into a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
I agree - I can't see him staying at UConn for an extended period of time. Especially if we don't get into a P5 conference.

Huh? I was talking about perception. I think he's here for a while. I'm talking about what's going on in player's minds. I don't think Ollie is going to leave the program in any sort of danger. He's going to reestablish it.

But, in interviews, he is never unequivocal, so he can be recruited against on this issue.

There's a plus side to it as well. Recruits are always hearing that the NBA wants Kevin Ollie to coach. That makes an impression.

Reaction Score

I think you have your head in the sand. He's admitted he's had interest in NBA jobs, and he always talks about not "yet" wanting to leave. I think he wants to coach in the NBA eventually.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Huh? I was talking about perception. I think he's here for a while. I'm talking about what's going on in player's minds. I don't think Ollie is going to leave the program in any sort of danger. He's going to reestablish it.

But, in interviews, he is never unequivocal, so he can be recruited against on this issue.

There's a plus side to it as well. Recruits are always hearing that the NBA wants Kevin Ollie to coach. That makes an impression.
There's no doubt its used against recruits - I don't think they think of it themselves but I think other coaches bring it up and even guardians/parents who want the best for their kid bring it up. He is giving off mixed signals about his future - that leaves a sour taste sometimes.

But I for one think he's going to be in the NBA eventually.

Reaction Score
There's no doubt its used against recruits - I don't think they think of it themselves but I think other coaches bring it up and even guardians/parents who want the best for their kid bring it up. He is giving off mixed signals about his future - that leaves a sour taste sometimes.

But I for one think he's going to be in the NBA eventually.

Eventually can be a long long time.
So eventually you may be correct which I think is your point.

Eventually we will be out of this s%$t hole conference.
Eventually we will have a winning football program.:cool:

Eventually I will be 6"4 or 5 , lighting quick with off the chart hops.
It will undoubtedly be in my next lifetime, but it will happen.
Eventually;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc