Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 63 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no shame in losing to KML. Heck we could use her 3 pt shooting on the men's team. And I think I'd prefer Moriah to SCjr to back up the point
Larger ball and no 3 pt set shots which would be blocked every time. Doubtful she (or any women) would help a good men's HS team never mind a high level men's college team. Not a knock on KML just two different worlds. Chris Evert said it best when asked in her prime how would she do on the men's circuit? "I would never qualify for a tournament"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
An AAU top team, no. A space on a typical high school team, yes. Big difference in Evert not making a pro men's tournament and Stewie not making a regular high school team. They would make adjustments. You think Billy Jean could beat an old pro but couldn't beat anyone on a high school team?
They wouldn't be stars. The men's game is way above the women's. But they are better than you think.

Reaction Score
An AAU top team, no. A space on a typical high school team, yes. Big difference in Evert not making a pro men's tournament and Stewie not making a regular high school team. They would make adjustments. You think Billy Jean could beat an old pro but couldn't beat anyone on a high school team?
They wouldn't be stars. The men's game is way above the women's. But they are better than you think.

No he's right. A good HS team even from CT would give the Husky women absolute fits. I already saw Maloney play this year and their speed is ridiculous compared to the women. And they are about the same size with skill inn each spot. Would they blow them out? Not necessarily but they would beat them 9 of 10 at least. An AAU team with all star types would beat them by 30-40 wit the size they would bring to the table.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't bring back that kid from 35-40 years ago so it will have to due as is. So only if it's KML (similar builds, height advantage I will need), no Stewie or Moriah lol. This should stir the pot huh?:oops:
The biggest difference is leaping ability. In my mind I can still elevate, in reality not so much. Well that and I don't really spend as much energy on defense, and my stamina isn't what it once was, and reflexes are slower...ah crap, I gotta stop before I get more depressed.

Reaction Score

Sorry David misread as I was in a hurry to go get my driveway done. yes Stewie could make it on a "regular" HS team but that would be about it for the women. Mariah is fast enough but to small - she's a maybe although passing the ball would be a chore for her. But you are correct Stewie is a yes.

Reaction Score
This women hoops talk is just to make Diamond want to come here and take Breanna to the hoop and slam! Strategy 99

Reaction Score
what I said earlier was tongue in cheek. I didn't expect it to turn into a debate about if women can play in the men's game. I do know they can play with the men's balls

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Believe me, I don't have the delusion that our men's team would ever benefit from KLM, Stewie, DT or anyone joining them.
Just trying to keep the exaggerating on what they can't do to a reasonable level.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even fathoming the fact that a women's player can benefit the men's team is ludicrous.

Reaction Score
I hate this thread
This thread is 51 pages. If you don't have a life and have time to look through all the pages you may find something you like. Or maybe not.:)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This thread is 51 pages. If you don't have a life and have time to look through all the pages you may find something you like. Or maybe not.:)
That is Jaybo's meme. No recruit is over and done with until Jaybo hates him.

In that regard, I note that to this point Jaybo has hated only the thread, not the playa.

In other words, it's not over with us and Stone.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
what I said earlier was tongue in cheek. I didn't expect it to turn into a debate about if women can play in the men's game. I do know they can play with the men's balls
hehe

Reaction Score
Notability is questionable, but Jerry Meyer just tweeted that he changed a bunch of his crystal ball picks. There were some unwelcome updates (Dorsey to Colorado, Eubanks to Oregon, Newman to Kansas), but his pick for Stone remains UConn. So that's good news, maybe.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Since we're posting random songs now, here's my submission:
How you like them eggs? Fried or Fertalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics