Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That Henry Ellenson pick-up was huge for them.

I thought they looked pretty good against MSU.

Yeah, we've got some good young talent that look better and better each game. Duane Wilson dropped 30 the next game against Tennessee

Reaction Score

Agreed that should help sway a couple of other decisions in the near future. They play hard as expected, decent team and could get better.

Reaction Score

I live about 1o min from Ellenson. There is a reason Wisconsin did not go after him as hard as some other schools did. He plays in a very weak conference and scores a lot of points and rebounds off his own point blank misses and that will not happen in college. I would be very surprised if he lived up to the hype. I'm not just saying that as a Badger fan either. I have seen him play nearly every home game for a few years.
Would MUCH rather have Stone!

Reaction Score
I live about 1o min from Ellenson. There is a reason Wisconsin did not go after him as hard as some other schools did. He plays in a very weak conference and scores a lot of points and rebounds off his own point blank misses and that will not happen in college. I would be very surprised if he lived up to the hype. I'm not just saying that as a Badger fan either. I have seen him play nearly every home game for a few years.
Wow, it's pretty crazy that none of the professionals who have scouted Ellenson have noticed this.

Reaction Score

You need to admit there's a little Badger bias in this ? Not the part saying you'd rather have Diamond of course, but the fact you wouldn't want ellenson?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

More importantly what are you feeding those kids in Wisconsin! Two Midwest monsters

Reaction Score
There is always a great excuse when Bo Ryan doesn't land a player. (crazy parents, not smart enough for Wisconsin, the player isn't actually good so Wisconsin didn't really try to land him, other teams are doing something shady in order to gain leverage in the recruiting process) You don't make the USA basketball team by beating up on bad D2 or D4 teams in high school. Neither Diamond or Henry national rankings in their class are predicated on their performance against high school competition.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It would be nice if the "Diamond Stone commits!" celebration thread were the longest.

Agreed. Though I expect the celebration thread in response to the announcement that we've accepted the B1G's invitation to beat em all.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Is this kid even gonna announce? What happened to all the talk of committing when the signing period ends. There were all the rumors of 11/12 and then it became 11/21 and now its a month later and I feel like info on this kid and the media's idea of where he is going is going backwards.

Reaction Score
If Stone wants to shoot five 3's a game, then he should definitely go to Wisconsin.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think it's interesting that Stone is continuing to retweet Wisconsin, UConn and Maryland stuff with frequency now. Seems to be a response to people saying he's a heavy Wisconsin lean because he retweets a lot of Wisconsin stuff (he even retweeted a UConn fan's tweet to that effect).

At a minimum, he clearly wants to keep up the interest from all three schools and their fans.

The one that makes no sense to me is Maryland. Does he really see himself possibly playing for a B1G team other than Wisconsin? I have a hard time believing that.

Reaction Score
I think it's interesting that Stone is continuing to retweet Wisconsin, UConn and Maryland stuff with frequency now. Seems to be a response to people saying he's a heavy Wisconsin lean because he retweets a lot of Wisconsin stuff (he even retweeted a UConn fan's tweet to that effect).

At a minimum, he clearly wants to keep up the interest from all three schools and their fans.

The one that makes no sense to me is Maryland. Does he really see himself possibly playing for a B1G team other than Wisconsin? I have a hard time believing that.
At minimum, nothing. Can we please stop reading the tea leaves with his twitter retweets?

Reaction Score

Maryland is THE Under Armour school. Not a bad program either, but I think that is one of the major factors keeping them in the game so long.

Reaction Score
He should see UConn has no post play what so ever and realize it's his position to start right away. Boy do we need somebody who can score down low!!!

BUConn10

Reaction Score
He should see UConn has no post play what so ever and realize it's his position to start right away. Boy do we need somebody who can score down low!!!

Logic is rarely the deciding factor in recruiting.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I say this kid doesn't go anywhere that doesn't guarantee he starts Day 1.

Deep down, I hope we don't operate this way, but I really want him in Storrs. Tough call.

Reaction Score

Deep down, I hope we don't operate this way, but I really want him in Storrs. Tough call.

This is just something you made up, right?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Anyone notice Diamond Stone looks a lot like Samuel Dalambert?

Reaction Score
I say this kid doesn't go anywhere that does guarantee he starts Day 1.

Well this kid has more skills around the basket right now as a high schooler than Nolen and Brimah. We could use him now

Reaction Score
I dont think Enoch can come in and start right away. Hes young for this class and still seems to be a bit away from contributing.

Stone can play alongside Brimah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog