Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Someone other than Cole needs to be able to make a shot. He was killing them, and Creighton started to double him to get the ball out of his hands, and that was that. The offense completely stopped, and Creighton was able to regain control. I'm sure I'm not alone in my amazement at the lack of shot making on this team. Staggering really.
This is true. Cole got hot and McDermott shut him down and said let someone else step up. Nobody did. Meanwhile, Sanogo gets schooled by Kalk, McDermott keeps going there until Hurley adjusts. And Hurley does nothing. It was painful to watch.

Honestly guys, we have done a lot with so many limitations. We have tons of talent and athletic ability but so many holes. We have never been a dominant team this year and should be happy we are going into the BET with a first round bye. Anything can happen in NY but we are certainly not going to walk in there and dominate. Not this year, anyway. But we are still good enough to win it.

Orc

Reaction Score
We are behind a Creighton team that lost 80% of their minutes while we returned 80% of ours. There is no excuse for that.
Hope we dont see them in the tourney. Horrible match up for us. They will win99% of the time

Reaction Score
Meh pretty hard to not be hyperbolic when we regularly underachieve.
Lol what is wrong with people. We win at home on Saturday and we’re 22-8 and a high 5 seed going into the BET, a year after losing a lottery pick and only gaining Hawkins who doesn’t play that much. Our best player was the 500th ranked kid out of HS.

Hurley has his flaws but underachieving? It’s like you don’t watch any college basketball and expect perfection from UConn every game .

Reaction Score
I’m not against it. I just think in hindsight it’ll look a little silly. As it always does. This place loses its minds after losses. But it’s the passion. If only you all could see me during the game. I need to kneel at an alter and repent after the language I use haha

Reaction Score
Whaley and Jackson together and McDermott just packed it in forced them to shoot threes. Took away offensive rebounding and Sanogo. He then took away Coles mid range. On O they they seen a sanogo leave for blocks and let K get easy dunks. They realized they had something and every times he hedges K sprinted to the hoop for an easy dunk. We didn’t rotate fast enough. They were clearing out for this to prevent the rotation.

Hurley never adjusted the last 5 minutes to go with Cole finding the wrong time to go cold.

Also when tied at 50 we put back in our starters with Jax and Whaley and turnover and bad O turned the game back to them.

Reaction Score
Greg McDermott is one hell of a basketball coach. Flawless game plan.

Honestly not exactly that hard to scout. We all know this..take away Cole and Sanogo (or get him in foul trouble) and hawk Polley behind the line. Martin is the guy that will beat you. Anyone else and you’re doing well.

Reaction Score
Having Hawkins as another option to shoot outside would've made a difference, particularly with Martin sitting so much in foul trouble. Hopefully he clears concussion protocol.

Reaction Score
I’ll preface this by saying I came into this game expecting a win. BUT…..every pundit and 75% of this board expected this game to be tough. We’re fine. We are exactly who we’ve been all season. We lost to a tourney team on the road. Let’s rest up, heal up and get to the BE championship game.

Reaction Score
Bad game by almost everyone on UConn and we still only lost by 2 on the road. I cannot believe Danny could not find 3 more points Via subbing, play calling, D change ups, something. DH has to be worth 3 points. AJ 0 for 6 and you have him out their on offense in the last minute? Very frustrating.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has been getting lost on switches all season. Some games we can get away with it, others, we can't.

If a competent opposing coaching staff notices this, we're in trouble come tourney time
Wasn’t the switch. It was the high hedge and their big was tall enough to just dunk. Maybe we get a weak side block of it was a smaller player but he just dunked unlike our center who never dunks.

Reaction Score
Lol what is wrong with people. We win at home on Saturday and we’re 22-8 and a high 5 seed going into the BET, a year after losing a lottery pick and only gaining Hawkins who doesn’t play that much. Our best player was the 500th ranked kid out of HS.

Hurley has his flaws but underachieving? It’s like you don’t watch any college basketball and expect perfection from UConn every game .

You didn't expect to win tonight? Pretty sad that we still haven't beaten Creighton because he's out-coached every time.

Reaction Score
Hope we dont see them in the tourney. Horrible match up for us. They will win99% of the time
They are not a bad match up. We needed a lineup up Cole/Hawk/Polley/Martin/Sanogo out there because all they wanted to do was crowd the paint. Hawk got injured and then they just packed the paint and let Jackson chuck up the ugliest looking shots all night long.

Reaction Score
it was ruff, the sixers didn’t exactly show out
over the knicks either

MSG all day

Reaction Score

We should not be O-5 against Creighton.

Reaction Score
You didn't expect to win tonight? Pretty sad that we still haven't beaten Creighton because he's out-coached every time.
Honestly given the streak we have been on we were due for an L and that’s the opinion I had going in too. Of course I’m disappointed with any loss but this was anyone’s game and a tough team playing for their lives at home was a tad better than us. It happens and it’s not a huge deal considering the totality of our season.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is going to be favored over Creighton Saturday. If we beat DePaul like we should we'll be the 3 seed still
DePaul looking quite respectable these days. Beating Marquette.

Reaction Score
After 5 straight wins, it took a 2 point loss on the road(with injuries and foul trouble)to a team that has as many conference wins as us and has traditionally given us trouble for people to revert back to Hurley is a bum and we stink out loud. So predictable too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom