Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1st half killed us. Hurley's got to fix our lack of offensive firepower to open up games.

Whaley and Martin are slow to get started and AJ well he's just not offensively ready unless you put him at point guard.

we can't overcome slow starts every game

Reaction Score
Welp y'all wanted to play Providence, now we'll have the opportunity if the seeds hold out. However, Providence tougher then Uconn. Hate me all you want but I've seen enough.
Very large assumption we make it past Marquette

Reaction Score
Sanogo has been getting lost on switches all season. Some games we can get away with it, others, we can't.

If a competent opposing coaching staff notices this, we're in trouble come tourney time

Reaction Score
Nary an adjustment as Sanogo kept getting beat. Maybe stop the hedging so he doesn’t get beat to hoop. Maybe try Whaley on him. Play a damn zone, they were not hitting triples in the second half. Disappointing to say the least.
The hard hedge will be the death of us. Hurley is just too damn stubborn or he doesn't have much in his bag.

Reaction Score
Creighton is definitely in their heads. No reason to have lost either game, but when you fail to execute and make losing plays, losing happens.

They are becoming my least favorite just for the simple fact we haven’t beaten them. Not winning without their starting PG either isn’t the best feeling.

Oh well, we’ve seen that type of performance performance plenty this year, hopefully it’s the last

Reaction Score
Nary an adjustment as Sanogo kept getting beat. Maybe stop the hedging so he doesn’t get beat to hoop. Maybe try Whaley on him. Play a damn zone, they were not hitting triples in the second half. Disappointing to say the least.
Yeah it really is as simple as playing zone until someone else beats you IMO. Nobody else had it going for them in the second half. Kind of embarrassing as a coach to get burned that way that many times in a row in the clutch while you sit on your hands. Learning experience

Reaction Score
1st half killed us. Hurley's got to fix our lack of offensive firepower to open up games.

Whaley and Martin are slow to get started and AJ well he's just not offensively ready unless you put him at point guard.
I love the Wrench and this is in no way a reflection of his effort or ability...but I think he'd be more effective as 6th man. Start Hawkins if he's healthy. Then we have 3 shooters on the floor at tip

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Well, if Sanogo drained 2 or 3 of those 10 missed bunnies, we're likely not having this conversation.

10 misses, 9 of them up close, and the 10th a perplexing mid range jump shot he just cannot take ever

Reaction Score
One Mort thing.

I have heard it said that the most difficult thing is to beat another Big East team 3 times in a season.

Bring on the Creighton Barrels in the BET.
We are 0-5 against them and they beat us three times last season, get a clue

Reaction Score
Why is AJax taking 6 3s… Hurley needs to sit him down and tell him to stop shooting 3s. It’s a horrible % shot and leads to breaks the other way off long rebounds.

He’s shooting 4/25 on 3s (16%) in his last 12 games. He needs to just stop shooting the ball. It’s an auto turnover.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tough two possession stretch for Jackson when it was tied/maybe down 1 and literally threw the ball straight to the defender then throws up an out of control shot on an unnecessary drive. Creighton back up 5. That was brutal.

Reaction Score
The lack of adjustment for these glaringly obvious stuff is extremely concerning to me. It's my sole issue with Hurley and our prospects for future success. Any team with lessor talent but better coaching can own us.
This was as bad or worse than anything I've seen this year. It wasn't even creative offense or looks. They just kept goading Sanogo into the switch or hedge and then Kalk would slip to the basket. There was zero adjustment to it all second half.

Reaction Score
Someone other than Cole needs to be able to make a shot. He was killing them, and Creighton started to double him to get the ball out of his hands, and that was that. The offense completely stopped, and Creighton was able to regain control. I'm sure I'm not alone in my amazement at the lack of shot making on this team. Staggering really.

Reaction Score
4th place is a disappointment. We went backwards from last year.
Seton Hall is going to be favored over Creighton Saturday. If we beat DePaul like we should we'll be the 3 seed still

Reaction Score
This was as bad or worse than anything I've seen this year. It wasn't even creative offense or looks. They just kept goading Sanogo into the switch or hedge and then Kalk would slip to the basket. There was zero adjustment to it all second half.
They were the same exact shots we always take.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom