Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Needing to put faith into Seton Hall to beat Creighton just for us to regain the 3 seed is still a disappointment of a season. We need to win the BET now to get a 4 seed
I disagree on our seeding, but regardless that's not what you said. This season will be judged by the NCAA tournament. If we make a run to the sweet 16 nobody is gonna care if we finished 3rd or 4th in the Big East

Reaction Score
AJ's offense or lack of is a killer ( besides Sanogo's forces when he's double and triple teamed) and I think McDermott knows it. The kid should never take over 5 shots a game unless they're wide open lay-ups. 0-6 on 3's ( yeah he thought 6 heaves was a good idea, SMH !) ...Allowing him any shot he wants and 9 FGA's (made 2) was probably by design. Last time AJ took over 6 shots was a loss too. When he hoisted up 11 (he made 2 that night too) vs. you guessed it Creighton.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo had 13, 14, and 5. I wouldnt exactly say he got “outplayed”. The only stat kalk had over Sanogo was points. And after Sanogo finger injury he missed 6-7 bunnies
I don't care what the numbers say. The eye test says he did not play well.

Reaction Score
1646279661489.gif

MSG

Reaction Score
Half of the boneyard does. The language used here after losses is hilarious
Meh pretty hard to not be hyperbolic when we regularly underachieve.

Reaction Score
People: If we beat DePaul we get the 3-seed.

But if Seton Hall beats Creighton, Creighton is 6 and plays us Thursday.

Edit: My bad. If both UConn and Creighton win, they get the 3-seed. Quite frankly I'd rather play Marquette on Thursday than Creighton.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
4th place is a disappointment. We went backwards from last year.
Eh. I don’t think this is a good take.
The Big East is better this year. We’re better this year. We should go farther this year.
We have a shot to be a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAAs this year. We were a 7 seed last year lol.

Reaction Score
Yeah it really is as simple as playing zone until someone else beats you IMO. Nobody else had it going for them in the second half. Kind of embarrassing as a coach to get burned that way that many times in a row in the clutch while you sit on your hands. Learning experience
Creighton was shooting like 50 something percent at three in the first half. Zone not as simple solution. Sanogo just had an off night

Reaction Score
Sanogo had 13, 14, and 5. I wouldnt exactly say he got “outplayed”. The only stat kalk had over Sanogo was points. And after Sanogo finger injury he missed 6-7 bunnies
He was 6-16 or whatever from the floor, the last one being meaningless, and 9 of the 10 misses being within 6 feet.

His mark was like 10-13 from the floor. Just totally abused on both ends.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
5-0 is enough of a sample to say Hurley can’t figure out McDermott. Plus they have a ton of this team back next year…

I don’t get it. Creighton doesn’t hedge,hounds Cole, and packs the lane , and yet for a good portion of the game we insisted on force feeding a packed lane. I also don’t know why Whaley didn’t take 10 threes today. He took a few but they weren’t the right ones. The right ones were early in offense where they played 10 feet off him while he is standing with the ball waiting 10 seconds for Cole to shake a face guarder for a handoff

You have to make them pay for the sag and we certainly need to make them pay for the cole overplay the last 10 minutes. When 2 guys are hounding like that 2 guys are open but yet we insisted on taking 10-15 seconds to accomplish a handoff to Cole. Now I understand the ball needs to be in his hands, but so does McD. Have to throw a wrinkle or two in both cases to keep them honest. Sometimes we run stuff like we are doing a homework assignment rather than flowing attack of what D is giving.

All in all after a terrible start, we showed fight. That’s a plus. The AJ turnover after we cut it to 1 had all the momentum and the ball was a killer. They ran it right back to 5 . Not a great game from him. Even though we tied it again later in the 1/2 it didn’t feel like we were getting over the hump like the chance we had in the earlier stretch.

Tough game. Played with some guts. Got banged up. Hope hawk is ok. Gotta take the L and make sure to grab Saturday and hope hall takes creighton.

Reaction Score
I don't care what the numbers say. The eye test says he did not play well.
Offensively. He rebounded and defended in the post really well. He was put in a position defensively where his athleticism didn’t allow him to succeed.

Reaction Score
I disagree on our seeding, but regardless that's not what you said. This season will be judged by the NCAA tournament. If we make a run to the sweet 16 nobody is gonna care if we finished 3rd or 4th in the Big East
I agree with you on that, but still, I expected this team to have cemented themselves as the 2nd best team behind Nova this year. They didn't do that, so I'm disappointed

Reaction Score
It's kind of like the opposite from that game last year where Hurley found us an L by taking Sanogo out when he was absolutely dominating. McDermott found the unlikely matchup that was working for them and attacked it in unpredictable ways.

Just outcoached because Sanogo played hard.
Unpredictable for the first 4 points of the second half. Very predictable for the next 16.

Reaction Score
Just got abused by a team worse than Marquette. Should be incredibly worried
Marquette was getting drubbed by DePaul and we beat Marquette twice.

Reaction Score
Tough loss, but we move. Creighton is just a bad matchup for us. Ill just look at it as us doing the conference a solid to ensure we get at least 6 in the tournament.

Reaction Score
He was 6-16 or whatever from the floor, the last one being meaningless, and 9 of the 10 misses being within 6 feet.

His mark was like 10-13 from the floor. Just totally abused on both ends.
I’m choosing to believe the finger injury had a significant part of that. He didn’t have a bad game IMO. But that is just my opinion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom