Creighton forum talking UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Creighton forum talking UConn

Reaction Score
We may get angry about losses, but I think we've been pretty complimentary of the way Creighton has out game-planned and out executed UConn for the last few match-ups. Problem is we tend to get cocky a little more quickly than some fan bases. Winning championships has nothing to do with the team you have now. No matter what sport.

Don't agree. History matters. It weighs on teams. Teams are more than the current players or even management. They are entities.

Look how hard it was for the Red Sox to break the curse and how the championships have flowed ever since.

Reaction Score
Funny, wife is from Manhattan, the real Manhattan, not that one in Kansas, we were living in Manhattan and we moved to KC for 5 years and her feeling is Midwest nice is BS, everyone knows each other because nobody ever moves away - it's like people go college and back home and remake high school they are all just a little bit older, plus she found the people the superficial - the type of folks that are nice to your face and not nice when you're not there. She thought what a bunch of unemotional drones. She wanted to leave after 6 months.

I don't care about nice, I'd rather have kind people every single time - NYC/Boston/Philly - not nice, but kind as all get out, but I'm from the northeast so I'm used to it that sensibility. I do kind of agree with her on some of her feelings about the midwest, but there are good and bad folks everywhere.
Hasn't been my experience at all. I noticed the difference right away in Chicago as opposed to NYC, Boston, Fairfield County. It was much easier talking to women at bars, easier making friends, people holding doors for each other, giving up their seat right away for someone who could maybe use it more, people waiting their turn...

I've noticed it throughout the Midwest people are just generally friendlier, more approachable, very little ego, don't care much about keeping up with the Joneses, gossip, talking badly about others...

Reaction Score
People are people. Everyone has a story. Met my second wife (from Iowa) in Denver.. I'm a Ct native.. Ratio of women to men between ages of 25-40 was 7-to-1 when we met in Denver. Her family was from a town of 100 people in Iowa. Good people,.. When he learned I was from "back East".. He wasn't happy.. Once we met and had a few glasses of "dark" scotch .. We were cool and friends .. Not that complicated

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
People in the North East are such generally high strung, agitated, and disagreeable but mean well. The South and MidWest folk just shake their heads and ask why the anger?
1670893292438.png

irony is dead

Reaction Score
I actually got into a back and forth on YT with a Purdue fan and terms like "Uconn hasnt beat anyone" and "Uconn is fools gold and will be out in the 2nd round" were thrown around. It was rather hilarious. I brought up Alabama, PK and then Nebraska. Havent heard back:D

Reaction Score
I visit the Creighton forum, Bluejay Underground, quite a bit. They've got enthusiastic and knowledgeable fans and they're very objective when commenting on other teams.
They've been paying attention to the Huskies and have been quite impressed and very respectful.

Not one person who has watched UConn has not been quite impressed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hasn't been my experience at all. I noticed the difference right away in Chicago as opposed to NYC, Boston, Fairfield County. It was much easier talking to women at bars, easier making friends, people holding doors for each other, giving up their seat right away for someone who could maybe use it more, people waiting their turn...

I've noticed it throughout the Midwest people are just generally friendlier, more approachable, very little ego, don't care much about keeping up with the Joneses, gossip, talking badly about others...
Agreed. The South and Midwest are cleaner, the people are much friendlier and polite. They also don’t mock and insult other people like people in the NE do

Reaction Score
Thank you for adding ammunition to my quest to have Pittsburgh considered Northeast instead of Midwest. We have a great mocking and insulting game here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Misses the point. It's not about the commonwealth in toto. It's about Pittsburgh. Everyone considers Philly as northeast, but consensus on Pittsburgh is very mixed.

Reaction Score
Misses the point. It's not about the commonwealth in toto. It's about Pittsburgh. Everyone considers Philly as northeast, but consensus on Pittsburgh is very mixed.
No it makes your point. Of all the respondents survive from the states down Pennsylvania has one of the lowest % of those that consider it Midwest. The the survey results show the results aren't mixed. There's more of a consensus that Pennsylvania is not consider Midwest.

(Never mind, I follow you now. Anyone, I randomly read that article yesterday and felt it added to you cause.)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was disappointed in our boards NEED to be #1 most recently as well as the question of “what will be the next close game” thread. That’s complete arrogance rather than just letting the year happen as it may. Love confidence in our team but the assumption we’re going to kick everyones ass is not a good thing.

Again, these guys are really good but there’s others too. Let’s watch it play out!!!
I look at the schedule and I'm sure we can win every game this season. But as each game approaches, I worry we might lose this one. Except LIU I didn't worry about LIU.
During the game, I worry until we're leading by twice as many points as there are minutes left in the game. And when it's over, I look at the remaining schedule, and thing yeah, we should win all f these.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"Ooh, look at me, I'm UConnSwag11 and I know all about what people from different places are like!"

You're such an idiot!
As I write this, you've got 4 total reactions and each is different. I'd love to see all 7 reactions, and only one of each. I figured I could click on the sad emoji to help the cause, but then it popped up that it meant "Dislike." Say what? If that's the case, then what does the thumbs down mean?

So now I'm gonna gamble by clicking that I "love" the post, and hope that 2 people who don't like it (or want to play along) will post the sad-faced "dislike" and the angry-faced "disapproval." If that happens, then I really will Love the post, because it got one each of all 7 possibilities...so long as nobody else messes things up by adding an 8th reaction.

Reaction Score
As I write this, you've got 4 total reactions and each is different. I'd love to see all 7 reactions, and only one of each. I figured I could click on the sad emoji to help the cause, but then it popped up that it meant "Dislike." Say what? If that's the case, then what does the thumbs down mean?

So now I'm gonna gamble by clicking that I "love" the post, and hope that 2 people who don't like it (or want to play along) will post the sad-faced "dislike" and the angry-faced "disapproval." If that happens, then I really will Love the post, because it got one each of all 7 possibilities...so long as nobody else messes things up by adding an 8th reaction.
Just for you Hans

Reaction Score
Agreed. The South and Midwest are cleaner, the people are much friendlier and polite. They also don’t mock and insult other people like people in the NE do
Not sure I agree with this anymore. I have lived in Atlanta for almost 25 years after moving from Connecticut. I find people in Atlanta even in the suburbs some of the rudest people I ever met. People here are very selfish and only care about themselves. Maybe in some rural area they are nice but then they are most bigoted person you could meet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom