Creighton forum talking UConn | The Boneyard

Creighton forum talking UConn

Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
bluejayfan00 writes;

"UCONN is scary good. Not only do they have the right to say they're the best in the Big East, they have a legit argument as being the best team in the country- as much as I hate to admit it."

"As much as I can't stand Hurley or they're fan base, they're super fun to watch. From watching them a few times and Texas a few times, UCONN is better. They play SUPER hard, they're really connected defensively, and they finally can shoot from 3. They play the style of ball on both ends that I'm envious of."

Very positive and astute statement.
Our fanbase has some negative perceptions out there. I wonder why. And then I remember what this place is like after a loss and ......

Reaction Score
bluejayfan00 writes;

"UCONN is scary good. Not only do they have the right to say they're the best in the Big East, they have a legit argument as being the best team in the country- as much as I hate to admit it."

"As much as I can't stand Hurley or they're fan base, they're super fun to watch. From watching them a few times and Texas a few times, UCONN is better. They play SUPER hard, they're really connected defensively, and they finally can shoot from 3. They play the style of ball on both ends that I'm envious of."

Very positive and astute statement.
Our fanbase has some negative perceptions out there. I wonder why. And then I remember what this place is like after a loss and ......
People in the Midwest are sensitive and don’t love those of us on the coasts

Reaction Score
i really, really enjoy reading the other BE teams' message boards when uconn is playing like this. there has been some extensive uconn talk on the providence board as well, although there is a lot more "why did we ever let this team back in the big east? type stuff over there:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
People hate our fans because we have quite a few fans that act like moronic trolls on other boards. Our average fan is actually very pleasant.
They troll out forums and encounter our fans at games as well, observe some of the worse behaviors and generalize a negative opinion to the entire fan base. We do it as well.

Reaction Score
on a side note, can a boneyard mod pin a thread listing the other BE message boards? i have noticed that both providence and creighton do this, and it's really convenient for gloating.
If you notice neither Creighton or PC includes UConn

Reaction Score
They have that one real trolly kid on twitter who was coming at us all summer, making all kinds of videos….anyone hear what he’s had to say?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They have that one real trolly kid on twitter who was coming at us all summer, making all kinds of videos….anyone hear what he’s had to say?
Wouldn’t mind seeing a clip of that Kalkbrenner interview on the big board Jan 7

Reaction Score
Of the fans I met at the Big East tournament earlier this year, the Creighton fans were the nicest by far.
Midwest nice is real, it was actually pretty jarring moving out here from the East Coast. People are generally just really pleasant to each other and it's fairly easy to strike up conversation and make new friends.

Reaction Score
What made the old Big East so good was the level of competition, and the quality of coaches. The NBE has really good coaches nearly top to bottom -- McDermott, Hurley, Smart, etc. The teams at the top will help improve recruiting throughout the conference. When Jim Calhoun took over at UConn, he used to sell recruits on the idea of playing against players such as Patrick Ewing. One thing I saw a lot of on the Creighton forum was its interest in how well the conference was doing against outside competition. Earned my respect for sure.

Reaction Score
All-time Creighton great Paul Silas just died. He was a winner. Left the Celtics when they wouldn't pay him. Red didn't make too many mistakes, but that was one.
Met Paul Silas several times in my hometown of Ridgefield when he was assistant coach with the Knicks. He lived in neighboring South Salem, New York. He was a very cordial gentleman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom