Creighton forum talking UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Creighton forum talking UConn

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Probably not dissimilar to my brother in law's reaction the first time I expressed my thoughts on ice fishing.
So I like fishing ( in comfort on the sound in my dads boat, when I sleep down below until I hear the catching blues or stripers from my brother and I wake up) so even though I grew up in Minnesota during summers I didn’t get ice fishing. A few years ago I visited a cousin in Minnesota on way home from business trip and he made me go out. He had something akin to a cabin ( that we drove up to ) on the ice in the middle of lake. They lit a bonfire on the ice in a covered shelter with two beds with a stocked bar, and the ice fishing holes were next to each bed. I caught a huge and I mean Huge northern pike sitting on that make shift bed. My opinion on ice fishing changed

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn’t know you were Portuguese. The rest kind of fits.

I grew up in an Italian/Sicilian, Portuguese, and African American neighborhood. The fights happened every day it seemed. A Portuguese club was bombed with a Molotov cocktail, but the soccer games continued, with brawls of course. I shake my head still, thinking about the stupidity.

Reaction Score
Only sold in Wisconsin. When we work out there my boss stops at every package store he finds and buys them out of spotted cow and totally naked

One place remembered him from the year before and asked arent you the guy that bought all my spotted cow last year

@August_West how many supper clubs have you eaten at in the Midwest?
I hope he stops at the Mars Cheese Castle too.

Reaction Score
""why did we ever let this team back in the big east?" type stuff over there:

Response:

We planned it all along to be your worst nightmare. 10 DEEP Hungry huskies with hockey style team rotations of bigs, 3 pt shooters and defensive ballhawks. All the better to run you out of the building and make you dread even being on the floor with us.
Typical of people with nothing of import going on in their lives so they live vicariously through something like a basketball team.
Have to admit there is some of that here as well.
A confident smile and nod says way more and disarms them as they try to discern what you just did.

Reaction Score
These “they are so nice” comments kind if make me chuckle. Walked into the home of some distant relative in KC (johnson county) and the first thing said to my wife was “my you’re dark” - i started looking for the white robes behind the doors after that.

Quite the welcome wagon - they were perfectly nice outside of that.

BUT there are nice people and arses everywhere.

Reaction Score
Did we lock and then unlock this thread???

In two years there will be as many pages here as there are on the Cuse board about us, but 90% of the posts won't study be about Creighton!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
These “they are so nice” comments kind if make me chuckle. Walked into the home of some distant relative in KC (johnson county) and the first thing said to my wife was “my you’re dark” - i started looking for the white robes behind the doors after that.

Quite the welcome wagon - they were perfectly nice outside of that.

BUT there are nice people and arses everywhere.
One per each among the nice people.

One per each among the not so nice, too, as it turns out.

!

Reaction Score
"Ooh, look at me, I'm UConnSwag11 and I know all about what people from different places are like!"

You're such an idiot!
So tell us how he's different than the many people here who routinely and repeatedly comment about how everyone in the South is a toothless rube or everyone in the Midwest is a back stabbing phony?

Reaction Score
So tell us how he's different than the many people here who routinely and repeatedly comment about how everyone in the South is a toothless rube or everyone in the Midwest is a back stabbing phony?
Read the posts after the one to which you replied. All will be revealed.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
why u hatin on
4_space_ghost.jpg

he's coast to coast, or so i've been told. him and Brak are always getting into all kinds of hijinx, tho they always get out. amazing, actually.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This multi-page geography discussion only proves Creighton is not the buzz generating rival some would have them be.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio are the midwest states. I would potentially put Western PA in that category.
Montana is Canada as far as I'm concerned.
Wyoming and Colorado are the Rockies.
Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and most of the Dakotas are the Plains. The Fargo area I would consider the Midwest.
Missouri is meth country.
West Virginia is applachia, coal, and crack heads.
Kentucky is caves, coal, and crack heads.

Reaction Score
The generalization of people from different regions being real nice, fake nice, kind, fake kind, tell it like it is, etc. has always been dumb.

For my money the two most obnoxious fanbases are ours and Syracuse - not even sure who I'd put as 3.
When I first read this my thought was “us obnoxious? No way”
After reading this thread that I thought was going to about what Creighton fans were saying about then realizing that it actually had nothing to do about Creighton’s fans I changed my mind. We are obnoxious and very weird.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When I first read this my thought was “us obnoxious? No way”
After reading this thread that I thought was going to about what Creighton fans were saying about then realizing that it actually had nothing to do about Creighton’s fans I changed my mind. We are obnoxious and very weird.
This must be the first and only thread you read!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Typical of people with nothing of import going on in their lives so they live vicariously through something like a basketball team.
Have to admit there is some of that here as well.
A confident smile and nod says way more and disarms them as they try to discern what you just did.
When you write scripts for what other people are supposed to say or do according to you as you "discern their motivation" says volumes about your own ability as a playwright. That's pretty rarified air up there isn't it?

Reaction Score
Disagree. People in the south and midwest might be nicer to your face but they will talk about you the moment you turn around. It's a fake niceness. There's more BS. In the NE there's no BS. I llived in Virgnia nad have family in Georgia, SC, and Louisiana. Down there all the time.
Every place is provincial, especially small towns and cities, no matter where you go.

Here's a story told for my benefit during lunch with the corporate staff of a large healthcare organization I was interviewing with in Maine some years ago.

An old "Mainer" was talking with his new neighbor (who'd moved to town ten years ago) and asked him how he and his family liked the area.
The young man said "great and the best part is my kids fit in so well I guess they're just like natives now, right?"
The old "Mainer" said "nope".
The young man was puzzled and asked "why wouldn't they be? They were born here".
To which the old "Mainer" replied, "just 'cause your cat has kittens in the oven you don't call 'em muffins do ya"?

Reaction Score
Every place is provincial, especially small towns and cities, no matter where you go.

Here's a story told for my benefit during lunch with the corporate staff of a large healthcare organization I was interviewing with in Maine some years ago.

An old "Mainer" was talking with his new neighbor (who'd moved to town ten years ago) and asked him how he and his family liked the area.
The young man said "great and the best part is my kids fit in so well I guess they're just like natives now, right?"
The old "Mainer" said "nope".
The young man was puzzled and asked "why wouldn't they be? They were born here".
To which the old "Mainer" replied, "just 'cause your cat has kittens in the oven you don't call 'em muffins do ya"?

I don't get it.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member