Could Big XII expand to 16 in order to fend off threats? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Could Big XII expand to 16 in order to fend off threats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems to me Alabama or the SEC champ has a claim as well.

Didn't even mention the SEC...I see them as a given no matter their champ's record.

pj

Reaction Score
Didn't even mention the SEC...I see them as a given no matter their champ's record.

Then you've got one from the SEC, one from the B1G, and two from the ACC ... why do you suppose there is another spot for the B12 or Pac?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
As far as the national title hunt, here is how I see it:
Tier 1-maybe can afford a loss
Clemson
Ohio State
Iowa
Oklahoma St.

Tier 2-definitely cannot afford a loss
Alabama
Florida
Notre Dame
Michigan St.

Tier 3-need help
TCU
Baylor
Oklahoma

Tier 4-very little hope
UNC
Houston

Reaction Score
Seems to me Alabama or the SEC champ has a claim as well.

LSU losing to Arkansas really helped the XII in addition to Stanford falling, also.

The XII's best hope is a 1 loss Oklahoma team because they are Oklahoma, even with a bad loss to Texas. TCU lost their QB yesterday and barely got by winless Kansas. OK St won and could finish with a clean slate with potential big wins over Baylor and OK State; but, barely beat 3 and 7 Iowa St, have no big non conference wins (Central Michigan, Central Arkansas, and Tex-San Antonio is not murderer's row) and are not Oklahoma. I think voters take a 1 loss ND and their schedule over an unbeaten OK State team. Worst XII scenario is that Baylor beats OK St and then OK St beats Oklahoma. A 2 loss Oklahoma team and 1l loss Baylor and OK State teams are not getting into the playoffs.

If football ended today its 1) Alabama, 2) Clemson, 3) Ohio St, and 4) Oklahoma or ND. That last vote will be a dozy with someone with a lot of power within college football going to be very upset.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 did get a boost with Stanford losing this weekend...the Pac 12 will now be unable to put up a champ without two losses.

An undefeated or one loss Big 12 Champ, even without a CCG , could prevail over the Pac 12 and maybe ND.

I think that a one loss Notre Dame without a conference championship win might push out a two loss champ.

Clemson, undefeated is in...with one loss, maybe.

And the SEC will be there or there will be tires burning in the streets.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think if they expand it will be More Texas teams
Houston & SMU
Doubtful but if the AAC were to lose two teams, this is pretty much the least bad alternative, unless, of course, someone can be convinced to take Tulsa and Tulane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom