Colorado in Big XII | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Colorado in Big XII

Reaction Score
didn't they suspend an important basketball player for having consensual sex with his girlfriend? I feel like that sort of thing probably doesn't help...
Brandon Davies in 2011. Could have cost them a real shot at a national championship.

Reaction Score
I just checked and found that I have the ACC, B10, and SEC network on my Direct TV here in Arizona.

Reaction Score
Brandon Davies in 2011. Could have cost them a real shot at a national championship.
You have to respect BYU for having the strength of its convictions and enforcing its honor code without preference just because the violator was a talented jock. On the other hand, discretion is still the better part of valor. Did the athlete and his girlfriend self-report their lapse, did they get caught doing whoopie on the lawn in front of the administration building, or did one or both of them divulge details of the tryst to a trusted friend who turned out to be a snitch? Kids are kids, hormones are hormones, and there are probably more than a few wayward sinners among BYU's student body. Most, however, are smart enough to not get caught.

Reaction Score
BC is in the ACC because they are located in Boston. It’s a huge market, but BC is not committed to big time athletics. We do not move the needle amongst Boston sports fans and our fan base is small. We fit perfectly into the ACC and the ACC may very well need us in the near future. If they took Rutgers then they would not need us, but they let the B1G swoop in for some reason.

I’m not and never was really excited by the B12. It’s slightly better than the old AAC and the money is good, but those teams are so far away and we have little history with them. It appears now that ESPN will only pay for one more addition to the B12. That tells you that the collection of teams in the B12 is not very exciting to the media.

Reaction Score
BC is in the ACC because they are located in Boston. It’s a huge market, but BC is not committed to big time athletics. We do not move the needle amongst Boston sports fans and our fan base is small. We fit perfectly into the ACC and the ACC may very well need us in the near future. If they took Rutgers then they would not need us, but they let the B1G swoop in for some reason.

I’m not and never was really excited by the B12. It’s slightly better than the old AAC and the money is good, but those teams are so far away and we have little history with them. It appears now that ESPN will only pay for one more addition to the B12. That tells you that the collection of teams in the B12 is not very exciting to the media.
Still pretending to be a UConn fan.

Reaction Score

You are so wrong about the Big12 being slightly better than the AAC. Come on man, get a grip or tell us why you think that.

Reaction Score
The B12 just brought in 3 AAC schools. They have no marquee football teams. In a lot of ways it makes it a fun league because any team can win the championship. Getting Oregon & Washington would give them two marquee teams.

Reaction Score
I’m only comparing the old AAC football to the current B12 football. There is no comparison in hoops.

Reaction Score
The B12 just brought in 3 AAC schools. They have no marquee football teams. In a lot of ways it makes it a fun league because any team can win the championship. Getting Oregon & Washington would give them two marquee teams.
And because of that, the Big12 schools may balk at OR/WA because it might dampen their chances of getting into the CFP.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still pretending to be a UConn fan.
I read that like he was now pretending to be a BC fan.
BC is in the ACC because they are located in Boston. It’s a huge market, but BC is not committed to big time athletics. We do not move the needle amongst Boston sports fans and our fan base is small.
I say "pretending to be a BC fan" because BCU doesn't actually have fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom