Colorado in Big XII | The Boneyard

Colorado in Big XII

Reaction Score
IMG_4877.jpeg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Half the board was rooting for this to happen. Let's see if this is our path to salvation.

Reaction Score
I never lost hope. Then again I've been following this school for over 3 decades.

As noted earlier the reasons to leave the Big 12 are gone and so are the reasons to stay in the PAC 12. All the rest was noise from uninformed morons trying to sound important.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kinda weird for someone to post Colorado is officially leaving when people have been reporting it all day.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN it's done and they're joining for next year.
It's nice when your media contract runs out so soon and you can go right away. No waiting around for 2-3 years to move and have those awkward moments where you're that one guy that everyone ignores at parties.

Reaction Score
No mention of UConn by the national reporters.

Aaron Torres mentioned UConn, but I don't know how connected he is.

Reaction Score
I still think we’re going to get boned. We’re about to find out.
I do, too. I hope this message ages poorly. The best thing would be for Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah hesitate and wait for the numbers on the Pac 12 deal, that Kliavkoff keeps stalling on, and UConn get the invite from the Big 12 quickly and of course accept.

If it isn't meant to be, I won't like it, but I won't be heartbroken. UConn will have to continue to make lemonade when life gives it lemons and continue kicking arse in basketball and build their football and brand themselves as a novelty independent that can cultivate a following until a P5 can't resist and then offers UConn a spot. UConn's decade of futile football couldn't have come at a worse time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This was the domino that had to fall. UConn’a only chance is with Colorado or another odd number of PAC schools. There was no chance we’d get an invite otherwise. The Bay Area and northwestern PAC schools aren’t going to the Big XII. AZ schools might.

Reaction Score
Guys-
This interview is from two days ago. Around 4 minute mark on - this is Brett Yormack.

Sounds like UConn. East coast, coast to coast, national conference, brand upside, Hoops.... academic standing, alumni network.....

Reaction Score
If you believe we were not going to the B12 without Colorado (I do) then you should not expect a UConn announcement until Colorado is official. I bet we see the same reporting about us tomorrow night once Colorado officially accepts. We are not notifying the Big East until everything is done and dusted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom