chad christen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

chad christen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with you at all with regard to what we have done with our talent. But I think you are overstating our talent level. You think we have enough. I don't.

Enough for what exactly? I cannot speak for UConnFamily but in my humble opinion, considering our 2011 & 2012 opponents, I personally believe that eight wins each season should have been a reasonable goal with the talent on the roster.

Reaction Score
Enough for what exactly? I cannot speak for UConnFamily but in my humble opinion, considering our 2011 & 2012 opponents, I personally believe that eight wins each season should have been a reasonable goal with the talent on the roster.

Ok. I agree. But not because we have an 8 win offense. We have a 10 win defense and a 6 win offense. That's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
We're a 6 win offense with DeLeone coaching them... I say we have a better offense with a better coach is what I'm saying... I don't think the talent is the issue...

Reaction Score
We're a 6 win offense with DeLeone coaching them... I say we have a better offense with a better coach is what I'm saying... I don't think the talent is the issue...

I will grant you that given this defense. But if we had a normal defense and were giving up an average amount of points I don't think we have enough, principally on the line.

Reaction Score
H

Stars mean diddly more often than not - how many stars did Tyler Matakevich have?
Only Akron and Temple offered him. Something is messed up with this rating system. PP should have offered him anyway. Knowing that Terry Bowden and Adazzio might know something about football talent.

Reaction Score
He had a very bad day, I'm.sure he is kicking himself because of the misses, here's hoping for a better game next time, everyone is allowed to have a bad day, let's hope his gets better cause its not like HCPP will sit him and try someone else.

Reaction Score
This is Division 1 football. To me it is clear that when your kicker misses 4 in a row including chippy that costs you a game, you need to try someone else. Doesn't make Christen a bad guy, or anything else. Just a bad kicker. It is no different from a running back who can't hold the football or a quarterback who can't complete a pass. If they can't make the plays they are supposed to make, then you need to try to find someone who can make those plays. If Puyal is not ready, try the walk-on or try the punter. But you can't leave 12 points on the field. Its comparable to playing with 10 guys. Ciaravino lost the place kicking job to Teggart after missing at Rutgers to cost us the game. Actually it wasn't as bad. He made 12 of 4. I don't get why or how any fan or any coach would not feel it is absolutely critical that we try someone else.

Reaction Score
This is Division 1 football. To me it is clear that when your kicker misses 4 in a row including chippy that costs you a game, you need to try someone else. Doesn't make Christen a bad guy, or anything else. Just a bad kicker. It is no different from a running back who can't hold the football or a quarterback who can't complete a pass. If they can't make the plays they are supposed to make, then you need to try to find someone who can make those plays. If Puyal is not ready, try the walk-on or try the punter. But you can't leave 12 points on the field. Its comparable to playing with 10 guys. Ciaravino lost the place kicking job to Teggart after missing at Rutgers to cost us the game. Actually it wasn't as bad. He made 12 of 4. I don't get why or how any fan or any coach would not feel it is absolutely critical that we try someone else.

He missed 3 and 1 was blocked, but you right there should have been some sort of adjustments and there wasn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom