UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Let Wagner kick FG. Can't be any worse

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Yeah, tough to pin everything on one kid but this game was over if he made any of the first three kicks. The last one? His head could not have been in a good place but still. 28 yards?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He gets the blame but shares it with the O-line. No running game, defense was good but cracked when it counted.

Reaction Score
If the defense doesn't give up two 4th down conversions, kicker doesn't matter.

Reaction Score

This.

I definitely think after that dreadful performance, Puyol deserves a shot, but to pin the loss on Christian is not fair. 2 fourth down conversions. 2. Disgusting.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You mean if the defense keeps the other FBS team to less than 14 points, then the kicker doesn't matter? I'll agree with that statement. But then again, think about what that statement is saying.

We should have had 23 points on the board during regulation play. 17 would have sufficed. Four missed kicks is four missed kicks, guys. As simple as that...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This.

I definitely think after that dreadful performance, Puyol deserves a shot, but to pin the loss on Christian is not fair. 2 fourth down conversions. 2. Disgusting.

They stopped the previous two fourth down tries on the two previous drives. They didn't get the last stop which is obviously disappointing but if we had made a single one of the previous three FG attempts, it wouldn't have mattered. Defense went two for three on 4th quarter drives. Christen went 0 for 3 in regulation.

Reaction Score
Bad day for the kid, but it took a whole lot more for that loss to occur. The score should have been 28 or 35 to 14. The whole thing unraveled when P decided to punt instead of sticking the knife in during 2nd Q.

Reaction Score
Please don't blame Chad. Yes, he had a bad day But PP/GDL had a 14-0 lead after first quarter and once again took the foot off the gas on offense, making the FG attempts more crucial than they should be.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Please don't blame Chad. Yes, he had a bad day But PP/GDL had a 14-0 lead after first quarter and once again took the foot off the gas on offense, making the FG attempts more crucial than they should be.

I don't like calling out a single player, particularly a college kid, but how can you not for this particular game? The OL / K positions cost us this game. I don't see how anyone can blame play calling. Only questionable call in my opinion was the punt decision on 4th and 1 towards the end of the second half. I didn't like the call but you could understand why P would have done it. Pitt made the opposite call today going for it in the same situation and it completely backfired on them.

The fact is, our Offense isn't competent enough to guarantee us one yard when we need it and our kicker missed three field goals in regulation, any of which would have sealed the game for us.

Reaction Score
The apologists are unbelievable here. If he was a 25% kicker
we win the game. Of course if our offense could even sniff the end
Zone in the 2nd half, we win one of the most boring games I have ever
watched.

Reaction Score
Hold on!! Is it DeLeone's fault that a receiver turns one way and the quarterback throws another way. There were at least 3 huge offensive gains on passes where the right play was called but somebody on the field didn't execute correctly. I'm not an apologist because I'm just as frustrated as the next guy but before you grab for the axe just consider that everyone, EVERYONE, in that program is working extremely hard to do the right thing and that no one there is looking past UConn for their dream job. This IS the dream job and putting UConn in a position where they are considered for a national title run is more fun and more of a challenge than any coach could possibly ask for. Now just give them the time to do it.

Reaction Score
You must be one P's relatives.

Hold on!! Is it DeLeone's fault that a receiver turns one way and the quarterback throws another way. There were at least 3 huge offensive gains on passes where the right play was called but somebody on the field didn't execute correctly. I'm not an apologist because I'm just as frustrated as the next guy but before you grab for the axe just consider that everyone, EVERYONE, in that program is working extremely hard to do the right thing and that no one there is looking past UConn for their dream job. This IS the dream job and putting UConn in a position where they are considered for a national title run is more fun and more of a challenge than any coach could possibly ask for. Now just give them the time to do it.

Reaction Score

That is the most disengenious post I've seen in a while.... give me examples where the coaches took foot off gas. We must have been watching two separate games. From my seats - nothing, and I mean nothing working. There is more than enough blame to be passed around on this one - pick an aspect. Dropped passes by wide open receivers, poor pass routes, stupid penalties, loose coverage,

Reaction Score
OK medic let's start with taking a freaking knee at our 30 with 19 seconds left in the first half after a turnover and two timeouts. Can't throw the ball down the field once??? An interception is as good as a punt in that situation. Show some freakin balls like the guy other sideline did.

Want me to keep going? how many passes were thrown to tight ends after the second TD? How many times did Whitmer roll out the pocket? How much play action was run? And god forbid a reverse or a gadget play . . . . Things we working fine in the first quarter.

Like I said last week if others want to subsidize this incompetence, they are more than welcome to. Not me. I'll take one of the plentiful extra tickets that are available each week.

Reaction Score
This.

I'm just asking.....have you seen Puyol warming up before each half?

Reaction Score
OK medic let's start with taking a freaking knee at our 30 with 19 seconds left in the first half after a turnover and two timeouts. Can't throw the ball down the field once??? An interception is as good as a punt in that situation. Show some freakin balls like the guy other sideline did.

Want me to keep going? how many passes were thrown to tight ends after the second TD? How many times did Whitmer roll out the pocket? How much play action was run? And god forbid a reverse or a gadget play . . . . Things we working fine in the first quarter.

Like I said last week if others want to subsidize this incompetence, they are more than welcome to. Not me. I'll take one of the plentiful extra tickets that are available each week.

That play call cost us the game? Did you even see the coverage on Griffin in the second half? Maybe the coaches were wrong for not telling the kids to wear longer cleats - awful lot of slipping when trying to stop or cut. Wait - let's blame the groundskeeper. Season is a disaster.

It's in vogue to blame the coaches only... Nobody should get any passes - players, coaches or admnistration at this point..

Reaction Score
How in the world is the "administration" responsible for this and what's happened the last four weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom