chad christen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

chad christen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just give the kid support. Boise State supported kickers who messed up in bigger kicks than him. Notice the plural.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Just give the kid support. Boise State supported kickers who messed up in bigger kicks than him. Notice the plural.

No doubt, Butchy. He's still a young man, and I'm sure he will lose more sleep over this moment in time during his life than I will (although that's hard to imagine at this point). But in this case today, he didn't miss a nail-biter kick like the Boise kickers (except for the overtime one). He just missed a lot...

...I'm still going to root for him to get back on his feet by next week, because we are going to need him again...

Reaction Score
How in the world is the "administration" responsible for this and what's happened the last four weeks?

Not biting - nice try to circle the argument. Enough blame for all!

Reaction Score
12 points are his fault. Tell me otherwise.

Good kid - missed some kicks, including the first pressure kick of his career. I remember Dave Teggart had a rough game down a Rutgers as well. He will bounce back. 4th and 1 and we punt, all you need to know on why this game was lost....

Reaction Score
That is the most disengenious post I've seen in a while.... give me examples where the coaches took foot off gas. We must have been watching two separate games. From my seats - nothing, and I mean nothing working. There is more than enough blame to be passed around on this one - pick an aspect. Dropped passes by wide open receivers, poor pass routes, stupid penalties, loose coverage,

Medic, You just pointed out a bunch of viable areas that sucked today. And you are right: they sucked. But wait, when so many areas have off days at one time, what would any football analyst under the sun say about it? This team was not ready to play today. And who's fault is that? Even in the NFL, where the players are grown men, any analyst would lay the blame on the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Not adjusting to the other team's defensive and offensive changes is the equivalent of taking your foot off the gas.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Good kid - missed some kicks, including the first pressure kick of his career. I remember Dave Teggart had a rough game down a Rutgers as well. He will bounce back. 4th and 1 and we punt, all you need to know on why this game was lost....

There was more drama with Nuzie his first two years when he was 12-29 from 30 yards or greater but almost flawless 18-19 from less than 30.

Chad was 5-5 from 40 and under this year.

Reaction Score
The Fordham kicker just made a 45 yard kick against Cinci. Joe Morehead's offense looking pretty decent in the first quarter :)

Reaction Score
When you rely heavily on your kickers to be perfect, because you refuse to play offense, you are going to have games where you are very disappointed in your kicker.

While I realize Christen only needed to hit 1 of his first 3 to win the game, I also don't really feel like he's the reason we lost, if that makes any sense. We had no killer instinct and it killed us.

Reaction Score
Not all his fault. Team effort.

Blame the amazing Nick Williams that can't catch a ball that hits him in the hands when he has nothing but green in front of him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very true, but you can't miss 4 field goals when they all were within 45 yards. I'm sure he feels terrible though.
He feels far worse than terrible.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Cough JOE WILLIAMS Cough
I could be wrong but I thought Joe Williams' redshirt was burned long before today.

Reaction Score
Cough JOE WILLIAMS Cough
Williams has played on Specials for most of the season.

When I saw those pink knee sox on Christen, I knew he was either going to have a realy good day or a really bad one.

Reaction Score
The Fordham kicker just made a 45 yard kick against Cinci. Joe Morehead's offense looking pretty decent in the first quarter :)

Just made a 55 yarder too!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm blaming PP. The fact is, Chad is much better when the FG is straight on. He can make it from 50. Like Nuzzi, he's shaky from the hash marks. Those short attempts from the far right hash gets missed a lot. If you are playing not to lose, playing for the FG why wouldn't you try to get the ball in the middle of the field? Knowing that your kicker is much better from straight on?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Blame the amazing Nick Williams that can't catch a ball that hits him in the hands when he has nothing but green in front of him.

Ding ding. At some point people will realize he has had an awful season.

Reaction Score
Medic, You just pointed out a bunch of viable areas that sucked today. And you are right: they sucked. But wait, when so many areas have off days at one time, what would any football analyst under the sun say about it? This team was not ready to play today. And who's fault is that? Even in the NFL, where the players are grown men, any analyst would lay the blame on the coaching staff.

To be honest...absent a few standouts, this team is just plain bad. I appreciate the effort of the players, know how hard it is to be a student athlete especially now-a-days. I do not dispute that the coaches have influence on outcomes, but we can't continue to ignore the missed opportunities by the players at the same time. No different than screaming, yelling, banging our fists and poking the basketball player when the three pointer is an air ball.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This whole thread is out of line. If you want to tee off on players and get personal, go find a pro message board. The kicker had a very bad game. It happens.

I think the OP was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek (or at least I hope so) but to just ignore the K performance today would also be a disservice. I'm sure CC feels absolutely horrible about what happened today but you can't deny that he is one of the largest reasons we lost today. Others had a part in it as well (particularly the OL) but three missed kicks in regulation and another chip shot missed in OT cannot just be ignored.

Reaction Score
Screw the team effort excuse. The offense blew it plain and simple. Let's keep it real. For once. Somebody's not doing what they are supposed to be doing. OL & kicking game blew it. Now let's hopefully move on and get a win at Syracuse.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
This whole thread is out of line. If you want to tee off on players and get personal, go find a pro message board. The kicker had a very bad game. It happens.
+ 1,000,000,000,000

This may well be your best post ever!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom