chad christen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

chad christen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just give the kid support. Boise State supported kickers who messed up in bigger kicks than him. Notice the plural.

I feel you, but Boise State fans are in an OK mood their team is in the top 25 and have been winning for years!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Rumor has Teggart was at the game. Can't imagine he ever stop shaking his head.

Reaction Score
You guys dont follow sports to much do ya? Um the Boise kicker was getting death threats. How is this supporting your kicker? Hey So and so I support you but watch out for the hitman i have coming for you! Kickers miss kicks all the time, it happens. It should NEVER have to come down to a kicker. How about scoring ZERO points in the LAST 3 quarters? Yeah that could have been the problem.

Reaction Score
Being mad about this for a day or two is appropriate. Then we move on. Nothing we can say about the team or any player would be a surprise. He missed 4 FGs. But there were a number of other misses as well. Lots of mistakes, even a couple on D. And with this O, the D needs to be mistake free, which is impossible. This team in its entirety just isn't that good. I was wrong. I thought this team is more talented than it is.

Reaction Score
You guys dont follow sports to much do ya? Um the Boise kicker was getting death threats. How is this supporting your kicker? Hey So and so I support you but watch out for the hitman i have coming for you! Kickers miss kicks all the time, it happens. It should NEVER have to come down to a kicker. How about scoring ZERO points in the LAST 3 quarters? Yeah that could have been the problem.
The kicker is still alive, right?

Reaction Score
Can't even imagine how badly Chad must feel. Sincerely hope he overcomes this a comes back and helps us win some games.

Not sure I would ever want to be a place kicker even if I had the ability......

Reaction Score
Gotta give the kid credit on this:

Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault
Chad Christen gets major credit for answering questions today. He was the first guy in interview area, as a matter of fact.
Check out the Jeff Jacobs article in Christen in today's Courant. Jacobs said the same thing . Said that the kid is sick about the misses, took full responsibility, & shook the hands of each reporter before leaving the interview room. Classy kid.

Reaction Score
WOW!

I know I did not have that level of maturity when I was 21. Hat's off to this kid. I will be pulling for him the rest of the season. I hope his teammates have his back and I bet they do.

Reaction Score
The fact that the Courant is giving this amount of attention in the midst of adversity is a good sign for the program in general. Now all we need is a coach who wins tons of games and leads to a stadium expansion.

Reaction Score
The kicker is still alive, right?
yeah scumbag it would be pretty cool if he got killed huh? This board is full of miserable dorks. Im not talking about everyone. A good majority of you guys need perspective.

Reaction Score
yeah scumbag it would be pretty cool if he got killed huh? This board is full of miserable dorks. Im not talking about everyone. A good majority of you guys need perspective.
You call me a scumbag just for saying support the kid and then call everyone else miserable? Speak for yourself. I said support him, not send him death threats. Are you stupid? I guess you prefer he gets death threats. What were you saying about "perspective" (or perhaps comprehension?) Wallow about in your misery. Enjoy.

Ironically, people kill because they think they are better than others. You fit the profile. Let us know if you send the kicker any death threat.

Reaction Score
Being mad about this for a day or two is appropriate. Then we move on. Nothing we can say about the team or any player would be a surprise. He missed 4 FGs. But there were a number of other misses as well. Lots of mistakes, even a couple on D. And with this O, the D needs to be mistake free, which is impossible. This team in its entirety just isn't that good. I was wrong. I thought this team is more talented than it is.

I can't believe Paul and Deleone truly has you thinking we have no talent. I mentioned in another thread that:

Chandler Whitmer before attending Junior College was a 4* top (15) Pro Style QB coming out of high school!
Shakim Phillips was a former Army All American WR who was also a 4* and the #1 player out of (NJ)

Let's not be fooled with bad coaching! This is a coaching staff who de-promoted Foley as the O-Line coach that didn't need a change and added a Defensive Backs coach to Running Backs coach! but I got you we have no talent ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I blame the socks. If kicking is all about routine, then I have rarely seen kneehigh neon pink socks as part of one. Nobility of the cause not withstanding.

Reaction Score
H
I can't believe Paul and Deleone truly has you thinking we have no talent. I mentioned in another thread that:

Chandler Whitmer before attending Junior College was a 4* top (15) Pro Style QB coming out of high school!
Shakim Phillips was a former Army All American WR who was also a 4* and the #1 player out of (NJ)

Let's not be fooled with bad coaching! This is a coaching staff who de-promoted Foley as the O-Line coach that didn't need a change and added a Defensive Backs coach to Running Backs coach! but I got you we have no talent ;)

Stars mean diddly more often than not - how many stars did Tyler Matakevich have?

Reaction Score
Chad is indeed a standup kid and Teggart, at our tailgate after game, had his back. BTW, word is that Puyol is not yet ready for prime time. He needs the year of practice.

Waquoit is spot on. When your kicker misses three and is undoubtedly in a funk, you run a sweep in OT putting ball on steep angle? Horrible coaching move. Notice Temple centered ball for their kick. PP and GD seem to have a pattern of always thinking things will be just fine. They don't anticipate the consequences. PP said we were in great shape at end of Rutgers half--"no need to call time out". Expected CC to hit 52 yarder--from left hash--no need to get 5 more yds or center ball. Same thing yesterday. It's criminal.

With 5 min to go we have ball, but instead of keeping clock moving-- we snap with 15 secs on play clock. And instead of short middle of field passes to keep clock moving we sling it to sidelines, stopping the clock. Anyone notice our sideline pass late in 4th that had Vandy written all over it? Thank goodness it wasn't a pick 6.

That Nick Williams rant above was outrageous.That pass was off the mark. That's not an excuse-- Nick would be last guy to say it--but like the Welker miss in the SB, few wanted to mention that Brady's pass was off the mark too. All these kids are working their butts off and getting horrible coaching and motivation from this abysmal staff.

Finally, you can all sleep the sleep of angels. The big bosses are very well aware of our deficiencies, especially offensively and understand that football is king in any realignment arena. Lets just say I'm confident it will be dealt with at year end.

Reaction Score
H

Stars mean diddly more often than not - how many stars did Tyler Matakevich have?

I here you huskymedic but Shakim Phillips had 7 catches for 100 yards, and Whitmer had 293 with 2 touchdowns!

All I am trying to say is we have talent let's not say the lack of talent is the reason why we're losing! Smh! Tyler was a 2 * who went under the radar it happens a lot with CT players! That's why I feel the coaches should try to keep in state recruits even if their 2*

Reaction Score

I didn't say no talent. But less talented than I thought. I honestly thought with the D this good it could be a 10 win team. It isn't. And the difference between it being a 5 win offense and a 10 win offense isn't just coaching.

Read what I wrote instead of extrapolating it into something else.

Reaction Score
That Nick Williams rant above was outrageous.That pass was off the mark. That's not an excuse-- Nick would be last guy to say it--but like the Welker miss in the SB, few wanted to mention that Brady's pass was off the mark too. All these kids are working their butts off and getting horrible coaching and motivation from this abysmal staff.

So it was right call - poor execution on CW? Can't have it both ways. Watch the play again - it may have been a tad high but very catchable and at a key point in the game. This isn't personal - I support this team every week and will continue to do so. We just can't pick and choose what is on the coaches and what is on the players (who unquestionably do break their going to classes, squeeze in S+C, practice and also do the required school work). There are enough snafu's to go around.

Reaction Score
I didn't say no talent. But less talented than I thought. I honestly thought with the D this good it could be a 10 win team. It isn't. And the difference between it being a 5 win offense and a 10 win offense isn't just coaching.

Still putting it on the coaches! the difference between a 5 win offense and a 10 win offense is on the coaching when talking Uconn! ;) And there's plenty of talent on the offense... We shouldn't be 3-4 (0-2) in the Big East!

Reaction Score
Chad is indeed a standup kid and Teggart, at our tailgate after game, had his back. BTW, word is that Puyol is not yet ready for prime time. He needs the year of practice.

Waquoit is spot on. When your kicker misses three and is undoubtedly in a funk, you run a sweep in OT putting ball on steep angle? Horrible coaching move. Notice Temple centered ball for their kick. PP and GD seem to have a pattern of always thinking things will be just fine. They don't anticipate the consequences. PP said we were in great shape at end of Rutgers half--"no need to call time out". Expected CC to hit 52 yarder--from left hash--no need to get 5 more yds or center ball. Same thing yesterday. It's criminal.

With 5 min to go we have ball, but instead of keeping clock moving-- we snap with 15 secs on play clock. And instead of short middle of field passes to keep clock moving we sling it to sidelines, stopping the clock. Anyone notice our sideline pass late in 4th that had Vandy written all over it? Thank goodness it wasn't a pick 6.

Finally, you can all sleep the sleep of angels. The big bosses are very well aware of our deficiencies, especially offensively and understand that football is king in any realignment arena. Lets just say I'm confident it will be dealt with at year end.

Again my sarcasm was missed. Which is that lots of people made mistakes. And the kicker, while having a terrible day, didn't need to have to be in the position to kick FGs all day if other people do their jobs.

I haven't rewatched the game yet but everyone where I was sitting thought he should have caught that ball. Looked like it hit him in the hands.

Reaction Score
Whitmer and Phillips are not bad. We also seem to have worthwhile tight ends.

Reaction Score
Still putting it on the coaches! the difference between a 5 win offense and a 10 win offense is on the coaching when talking Uconn! ;) And there's plenty of talent on the offense... We shouldn't be 3-4 (0-2) in the Big East!

Of course we shouldn't have this record. I'm not absolving the coaches for anything. But if you think this is top 15 talent on offense (which is what we would be with 10 wins) I'm not sure what you are looking at.

Reaction Score
Of course we shouldn't have this record. I'm not absolving the coaches for anything. But if you think this is top 15 talent on offense (which is what we would be with 10 wins) I'm not sure what you are looking at.

Have you seen ULM and Kent State offense?? and there's plenty other teams with explosive offenses! Is their talent better than ours? Their coaches are putting their players in the best position to execute and look at the results! Oh yeah let's not forget Louisiana Tech they almost beat Texas A&M last night!

Reaction Score
Have you seen ULM and Kent State offense?? and there's plenty other teams with explosive offenses! Is their talent better than ours? Their coaches are putting their players in the best position to execute and look at the results! Oh yeah let's not forget Louisiana Tech they almost beat Texas A&M last night!

Problem is the holes at RB, OL and recently kicking more than offsets the best talent we have had at QB, WR, TE and D across the board in the D1 era (ex QB) in my opinion.

Reaction Score

I'm not disagreeing with you at all with regard to what we have done with our talent. But I think you are overstating our talent level. You think we have enough. I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom