Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well I think UConn (Geno/CD/Shea)were instrumental. There is no proof any recruit “followed” Paige to UConn or that she had any influence. I know Azzi mentioned something about being able to play with friends as did Patterson. No on said Im going because Paige is there. Stop taking all of Paiges Donuts!! Please!! Who was instrumental is getting Paige? Lol
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

Reaction Score
Cardoso got a Griner potential. 6'7 athletic with good speed...she can be unstoppable. Geno realyl liked coaching Griner in team USA and i would think he'll enjoy coaching Cardoso.
I have to think he is using his coaching of BG on Team USA in his pitch. I've never seen BG play better than when Geno was coaching her. Her and DelleDonne stand out to me as how they improved while on the national team under Geno.

Reaction Score
In a year with Paige, Clark, Brink and Reese.
And she didn't grow up in Brazil playing basketball. Her mother sent her to school in Tenne
I have to think he is using his coaching of BG on Team USA in his pitch. I've never seen BG play better than when Geno was coaching her. Her and DelleDonne stand out to me as how they improved while on the national team under Geno.
How about Angel who raved about playing for Geno.

Reaction Score
If she comes here I would expect her to get significant playing time. No reason for a player of her accolades to accept a part time role as a sophomore. That would be silly.

Reaction Score
1619222921717.png

Reaction Score
Olivia and Kamilla will not play together. Aaliyah and Dorka would be better options to play with Cardoso. First, she has to transfer to UConn. Then we can all make plans about the lineup.

Reaction Score
I think it would be a good situation for Kamilla and her WNBA hopes.

Looks also good for title hopes for the team.

It would also let some of the other players play their more natural positions. Many players on the team were playing out of position last year. That could be good for their WNBA development too.

Those are the positive sides of the possible move.

Reaction Score
guy's hello we will not need her we will have ice and ayaana amari and aliyah !!! com on
In this brave new world of transfers, nothing is assured. If she wants to drive down I-90 and hang a right at I-84 if you are Geno you have to take her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I

I’m thinking that UConn is within a player or two of actually having TWO separate teams that could contend. What do you think the rest of D-1 Women’s coaches are thinking?
"UCONN was already going to be bad for WCBB. If they get Cardoso, everyone is that much further behind."

Reaction Score
As well as Van Lith and Aaliyah Edwards who I always thought was easily top-10.
I think Maddy Westbeld was a top 10 freshman in the country, better than her HG rating of #20.

Reaction Score
Cardoso had yet to earn a required test score (ACT or SAT) that would qualify her to play on an athletic scholarship this season when Coach Q took a flier on her and offered a scholarship. Keep in mind that English was her second language. Subsequently, Cardoso earned the requisite score to be eligible, and she obviously did well enough to make the ACC all-academic team.
Thanks for the info oldude.

I'm not sure if you are implying it and I apologise in advance if you are not, but I wasn't taking any shots at Cardoso's intelligence. I just remembered that there was something to do with academics as to why GA backed off her (or at least tht is what I remember from this board).

Based on what you have said, it seems that GA should have done the same as Coach Q. If he had, she may (or even probably would) have came to Uconn and we would have cut down the nets this past year.

Reaction Score
Don’t call me weird but she has followed Morgan Valley, Maryland players, a Texas account, and a Texas A&M coach since her transfer was announced on Instagram. A lot of other coaches has followed her (Arizona) but no follow back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom