Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anything over 6'-5" is Geno material. :D
5'5"Crystal and a hair over 5'6" MoJeff were excellent Geno materials......the collection of players who come dictates the kind of style of BB his team plays. Based on his track record however, he would prefer a running team with interchangeable parts who can shoot from distance and all hardworking on defense. He now has that with his current team....and he can substitute in waves.

Reaction Score
5'5"Crystal and a hair over 5'6" MoJeff were excellent Geno materials......the collection of players who come dictates the kind of style of BB his team plays. Based on his track record however, he would prefer a running team with interchangeable parts who can shoot from distance and all hardworking on defense. He now has that with his current team....and he can substitute in waves.
I agree with the thoughts in this post other than UConn having ALL the pieces. While for once we appear to have a great set of 4's and 5's, we do not have a shut down defensive guard, ala MoJeff. Williams and Muhl were good but struggled against smaller, quick offensive players. A grad transfer who is satisfied with 6-12 minutes a game and can take the opposition's top 3 point shooter out of her comfort zone would be outstanding.

Reaction Score
I agree with the thoughts in this post other than UConn having ALL the pieces. While for once we appear to have a great set of 4's and 5's, we do not have a shut down defensive guard, ala MoJeff. Williams and Muhl were good but struggled against smaller, quick offensive players. A grad transfer who is satisfied with 6-12 minutes a game and can take the opposition's top 3 point shooter out of her comfort zone would be outstanding.
if we get cardosa, our only weakness next year will possibly be perimeter defense and I expect we will be better at it next year than we were this year as well. But, it will not matter unless some guard can go off for 40 plus, we will run over everybody next year assuming we get cardosa).

If we don't get cardosa, I still expect us to be favs to win with the incoming class, the big jump that players usually make from their freshman to soph years and the signing of DJ is huge and will help us tremendously.

Reaction Score
if we get cardosa, our only weakness next year will possibly be perimeter defense and I expect we will be better at it next year than we were this year as well. But, it will not matter unless some guard can go off for 40 plus, we will run over everybody next year assuming we get cardosa).

If we don't get cardosa, I still expect us to be favs to win with the incoming class, the big jump that players usually make from their freshman to soph years and the signing of DJ is huge and will help us tremendously.

If we have say a 6'7 and either a 6'5 or 6'3 clogging the paint area that leaves 3 guards manning (is that pc?) the perimeter..sounds good to me...if they have 4 good shooters...bring in AG..

Reaction Score
Whose 6-12 minutes would this shut down defensive guard take? Bueckers, Fudd, Williams, Westbrook, Muhl for three positions.

Reaction Score
Any other Syracuse freshman in the transfer portal right now, or do you think this could be referring to Cardoso? Just says 'rumors' at this point though.

Reaction Score
M
Any other Syracuse freshman in the transfer portal right now, or do you think this could be referring to Cardoso? Just says 'rumors' at this point though.

Maybe. I see other fans board predicting her to Duke.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea Bissau, Macau, Mozambique, Portugal, & São Tomé and Príncipe.
Except for Brazil, none of them are much into women's basketball. Think she is going to have to stick to English for her college career. :rolleyes:
Hey - let’s not forget New Bedford! (MA has the second highest number of Portuguese descendants after CA.)

Edit - sorry And One - hadn’t seen that you also posted this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This team could be so loaded and competitive for playing time, Geno may need to petition the NCAA to widen and lengthen the court to have enough room to play 7 on 7!
My vote is for 48 min games!

Reaction Score
With 14 scholarship players on board, there will be other problems than coping with a very quick guard of the opposition. There are other ways: the switching defense just has to be more coordinated and quicker in switches - it took them almost a whole season to be synchronized but there were still lapses. If the very quick opposition guard or wing plays 30+ minutes, what can a grad transfer designated for that do in 6-12 minutes. If you extend her minutes, you take away from the offensive capabilities of the team. So, they just have to get better on team defense to minimize the damage while keeping the scorers on the floor to outscore the opposition. That's how the undefeated team of 2001-2002 covered for DT's weakness: on-ball defense. Of course, DT was good at positional defense, so she won half the battle.

If you get a MoJeff from the transfer portal, she would be starting.....or playing in place of Nika.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

glasses.gif

Reaction Score

Isn’t Kara playing on starting a team full of wing players? Must mean William’s is about to hit the portal.

Reaction Score
Isn’t Kara playing on starting a team full of wing players? Must mean William’s is about to hit the portal.
Jayda Williams? She’s already in and out the portal
I believe unless it’s a different Williams?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jayda Williams? She’s already in and out the portal
I believe unless it’s a different Williams?

Think you are confusing her with Jayda Adams.... who grad transferred to CSUN. Jada Williams isn't going anywhere and will be a Grad Student for Duke in the fall. Go/Huskies was referring to Priscillia Williams... a 6'2 WG.

Reaction Score
Think you are confusing her with Jayda Adams.... who grad transferred to CSUN. Jada Williams isn't going anywhere and will be a Grad Student for Duke in the fall. Go/Huskies was referring to Priscillia Williams... a 6'2 WG.
Lol yeah I was being sarcastic.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol yeah I was being sarcastic.

Yeah I know.... we do have alot of wings... but ain't nothing wrong with wings in my opinion. I prefer mine plain... with mild sauce and ranch on the side.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What team did not struggle against smaller, quick guards?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Amaya Finklea-Guity is one of Syracuse’s 12 transfers who has already committed to Duke. So this tweet could be referring to Finklea-Guity or perhaps to Cardoso. I could certainly see Kara contacting Cardoso to pitch her on coming to Durham.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Oh no. We are doomed!
Just when I thought Geno was finally getting a decent player.
Over the hill, and made a lousy AC hire TOO.
:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :cool: ?:D

(if I use enough emoji will people get the satire?!)

Reaction Score
Amaya Finklea-Guity is one of Syracuse’s 12 transfers who has already committed to Duke. So this tweet could be referring to Finklea-Guity or perhaps to Cardoso. I could certainly see Kara contacting Cardoso to pitch her on coming to Durham.
Amaya is a senior, but did post big things to come my friend on Kamilla timeline.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Amaya is a senior, but did post big things to come my friend on Kamilla timeline.
As I indicated, Kara could certainly be reaching out to Cardoso. What we honestly don’t know is whether or not Geno has any interest. I know many on the BY believe he should pursue her. Personally, I’m ambivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom