Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You live in the Albany area, correct? Not too far from Northwest CT, plus my oldest daughter lives up there. Let’s wager a large pizza to split, loser pays. If Bueckers averages 35+ minutes I pay; if she averages < 35 you pay (34.99 minutes you pay.).
You’re on.

FYI, I like my pizza with Italian sausage, black olives and eggplant.

Reaction Score
I’ll go out on a very short limb here. Paige will average 35 mpg at a minimum next season.

I agree with many many things you say-- but no way here. Not a chance. :) :):)

She'll get 28-30. Say 29. Many of her teammates have to learn to play with arguably the best player in wcbb. But no way that many. Too many blowouts in order to keep her in too.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I agree with many many things you say-- but no way here. Not a chance. :) :):)

She'll get 28-30. Say 29. Many of her teammates have to learn to play with arguably the best player in wcbb. But no way that many. Too many blowouts in order to keep her in too.
Well, we’ll just have to see.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be a contrarian here and say that I hope she goes to Indiana. We have a tremendous nucleus here that is primed to dominate for the next few years. All I'm reading is this person or that person is going to get only so many minutes if Cardoso commits to Uconn. We have more than enough talent already onboard and with the incoming class and Dorka primed to contribute next season we have enough to win multiple NC.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting, Syracuse uses the same message board software as us. Not too many discussion in Cardoso there.

Same owner of both boards

Reaction Score
Time will tell. But Geno has never givien out minutes to players to keep them happy. Paige will be the reigning NPOY, and she will be even better next year. In addition, she works incredibly hard. She will earn the minutes she gets and likely lead the team in mpg. I can not see any scenario next season where Paige averages 29 mpg.

Stewie never avg more than 29 mpg despite being the NPOY multiple times.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
You’re on.

Winner can pick two toppings, the loser one, with each having one veto option. I would not veto any of what you suggested.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Touché Monsieur.

However, Stewie didn’t lead the team in minutes. Her pg did.

Reaction Score
Touché Monsieur.

However, Stewie didn’t lead the team in minutes. Her pg did.

Moriah avg just slightly over 30 mpg one single year. I am with the other people, I can't see Paige avg 35+ mpg unless next year Uconn team is much worse than I thought and Paige has to play that many minutes.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Time will tell. But Geno has never givien out minutes to players to keep them happy. Paige will be the reigning NPOY, and she will be even better next year. In addition, she works incredibly hard. She will earn the minutes she gets and likely lead the team in mpg. I can not see any scenario next season where Paige averages 29 mpg.
Taurasi her last three years averaged 29, 32, and 32 Stewart averaged 30, 28, and 29. Sue Bird as played 28, 28, 29.9 mpg. This year with injuries and limited players he indulged/needed Paige - next year he has a lot more options. No way he is indulging her if it reduces Fudd, Nika, Evina, Christyn, etc. Paige isn't winning him an NC on her own - wouldn't be surprised if early on he doesn't sit her at the start of a game because she is 'letting the game come to her' :rolleyes: . Tell the team he wants to score 10 points in the first 2 minutes of the first quarter - if they don't he'll put the second five in with the same mission for the next 2 minutes. rinse and repeat! :cool:

Might mean slow starts are a thing of the past! :)

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. Paige didn’t have the supporting cast this year, but next year she will.

Reaction Score
I agree with many many things you say-- but no way here. Not a chance.
I'm not saying oldude has never been wrong; I haven't lurked here long enough to know whether he thought it was a good idea to replace the the peach baskets with nets; but he's wrong this time.

Reaction Score
You’re on.

not sure id take that bet oldude. there will be a lot of blowouts next year when she plays less than 25 minutes bringing her average down. Now if we are talking big games against top 10 teams, then yes it is a good bet she plays 35 plus minutes in those games.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
How do I get in on the pizza? By the way, I live next to New Haven, so you know where I want the pizza from. ;)
Sure. I’ll make the bet Bueckers gets less than 35 mpg with anyone in the area.

Reaction Score
How do I get in on the pizza? By the way, I live next to New Haven, so you know where I want the pizza from. ;)
Modern or Pepe’s? :cool: We ate at Pepe’s in Fairfield on Friday night. It’s not the same as the original.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sure. I’ll make the bet Bueckers gets less than 35 mpg with anyone in the area.
Methinks digger’s gonna be eating a whole lot of free pizza, if he gets more takers.

Reaction Score
Sally’s doesn’t factor in this discussion?
Wow! That totally slipped my mind. I’ve never been there before. Maybe, I will drop by there within the next weekend or two after a stroll through Sleeping Giant. Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom