Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has linked Cardoso with South Carolina. Strong Championship challenger today that would provide her with less competition for playing time than UConn.

Reaction Score
As I indicated, Kara could certainly be reaching out to Cardoso. What we honestly don’t know is whether or not Geno has any interest. I know many on the BY believe he should pursue her. Personally, I’m ambivalent.

Kamilla is following Morgan Valley, Paige and Azzi now on social media so I think the interest is definitely there. We shall see where she ends up!

Reaction Score
Surprised no one has linked Cardoso with South Carolina. Strong Championship challenger today that would provide her with less competition for playing time than UConn.
I don’t see her coming in to play behind Boston for 2 years, I don’t think I could see them both playing on the court at the same time either. But who knows! Wherever she goes she is going to make them competitive

Reaction Score
If Kamilla comes to Uconn I could imagine we would play 4 bigs 20 minutes a game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Kamilla comes to Uconn I could imagine we would play 4 bigs 20 minutes a game.
That would leave only 120 mpg for Paige, Christyn, Evina, Nika, Aubrey & Azzi, not to mention whatever minutes Geno can parcel out to the other 5 players on the roster. Just sayin......

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don’t see her coming in to play behind Boston for 2 years, I don’t think I could see them both playing on the court at the same time either. But who knows! Wherever she goes she is going to make them competitive
She was a blocking and rebound machine. PPG averaged 13.6. She's still a work in progress.

Reaction Score
That would leave only 120 mpg for Paige, Christyn, Evina, Nika, Aubrey & Azzi, not to mention whatever minutes Geno can parcel out to the other 5 players on the roster. Just sayin......
They would play in their natural positions. The rotation will be super competitive! Have to be playing great, everyone other than Paige will have to compete for minutes.

Reaction Score
“Auburn WBB board”........?
You had me for a second...........
Interesting, Syracuse uses the same message board software as us. Not too many discussion in Cardoso there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Interesting, Syracuse uses the same message board software as us. Not too many discussion in Cardoso there.

Probably are too busy digging out of the snow. ;)

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

Ugh. Syracuse WBB doesn`t even have its own board, it is lumped in with "Olympic and Women`s sports". Yeesh.

I did note though that a poster named "Orange Xtreme" joined about 10 years ago and has 144,731 posts.

It would probably be more if he didn`t have to take bathroom breaks.

Some of the heavy hitters on the UConn WBB board are going to have to start picking up the pace, just sayin`. :confused:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They would play in their natural positions. The rotation will be super competitive! Have to be playing great, everyone other than Paige will have to compete for minutes.
Assuming that Paige gets her 36 mpg, that means the other 10 players will have to divvy up 84 minutes per game........

Reaction Score

Wrong sub-board. Look Here:

Reaction Score
Assuming that Paige gets her 36 mpg, that means the other 10 players will have to divvy up 84 minutes per game........
She isn't going to get 36 mpg in BE play. Maybe 30-32 mpg in the big ones. Even she won't be able to press for that many minutes.

Reaction Score
Wrong sub-board. Look Here:

Thank you ...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She isn't going to get 36 mpg in BE play. Maybe 30-32 mpg in the big ones. Even she won't be able to press for that many minutes.
This past season Paige averaged 36.2 mpg, and she complained constantly about her minutes to Geno. Most of UConn’s games were BE games. Just how much do you think Geno will be able to keep Paige on the bench next season?

Reaction Score
This past season Paige averaged 36.2 mpg, and she complained constantly about her minutes to Geno. Most of UConn’s games were BE games. Just how much do you think Geno will be able to keep Paige on the bench next season?
She will have more help next season and close relationships with the players (Nika and Azzi) who will get her minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She will have more help next season and close relationships with the players (Nika and Azzi) who will get her minutes.
Call me skeptical......

Reaction Score
Um. He's the boss. He already at the end of the season comments sent a message in that direction when talking about her minutes along with her attitude and maturity about it.

The other thing is if he really decides to press, she won't be able to last 36 min even in tip top shape. If you've watched team usa games when he really presses, its serious. I also remember games from the Stewie years where they could press and have 60 pts by the half. The bench would play large portions of the second half.

I also think he'll use minutes as a way to teach Paige to come out from the tip playing all out. I can see him saying to her during a BE game, sorry that you wasted your 25 min just hangin out on the court but now Nika is going to run the show... Next time use your minutes more wisely...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Um. He's the boss. He already at the end of the season comments sent a message in that direction when talking about her minutes along with her attitude and maturity about it.

The other thing is if he really decides to press, she won't be able to last 36 min even in tip top shape. If you've watched team usa games when he really presses, its serious. I also remember games from the Stewie years where they could press and have 60 pts by the half. The bench would play large portions of the second half.

I also think he'll use minutes as a way to teach Paige to come out from the tip playing all out. I can see him saying to her during a BE game, sorry that you wasted your 25 min just hangin out on the court but now Nika is going to run the show... Next time use your minutes more wisely...
I’ll go out on a very short limb here. Paige will average 35 mpg at a minimum next season.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I’ll go out on a very short limb here. Paige will average 35 mpg at a minimum next season.
You live in the Albany area, correct? Not too far from Northwest CT, plus my oldest daughter lives up there. Let’s wager a large pizza to split, loser pays. If Bueckers averages 35+ minutes I pay; if she averages < 35 you pay (34.99 minutes you pay.).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'll be very surprised if she averages above 29
Time will tell. But Geno has never givien out minutes to players to keep them happy. Paige will be the reigning NPOY, and she will be even better next year. In addition, she works incredibly hard. She will earn the minutes she gets and likely lead the team in mpg. I can not see any scenario next season where Paige averages 29 mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom