Blauds: UConn / BC all but official | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn / BC all but official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SAMCRO said:
I love it, and I proposed this very idea to someone influential in our athletic dept over drinks, right after UConn to HE was announced (so, you're welcome everybody...because I am sure nobody else ever thought of this ;)). Make it an all sports series/weekend. All games in Boston one year, Hartford the next. I suggested Hockey Friday night, Football Saturday, and Hoops Sunday (to give them more than 24 hours to switch from hockey to hoops at the HCC and Conte Forum). Not sure if that will actually happen, but it could be a lot of fun if it did. Make it an annual affair.

I think they should schedule all of the games at the same time and call it the Freescooter Cup.

Reaction Score
Getting back to our Sept 10th open date for 2016. Unless current scheduled games are changed ( which is possible ) , it looks like we either have a bye week or we play Navy away. Our OOC games are

9/3 Maine,
9/17 Virginia,
9/24 Syracuse
11/19 BC.

Of the 4 AAC away games we play , only Navy has an open date. The others are scheduled to play the following.

ECU - NC State
USF - Northern Illinois
UHOU - Lamar

So unless something changes it looks like the only 2 possiblitys are a bye week or a road trip to Navy. I am rooting big time for a road trip to Annapolis.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Bye week would be dumb. AAC better step up.

Reaction Score
Bye week would be dumb. AAC better step up.
Yes , I can't see having a bye week so early. Also don't think they would schedule a home AAC game, and have first 4 games at home. Makes total sense to play Navy that weekend away. Especially since they have an open date . We will have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
Getting back to our Sept 10th open date for 2016. Unless current scheduled games are changed ( which is possible ) , it looks like we either have a bye week or we play Navy away. Our OOC games are

9/3 Maine,
9/17 Virginia,
9/24 Syracuse
11/19 BC.

Of the 4 AAC away games we play , only Navy has an open date. The others are scheduled to play the following.

ECU - NC State
USF - Northern Illinois
UHOU - Lamar

So unless something changes it looks like the only 2 possiblitys are a bye week or a road trip to Navy. I am rooting big time for a road trip to Annapolis.

On the field the problem with Navy is prepping to deal with their damn Triple Option, which drives every very good teams nuts - see ND. Having a week off to prepare for Navy's offense is helpful or even the week after to get the defense re-set for a 'normal' pro or spread offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom