Blauds: UConn / BC all but official | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn / BC all but official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where are we all sitting?

Alumni_Stadium_panorama.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The New England Cup.... Saturday of Thanksgiving every year. It is a rivalry that already has juice! :D
Been wanting and waiting for years to see our dogs make turkeys of their raptors on an annual basis. Of course one reason this may have taken so long could be due to the turkey stomp we put on them in basketball for years.
The Battle for New England - stick this guy up top:
5646336178_006b722cce_z.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

If I remember correctly and have my Alumni Stadium coordinates correct, the visitor seating is located in what is the lower left hand corner of this photo. The last time we played there, I sat in the 2nd deck a few rows up over there amongst a sea of UConn fans and I remember looking down to my lower right and seeing a few sections worth too.

Reaction Score

Alumni Stadium visitor seats would be in the bottom left corner of that picture. But really, if you don't get a ticket through UConn, you'll be able to get one with ease, even on gameday.

Reaction Score
All he can really do is request that one of our conference road games be scheduled for that day. I imagine the conference would do what they could to accommodate us but there would need to be a conference school on next year's schedule with an open date that weekend. It would also help if a) that school already has a complete non-conference schedule in place (so the game won't limit their options of completing their schedule) and b) that the school is set to be a road opponent next year (so we won't have to spend the bulk of the last two months of the season on the road).

Looked at the Navy schedule for next year and they don't have a game scheduled for Sept 10th. Also we do play them on the road so that fits. Believe it or not I sent an email to Warde this morning thanking him for his work on BC game and requesting to do whatever he can to get the Navy game on Sept 10th. I realize he may not have a great amount of input. My wife thinks I am a dope and childish for sending email ( She may be right) but I figured it can't hurt.

Anyone else as dopey and childish as I, please free to fire him an email.

Reaction Score
Not liking the idea of 3 home games in September again. While it's nice for early season home field advantage, would rather have a 2-2-2 split in Sept., Oct., & Nov. But, that's just me. Minor annoyance.

Reaction Score
No UMass

UConn's 2016 OOC looks like Maine @ home, @ BC, UVA @ home, Cuse @ home.

Then UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane @ home and East Carolina, Houston, Navy and USF on the road.

Temple@home or away next year?

Reaction Score
Not liking the idea of 3 home games in September again. While it's nice for early season home field advantage, would rather have a 2-2-2 split in Sept., Oct., & Nov. But, that's just me. Minor annoyance.

But next year we have 7 home games again so one month will have to have 3, might as well be while the weather tends to be nicer.

Reaction Score
Temple@home or away next year?

the advantage of playing Temple is that regardless of where you play, you outdraw their 37 fans. I count every game against them as a home game.

Reaction Score
If this happens it's a very good thing. It should happen, because it's in everyone's best interest.

GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is EXACTLY what New England college football needed. I know there will be a good chunk of BC fans that will not be excited to play UConn for various reasons, but over time, this has the potential to turn the northeast on with an annual game. I also like that UMass is part of this. It seems as though all 3 schools and ADs are thinking about what is in the best interest of our region, not each school. Kudos to all 3 schools for getting this done. I'm very excited!

Reaction Score
i am so excited to hear this, although i still go to games, my interest level has dropped in recent years. No rutgers, syracuse, pitt, and west virginia. Replaced with tulane, SMU, Houston, and ECU. It was hard to have interest in the games, especially with losing seasons.

Reaction Score
I'm curious if we see a basketball series come through as well. One would think that BC would want that out of this deal.
What? Maybe a 2 for 1 deal. UConn basketball is King of New England. If that series were to occur it would need to be done on our terms damn it!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What? Maybe a 2 for 1 deal. UConn basketball is King of New England. If that series were to occur it would need to be done on our terms damn it!:rolleyes:
I sense the sarcasm, that being said I don't think turning "away games" at BC into effective home games for UConn should be an issue even if this doubles their attendance to 32 people.

Reaction Score

I was JUST gonna say this! Our priority with an ACC series should be 1/2 - Duke/UNC, THEN 3- BC.... We are not in a position of power in FB but on the hard court..... All that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom