Blauds: UConn / BC all but official | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn / BC all but official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WM.jpg

Reaction Score
Figured I'd start a new thread to wipe all the bickering with Yawkey away... a new start.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=12811

The key of course, is the resumption of BC vs. UConn, which will start next November at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles will return the trip in 2017, take a few years off and then resume the schedule on an annual basis.
Love this. So our ooc games next year are Maine, Viginia and Syracuse at The Rent. UMASS and BC away. I think a very Interesting slate for fans, and even more fun to think about, they are all winnable games.

After the last few years, that it was hard work to stay positive about the football program, it seems like I am starting to get my enthusiasm back. Can't wait for game Saturday. A win would be huge.

Reminds me of something Jim Calhoun said in his early days. " We may have not turned the corner yet, but at least we have our blinker on". I think the football program has its blinker on, that is so far ahead of where we have been in last 4 years.

Reaction Score
Love this. So our ooc games next year are Maine, Viginia and Syracuse at The Rent. UMASS and BC away. I think a very Interesting slate for fans, and even more fun to think about, they are all winnable games.

No UMass

UConn's 2016 OOC looks like Maine @ home, @ BC, UVA @ home, Cuse @ home.

Then UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane @ home and East Carolina, Houston, Navy and USF on the road.

Reaction Score
No UMass

UConn's 2016 OOC looks like Maine @ home, @ BC, UVA @ home, Cuse @ home.

Then UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane @ home and East Carolina, Houston, Navy and USF on the road.
My fault, you are correct. So is the UMass game pushed back a year ? Still a nice / interesting OOC schedule, and as stated before all winnable

Reaction Score
I like how UConn plays Tulane every year but never plays Tulsa.
Hopefully, UCONN never plays Tulsa and only occasional games with Tulane appear on the Huskies' future B1G schedules.

Reaction Score
Need a trophy. BigMA-CTrophy?
Great idea. We are undefeated when playing for these in season trophies. HCBD should be calling a trophy maker right now. Would love to see it.

As dopey as most people thought the Civil ConFLiCT was , it did bring conversation to UConn football. Anything we can get now , I am all for.

Reaction Score
My fault, you are correct. So is the UMass game pushed back a year ? Still a nice / interesting OOC schedule, and as stated before all winnable

Uconn is playing Umass at the Rent in 2018 & 2020 and at Gillette in 2019 and 2021

Reaction Score
Uconn is playing Umass at the Rent in 2018 & 2020 and at Gillette in 2019 and 2021
Thanks . So OOC is Maine 9/3, UVA 9/17, SYR 9/24 at The Rent. BC in November. Do you think 9/10 ends up being a bye week. If not it would probably be an away conference game ( if it was home, that would mean 4 straight weeks at home, which I don't think will happen ). But I don't ever remember a conference game as the second game of year.

Reaction Score
Thanks . So OOC is Maine 9/3, UVA 9/17, SYR 9/24 at The Rent. BC in November. Do you think 9/10 ends up being a bye week. If not it would probably be an away conference game ( if it was home, that would mean 4 straight weeks at home, which I don't think will happen ). But I don't ever remember a conference game as the second game of year.

Concerned with no break in schedule mid to later in year with only three games through end of September, injuries take their toll and could effect outcome.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well UConn @ BC in 2004...

Reaction Score
Concerned with no break in schedule mid to later in year with only three games through end of September, injuries take their toll and could effect outcome.
Agree, don't like a bye week so early. Would be nice mid to later I season. Maybe an away conference game is a possibility.

Reaction Score
Need a trophy. BigMA-CTrophy?
The New England Cup.... Saturday of Thanksgiving every year. It is a rivalry that already has juice! :D
Been wanting and waiting for years to see our dogs make turkeys of their raptors on an annual basis. Of course one reason this may have taken so long could be due to the turkey stomp we put on them in basketball for years.

Reaction Score
Well UConn @ BC in 2004...
Good point. Your memory is better then mine. Would love for an away conference game vs Navy 9/10/2016. That would be a great road trip at that time. WARDE make it happen. Not sure how much input he or UCONN has in scheduling conference games. But if he could get us back to playing BC, he might just be able to get the Navy game for 9/10.

Reaction Score
Good point. Your memory is better then mine. Would love for an away conference game vs Navy 9/10/2016. That would be a great road trip at that time. WARDE make it happen. Not sure how much input he or UCONN has in scheduling conference games. But if he could get us back to playing BC, he might just be able to get the Navy game for 9/10.
He likely has little input.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All he can really do is request that one of our conference road games be scheduled for that day. I imagine the conference would do what they could to accommodate us but there would need to be a conference school on next year's schedule with an open date that weekend. It would also help if a) that school already has a complete non-conference schedule in place (so the game won't limit their options of completing their schedule) and b) that the school is set to be a road opponent next year (so we won't have to spend the bulk of the last two months of the season on the road).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom