Blauds: UConn / BC all but official | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn / BC all but official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great then....thats one of the best parts of finally playing. No more complaining, no more excuses, no more " they are scared to play us ", no more.... " we would crush them", or " yes, we are 0-13 vs BC , but that was before we built a bigger stadium for ourselves in Hartford", or yada, yada, yada. We finally get to see if Uconn fans " will have more fans at Alumni Stadium up in Boston area than BC ", and whether Uconn can finally show us if they can back up all this loud, boasting bravado where it only really counts..... on the football field.

Whether we can or not, this is still great for New England football, even if a large contingent of BC fans still thumb their noses at the idea of playing lowly UConn. I have no doubt a large number of UConn fans will show up either way. And they can finally settle things on the field.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great then....thats one of the best parts of finally playing. No more complaining, no more excuses, no more " they are scared to play us ", no more.... " we would crush them", or " yes, we are 0-13 vs BC , but that was before we built a bigger stadium for ourselves in Hartford", or yada, yada, yada. We finally get to see if Uconn fans " will have more fans at Alumni Stadium up in Boston area than BC ", and whether Uconn can finally show us if they can back up all this loud, boasting bravado where it only really counts..... on the football field.

Yes, we should be pretty good next year. I hope that BC is good too, although I honestly don't know what your squad will look like next year. And yes, we can finally settle these "turf" wars on the field...where it should be settled each and every year. Not on message boards, ex-athletic director offices or closed door politics. No more false claims about turf, no more condescending attitudes about New England pecking order, no more declarations about "who BC fans really care about playing against", and no more "they weren't ready to play at our level yet". We will finally get to see if BC fans will yawn and not care when UConn shows up at its stadium, if the games against UMass or Holy Cross continue to draw more fans to Alumni Stadium than UConn will, and if the in-stadium atmosphere will show the true apathy that BC fans have towards playing against UConn.

This will be fun. Kudos to all three schools' ADs for getting this done and giving a shot in the arm to New England football. College football in the northeast has a pretty bad reputation across the country and playing the games that fans in this region want to see should help change that.

See you in November, 2016.

Reaction Score
Will Yawkey make this thread unreadable also?
Apparently for you, thats in the cards. My guess however, most Uconn football fans arn't wussy weaklings. They are constitutionally strong enough to take a simple joke on occasion.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It isn't the "joke" you made. I am more reacting to the other BC/UConn thread where every other post was from you.

Reaction Score
Yes, we should be pretty good next year. I hope that BC is good too, although I honestly don't know what your squad will look like next year.
See you in November, 2016.

Its a good question, as I really have no idea if BC will be pretty good next year either. Maybe if their starting QB, and starting RB come back healthy for next season they should be pretty good. That said, BC should not lose to Uconn ( or Umass, or any other N.E. program in football). In any year. So they'll be no excuses from me, even if BC does not get their QB, RB back for next year for their out of conference games. BC should never lose an OOC game. They are designed for teams to become bowl eligible for 99% of these P5 schools that schedule their OOC games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It isn't the "joke" you made. I am more reacting to the other BC/UConn thread where every other post was from you.
Not only " from " me.. it was titled as a thread " for " me. So naturally I found the topic interesting. I don't post , (nor read) threads that don't interest me ( BC related threads here interest me ). I assume thats true with most here too when they decide what thread topics to read and / or post on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know I'm in the minority, but I would love to play Rutgers again. Hate their fans and program (in all sports) with a passion.
There are LOTS of Uconn alums( and especially BC alums ) that live and work in NY/NJ that feel exactly the same way as you do too.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Its a good question, as I really have no idea if BC will be pretty good next year either. Maybe if their starting QB, and starting RB come back healthy for next season they should be pretty good. That said, BC should not lose to Uconn ( or Umass, or any other N.E. program in football). In any year. So they'll be no excuses from me, even if BC does not get their QB, RB back for next year for their out of conference games. BC should never lose an OOC game. They are designed for teams to become bowl eligible for 99% of these P5 schools that schedule their OOC games.

No argument from me. Same applies for UConn. We need to win our OOC games next year to gain access to one of the higher profile G5 bowl games, if there is such a thing. All of the OOC games that we have on our 2016 schedule are certainly winnable and feature 3 games against ACC programs that are on our talent level (Maine, UVA, Fruit, BC). Once we're in the B1G or ACC in the coming years (big fish, little pond theory), these games will be that much more fun.

Reaction Score
I saw the Idea mentioned.... Uconn vs BC basketball Thursday night.... Uconn vs BC Hockey Friday night.... Uconn vs BC Football Saturday..... best 2 out of 3 gets some trophy.
I love it, and I proposed this very idea to someone influential in our athletic dept over drinks, right after UConn to HE was announced (so, you're welcome everybody...because I am sure nobody else ever thought of this ;)). Make it an all sports series/weekend. All games in Boston one year, Hartford the next. I suggested Hockey Friday night, Football Saturday, and Hoops Sunday (to give them more than 24 hours to switch from hockey to hoops at the HCC and Conte Forum). Not sure if that will actually happen, but it could be a lot of fun if it did. Make it an annual affair.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Right now the Uconn fair weather fan base is showing its colors with the home schedule we play. BC will not move the needle and change that was Duke and UNC will. Unless of course UNC gets the death penalty.... LOL

I think the UConn fanbase is showing it's colors quite well this season. I know that's not what you were saying, but attendance has been a nice surprise this year, even without considering the unattractive schedule. Things are trending up.

Reaction Score
I think the UConn fanbase is showing it's colors quite well this season. I know that's not what you were saying, but attendance has been a nice surprise this year, even without considering the unattractive schedule. Things are trending up.

I agree.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Looked at the Navy schedule for next year and they don't have a game scheduled for Sept 10th. Also we do play them on the road so that fits. Believe it or not I sent an email to Warde this morning thanking him for his work on BC game and requesting to do whatever he can to get the Navy game on Sept 10th. I realize he may not have a great amount of input. My wife thinks I am a dope and childish for sending email ( She may be right) but I figured it can't hurt.

Anyone else as dopey and childish as I, please free to fire him an email.
Great job Joe!

I'll do the same. That would be by far the best way to fill in the void.

Reaction Score
I saw the Idea mentioned.... Uconn vs BC basketball Thursday night.... Uconn vs BC Hockey Friday night.... Uconn vs BC Football Saturday..... best 2 out of 3 gets some trophy.

The trophy has been named and agreed upon already

It's the Bloomin' Thaw Trophy, sponsored by Outback

11 years in the waiting (12 between games)

Reaction Score
I hope this is all for real. Just great to play meaningful regional games. Great for both programs and fan bases. We should see great attendance at both venues as well.

Hoops should follow as well. UCONN, UMASS and BC should all play each other each season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I know I'm in the minority, but I would love to play Rutgers again. Hate their fans and program (in all sports) with a passion.
I kind of enjoy their fans and I like playing them. There is a decent amount of comedy involved, a few solid posters and the irrational exuberance of the sleeping giant bandwagon. I wish we had developed a rivalry game with them.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Great job Joe!

I'll do the same. That would be by far the best way to fill in the void.
Spot on guys. The AD has actually listened to us over the past several years. We're not just UConn football fans, we're the most knowledgeable, best-looking, wealthiest and funniest UConn football fans so our opinions matter more. :D

Reaction Score
In my mind, there's no reason why this ultimately couldn't become the FBS equivalent of Harvard/Yale (in time). Would love if it became the New England equivalent to Michigan/Ohio State. Matter of fact, they should both haul @•• and join the B1G at the first chance.

Reaction Score
Spot on guys. The AD has actually listened to us over the past several years. We're not just UConn football fans, we're the most knowledgeable, best-looking, wealthiest and funniest UConn football fans so our opinions matter more. :D
If by some chance we do get Navy next Sept 10th. I will organize a tailgate party for all Boneyarders. A group of 20 or more ( from Bristol area) will be heading to Annapolis whatever the date may be. But if it is on Sept 10th. we get a Boneyard tailgate and we invite Mr Warde Manuel.

Two things I want from Warde . (1) Sept 10th ,2016 football game at Navy (least important) (2) A Big 10 ( or I will take an ACC) invite. If he does this, I agree with Sue H, that he would be a superstar in my eyes

Reaction Score
Apologies if this has already been posted. From Dez...

This is what the eight-game series looks like:

2016: UConn at BC (Nov. 19)
2017: BC at UConn (Nov. 18)
2018: UMass at UConn
2019: UConn at UMass, Gillette Stadium
2020: UMass at UConn
2021: UConn at UMass, Gillette Stadium
2022: UConn at BC
2023: BC at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics