Big East's Next Media Deal | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Big East's Next Media Deal

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
This arrogance is exactly what Cooley was coaching us on. Hopefully that big fraud is still giving us lessons in fandom at Georgetown. That’s what Hoyas do…..

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
In '07 we had the consecutive home wins against Louisville (the Larry Taylor fair catch game), USF (the Scott Lutrus/Greg Robinson game) and our first ever win against a ranked team) and then Rutgers (Saturday night game with the Rent the most full it ever was -- we had plenty of sell outs on paper but that is the only time there literally were no empty seats in the stadium). That was pretty great too.

The Rutgers win promoted one of my favorite Daily Campus headlines ever - "Jersey Blowout"

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

Both things are true - we are unarguably the top hoops program of the 21st century when you include women and men; AND it is better when other people say it, not us.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he said it on-air after one of our double-championship years before anyone else but maybe someone can correct that if not true.

Reaction Score
Both things are true - we are unarguably the top hoops program of the 21st century when you include women and men; AND it is better when other people say it, not us.

Um, each program is unarguably the top hoops program of the 21st century on their own, you don't have to combine them

Reaction Score
based on the small crowds I was seeing at the end of the Ollie era, there were a lot of basketball "hobbyists" who weren't making it to games. Lets see what happens with football in the next couple of years.
The problem with a losing program with no direction is that people with limited financial resources and limited free time are not going to invest in something that makes them miserable. Ollie did that. Hurley's willingness to run through a brick wall for a victory invigorates me even when his overzelousness can hurt us. I can deal with losing but not apathy from the coach.

Reaction Score
UConn has to be the only state university in the US that people expect to give up and stop trying to compete at football or to promote its successes at basketball in its efforts to find a suitable home that will support all of its athletic programs. It's like we're not real people. We have to abandon everything and just twiddle our thumbs or something, while watching everyone else get a turn. I'm sick of this excrement. I don't want to lose FBS football after already losing the Whalers. I swear, if I get season tickets to something, outside folks try to shut it down. These Catholic Big East schools got together and forced us to choose between football and staying in the Big East (functionally), and then socked us with huge exit fees when we rejoined 8 years later because the AAC wasn't working for us. It's like being a punching bag.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Of course, PC does fine without us. It's with us when they have their problems. That's why their glory years were the 60's and early-70's. Back when they wouldn't play UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
(Anyone else notice that our Friar friend sounds an awful lot like August? There was a thread on the Providence board that talked about this as well.)

But yeah... Jay Bilas

So add five years and another three championships and the case that Bilas made gets even stronger.

Reaction Score
I think a better coach would have done better.
Agreed. Edsall 1.0 was flawed as well. His offense always was unimaginative and outdated. He got some breaks here and there, but UConn definitely could have done better.

Edsall 2.0 completely and literally screwed UConn to its current situation. If UConn had good football, we would be in the P3 right now. Edsall 2.0 was one of the worst if not the worst in the entire country. UConn should have let him walk after year 1 but they held on to him way too long. UConn is suffering right now big time due to inept football.

Reaction Score
Edsall 2.0 was virtually the same as 1.0. He just didn’t have the same work ethic in the end.

College football changed and he refused to adapt.
Yep. Stubborn and unimaginative. Added lazy the 2nd time around. There was a breakdown by an opposing coach that got printed where he pointed out that what you saw pre snap was exactly what was coming on both sides of the ball. No mystery to what they were trying to do was how it was explained.

Reaction Score
Yep. Stubborn and unimaginative. Added lazy the 2nd time around. There was a breakdown by an opposing coach that got printed where he pointed out that what you saw pre snap was exactly what was coming on both sides of the ball. No mystery to what they were trying to do was how it was explained.

And nobody good wanted to work for him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Look at it this way, it gives you and other PC fans something to criticize us about on your forum (the monastery? the rectory? whatever it's called). You don't have much ammunition to criticize the basketball program these days.

Reaction Score
Look at it this way, it gives you and other PC fans something to criticize us about on your forum (the monastery? the rectory? whatever it's called). You don't have much ammunition to criticize the basketball program these days.

I don’t know what to call it. Just keep your small male children far, far away from it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom