Big East's Next Media Deal | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big East's Next Media Deal

Reaction Score
Could you imagine the Dallas Cowboys embracing the nickname "America's Team" after someone over at NFL Films coined it for a highlight film? And then other teams attempting to claim the moniker as they became popular? Oh, wait. That happened.

Could you imagine professional sports leagues in the US referring to their titleholders as "world champions" when all of the teams are located in the United States, or maybe a couple in Canada, while no one else participates in the competition? Oh, wait, that always happens.

Anything to keep UConn from getting their due, including mandatory ignoring of their women's basketball accomplishments as part of the school's basketball legacy.

Reaction Score
And here's the thing you keep glossing over (though I think you're just trolling): UConn needs to toot its own horn right now precisely because it keeps getting passed over in conference realignment. Being humble has done jack squat for UConn over the last 15 years on that front. Alabama is already in the top tier of the club; they have nothing to prove, nothing more to gain. We're not. We're out on the fringe, and we could wind up having to downgrade or drop all of our sports programs eventually if we don't change the status quo and consolidation keeps happening without us. Hell, we won an NC in basketball and made the Fiesta Bowl in the same calendar year, and still managed to get passed over months later, and we're still talking about why that happened.

This is, again, a state university for 3.6 million people that WANTS those programs and is willing to bend over backwards to succeed in most sports. The folks in the athletic department are trying to keep the spotlight on UConn as much as they can, because Connecticut gets forgotten/ignored all the time. Hell, there are people posting here who didn't even realize we had a football program. If PC was trying to promote itself, I wouldn't go to your message board and make fun of you for trying to impact the narrative instead of playing nice and then getting left behind.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously Villanova’s improbable success saved that conference.from borderline irrelevance.
With Nova suffering post HOF coach syndrome. and the other traditional eastern power Georgetown a disaster . That conference was in trouble . The UConn addition and subsequent NC , add in Marquette ( Shaka) and Xavier ( Miller) making good hires luring one of my favorites Rick to a tired St John’s , A great coach but a better entertainer with Creighton in good hands . Even a decent coach like Cooley at GT could be huge . That conference has never looked stronger despite ??? at Villanova and PC . Butler and DePaul suck
The only thing you’re worried about is us leaving but if we do and it’s a big if it’s stronger than ever and the next contract should reflect that . Our departure may cost <$2miilion a team but still a bump from the current contract . Which the way BB is compensated remarkable.,

Reaction Score
If you’re not you’re completely irrational. Because it means a smaller media contract plus UConn’s run this year alone earned $10,000,000 for the Big East with a good possibility of continued strong showings * The PC athletics budget doesn’t run on Ava Maria’s so our success is in your self interest and visa versa .
Needling a rival in the right spirit is fun and welcomed also harmless .However it’s a slippery slope to acrimony and pure hatred.
If you reading and posting here becomes a near occasion. then I would take a break and reflect.

Reaction Score
Every team going independent for football while while Olympic sports in regional conferences make a ton of sense, which is why it will never happen.

Reaction Score
If we keep trending up that will change. And you can already see that. UConn football has been less fun than a funeral up until last season going back to Year 1 of Pasqualoni.
I would say that UConn football was terrible during Edsall as well. Sure we won some games, but it was all a run game e no creativity.

Thing about Mora is that the team is competitive and fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing people fill the seats again with a couple more years of winning seasons.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I would say that UConn football was terrible during Edsall as well. Sure we won some games, but it was all a run game e no creativity.

Thing about Mora is that the team is competitive and fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing people fill the seats again with a couple more years of winning seasons.
You are referring of course to the "Vanilla Express" of the early 2000's.

Reaction Score
I would much prefer something along the line of “Home of Champions”.

Reaction Score
Honest question…Why are you posting here?… you certainly hate uconn… are you just trolling?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing only half will worry, the other half, well,...

Reaction Score
The irony of you coming here to the UConn board to discuss UConn and all its greatness and to be part of the discussion with other UConn fans is probably lost on you…

Reaction Score

I think we might be best friends.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Sorry to change the subject, but can anyone explain UConn's current football media deal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom