Big East's Next Media Deal | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Big East's Next Media Deal

Reaction Score
Sorry to change the subject, but can anyone explain UConn's current football media deal?
Somethings like 500k a year, but get to have their games on CBSSN. Traded dollars for exposure.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Honest question…Why are you posting here?… you certainly hate uconn… are you just trolling?
You really have to ask? He's got a 120 square foot bedroom in his Mom's basement in Cranston. It's decorated with signed photos of Cooley. His IPod Shuffle plays "Losing My Religion" on endless repeat. What else does he have?

Reaction Score
I have a very dear friend that I went to college with. He's a PC season ticket holder. I send him pictures of the banners. He responds "Wish we had some of them." Case closed.

Reaction Score
Another option is just doing something with the Saudis. I mean if they can pay over 100 millions euros for one player, I am sure they can pay enough to get the media rights of an entire conference in the USA.

Reaction Score
Another option is just doing something with the Saudis. I mean if they can pay over 100 millions euros for one player, I am sure they can pay enough to get the media rights of an entire conference in the USA.

I wouldn't touch the Saudis if the very existence of UConn was on the line.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't touch the Saudis if the very existence of UConn was on the line.
Realignment is about money, and the Saudis have more money than all the media companies here combined and then some.

Yes there will be negatives, but it is worth exploring the idea.

It is also possible Saudis just buy some sports media companies in the USA since it is obvious they are investing heavily into sports properties right now.

Reaction Score
Realignment is about money, and the Saudis have more money than all the media companies here combined and then some.

It is also possible Saudis just buy some sports media companies in the USA since it is obvious they are investing heavily into sports properties right now.
If the Saudis are willing to throw in reduced price gasoline for the state of CT as a sweetener, we would have to at least consider it…

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

All of the middle eastern sovereign funds are flailing for investment opportunities outside of oil because they know the price of oil is going to decline over the long term due to alternative sources of energy and population decline. The Saudis are aggressive when it comes to investing, but I don't think anyone out there is nuts enough to invest in a college athletics program.

Reaction Score
Sure if they won both men's and women's college football championships in the same year, twice.

Reaction Score

Hard pass.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So just curious, if we are so irrelevant, why do you keep coming back here? It seems like a cloying attempt at self validation.

Reaction Score

Seton Hall has a message board? I don’t believe it. Next are you going to try and tell me that “Creighton” is Nebraska. Yeah right.

Reaction Score

I'll choose human rights every single time.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And yet, here you are on the board of a team that you supposedly find irrelevant. That's weird. Of course it's not as weird as using Corny T as your handle on the Seton Hall Board. I mean it just seems like you're obsessively wanna be Connecticut fan. It's sad really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom