Big East's Next Media Deal | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Big East's Next Media Deal

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I think it's a bad idea and I hope it doesn't happen, but the big east is ideal for Apple to stick to claim in college sports broadcasting. We are more affordable than a major football conference; have some decent marquee teams located in high population areas (which matters for potential subscribers); and we provide more content than football games would. They could easily take us off the board for say $15 million per school. I think the conference would have to take it, but it would be god awful in terms of visibility. You would never catch casual fans just looking for a game, because no one is going to Apple to look for a game unless their fans of those specific teams.
We don’t want this. Nobody would see us play. IMO

Reaction Score

I think most know what it pertains to, but you know what? UConn has 16 banners, the Lakers and Celtics 17.

And if you consider the modern era, guess who has more ?

Not so cringe now is it?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We did not finish second behind WVU. Where in the world did that come from? We finished as co-champions, in a 3-way tie with WVU and Pitt, and got the Fiesta Bowl bid because we beat both WVU and Pitt head to head.
Without question the most enjoyable back to back games ever played at the Rent. Anyone who was there realizes without question that we can support a major college football program.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I think he's unable to make a good joke because of the guilt he carries around from never finishing the story of his European vacation.
I still believe that most of what he did share with us (of the incomplete story) was really a handful of acid flashbacks while he was enduring various difficulties in the UK.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree! Frankly Providence has a good chance to be the basketball capital of the world as anyone, well as much as anyone who really hasn't won anything meaningful since Ernie DiGregorio left town.

Reaction Score
I believe he was trying to make a joke.

It's very easy to miss when A-Dub attempts it as he isn't very good at it.
Its a Will Ferrell quote from blades of glory

"Mind-bottling, you know when everything is so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle"

Reaction Score
Without question the most enjoyable back to back games ever played at the Rent. Anyone who was there realizes without question that we can support a major college football program.
In '07 we had the consecutive home wins against Louisville (the Larry Taylor fair catch game), USF (the Scott Lutrus/Greg Robinson game) and our first ever win against a ranked team) and then Rutgers (Saturday night game with the Rent the most full it ever was -- we had plenty of sell outs on paper but that is the only time there literally were no empty seats in the stadium). That was pretty great too.

Last edited:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Edsall 1.0 was the man

CL82

Reaction Score
Given that you're a sock puppet account of August isn't that kind of self-serving?

Reaction Score

Well duh, that's the whole point of calling it the basketball capital, isn't it?

It doesn't say the best team. Your complaint was the use of the term Basketball Capital, and then implying it was Boston or LA. Now you are attempting to shift the goalposts.

You didn't expect to get owned with that did you

Reaction Score
We did not finish second behind WVU. Where in the world did that come from? We finished as co-champions, in a 3-way tie with WVU and Pitt, and got the Fiesta Bowl bid because we beat both WVU and Pitt head to head.
Absolutely, you are correct. I was just looking up standings and saw overall record and I didn't stop to think about what actually happened. I'll serve the appropriate punishment. And let that be a forewarning to WVU fans!!

Reaction Score
I think most know what it pertains to, but you know what? UConn has 16 banners, the Lakers and Celtics 17.

And if you consider the modern era, guess who has more ?

Not so cringe now is it?
include the 1988 NIT too.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wut?

Did what on our own? Civil war with who? Learn what?
It's sad really. Remember when he used to be clever and funny?

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wut?

Did what on our own? Civil war with who? Learn what?
It's sad really. Remember when he used to be clever and funny?

I really am disgusted that I can interpret his language but I'm pretty sure he's talking about Bobby Red Pants' made up trophy for UConn v UCF football.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

How's that "we beat UConn in an exhibition in Mohegan" banner treating you?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Evidently you really are in the middle of nowhere in Alaska. That would explain why you are so bored at the moment.

CL82

Reaction Score
Well, we do attract the fans of lesser programs to this website just for the opportunity to interact with us. It is what it is. I mean it's a burden to give a modicum of attention to the fans of lesser lights, but it's one we bear for the good of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom