August UConn recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

August UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If she didn't then it would be the dumbest mistake in a long time . Clearly we need a big and she's the next big big and has been for a long time.
Need I remind you that in the recent FIBA Americas U18 tournament, in the most important game that the USA played, the finals against Canada, it was Ice Brady who starred at center.
Brady played 30:31, Del Rosario played 9:29. It just may be that ADR will not be the next big big.

Reaction Score
Need I remind you that in the recent FIBA Americas U18 tournament, in the most important game that the USA played, the finals against Canada, it was Ice Brady who starred at center.
Brady played 30:31, Del Rosario played 9:29. It just may be that ADR will not be the next big big.

I watched a few of those games and wasn't impressed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I agree with all of this . I assumed she may have because ive seen rumors and vids like this as if we offered and she didn't want to come ?

The first minute of the video clearly stated that UCONN is evaluating these prospects. Evaluating and offering are not the same thing. Another consideration is that not all prospects announce their offers publicly and the school CANNOT announce that it is offering or even recruiting a particular player. What that means is that nobody except the UCONN staff and Del Rosario truly knows if she was offered by UCONN. What we do know is that she is not coming to UCONN. On to the next recruit please...

Reaction Score
I watched a few of those games and wasn't impressed.
I had a mixed reaction, thinking that she looked like a good rebounder and might be an efficient inside scorer. Playing behind Ice in that tournament could have influenced her decision regarding us. How much Ice plays at the 5 vs. the 4 may depend on how other options at the 5 develop. Ideally I would like to see Ice at the 4, but she may be our best option at the 5 after Dorka leaves. Amari could be a big factor there but she is a pretty big unknown for a sophomore. ADR didn't have to be the starting C or beat out Ice for playing time to be part of a big rotation which I suspect was her most likely role.

She can probably have a bigger one elsewhere, but it is irrelevant now from our end.

Reaction Score
Are we in the mix for Jadyn Donovan..
Not that i believe . ND and UNC are the front runners. Tennessee is in the mix but she never visited them so to have them as her finalist is kind of weird.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
No name mentioned on this tweet, so I think it is okay to post. Note: there was a copycat post to this twitter site, that was eventually shut down, as they were posting false stuff. If there was a name listed I would wait for confirmation.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No name mentioned on this tweet, so I think it is okay to post. Note: there was a copycat post to this twitter site, that was eventually shut down, as they were posting false stuff. If there was a name listed I would wait for confirmation.

Good caveat. These guys have a very spotty record. Take this post with a grain of salt

Reaction Score
Good caveat. These guys have a very spotty record. Take this post with a grain of salt
They were a disaster during the entire transfer portal season. The Owusu one especially was hilarious. UCONN may end up adding although I'm not sure how anyone could have trust in World Exposure.
FRomMyRXIAAfpp7

Reaction Score
I noticed Amari DeBerry now follows and is followed by Ines Bettencourt on Instagram. Not sure of she’s still a possibility.

I believe she is currently committed to Northwest Florida State JUCO.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I noticed Amari DeBerry now follows and is followed by Ines Bettencourt on Instagram. Not sure of she’s still a possibility.

I don’t know if this means anything but it appears NW Florida State just posted about another commitment 2 hours ago.Filling an empty slot?

Reaction Score
Anything from this World Exposure account should be taken with a large grain of salt. Personally, I've stopped following the account because of other digressions on the part of its owner. He's verbally abusive and condescending on so many levels to women.

Reaction Score
Is bettencourt any good ? Wish we could have found a secure back up for Paige in the recruiting circuit :(

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Found a full game. Those are often more telling than a highlight reel.

Having said that, from the highlights Bettancourt seems to be a scrappy player with decent defense and an ability to play through contact. Not sure about the ball handling but highlights seem to focus more on scoring. I’d be interested to see how that funky looking shot does against DI defenses.

Reaction Score

Would we really be chasing a player who committed to NWFS? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score

Ooooh!

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Bettaancourt recent details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics