August UConn recruiting thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

August UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about adding Juju Watkins... any news as to where she is interested in going? Her recruiting seems very clandestine- ish..
I agree. No hints of potential "finalists" being dropped anywhere. Having signed with an agent, she MAY be waiting on the best NIL packages. Many are still in the formative stage.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, she is being followed on Twitter by Paige, Azzi, Tim Fudd and Qadence.
If Coach Valley isn’t following on Instagram or Coach Dailey on Twitter, I wouldn’t consider them a POI.

She’s had relationships with Paige & the Fudd’s prior to their UConn arrival and she’s AAU teammates with Qadence.

Reaction Score
If Coach Valley isn’t following on Instagram or Coach Dailey on Twitter, I wouldn’t consider them a POI.

She’s had relationships with Paige & the Fudd’s prior to their UConn arrival and she’s AAU teammates with Qadence.
Really? Is following someone on social media THAT strong an indicator?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How about adding Juju Watkins... any news as to where she is interested in going? Her recruiting seems very clandestine- ish..
1661964936356.png

Reaction Score

I couldn’t find a mutual following of either coach.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's a strong indication that player is a POI. It's only occasionally an indicator of interest on the players part. That said, not following can also occasionally be an indicator of interest if both the player and the program wish for discretion. Also, as you know, some players are followed at the last minute before committing for multiple reasons.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
'23 players still under consideration by UCONN. I hope!

Annika Soltau (Germany) : Jana El Alfy (Egypt) : Cassandre Prosper (Canada) : Madison Booker: Justus Jocyte (Lithuania)
Personally I'd take any one of them but two would be so much better.

Reaction Score

Annika Soltau (Germany) : Jana El Alfy (Egypt) : Cassandre Prosper (Canada) : Madison Booker: Justus Jocyte (Lithuania)
Juste Jocyte is unique! I've seen some of her games /highlights over the last two years.
Somehow, I had the feeling that she would not be interested in a USA college, or if she came
it might be only for two years. She takes control, sometimes after a slow (?) start and handles
the ball in the final quarter just begging to be fouled! I've seen her only miss one foul shot in
clutch time. Would it be great for her to come to UCONN? Of course, time will tell!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Soltau (who knows?)
El Alfy (yes)
Prosper (think so but not 100% certain)
Booker (ship sailed a while ago; likely to Tennessee but a final visit to Texas)
Jocyte (not sure she is 2023 but I would be shocked if she left Europe to play college ball)

Reaction Score
I’ll say it again, like a broken record: Delaney Thomas
I’ve also been on the Delaney Thomas train! However, there doesn’t seem to be much evidence of mutual interest with UConn. It’s a bit hard to sniff out who is recruiting DT. I did see on social media that she was hanging out with Kiki Rice in LA so it’s very much possible that UCLA is recruiting her?

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say it’s that strong an indicator, but from the perspective of being on the outside looking in, it’s probably the only thing we can work with, especially since Coach Valley’s arrival.

Her following players on Instagram typically means that UConn is interested, I’ve noticed the same with Coach Staley.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Word on the street is she is another kid staying on the west coast. She could be the one mentioned in an article about Willliams and Cunningham committing to Arizona and a mystery third. Wouldn't shock me a bit but either way she is liking staying out west.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Soltau (who knows?)
El Alfy (yes)
Booker (ship sailed a while ago; likely to Tennessee but a final visit to Texas)
Jocyte (not sure she is 2023 but I would be shocked if she left Europe to play college ball)

I'm hoping Prosper is like Edwards in that her recruitment is quiet and then we see her at First Night and a commitment to follow. Now this is pure imagination on my part but that's where I am sitting with her. The others--agree with Booker and Tennessee as that has been speculation for some time now. The international players across the pond--no clue!

Reaction Score
Prosper has been on the team with Edwards and Kia Nurse so she has exposure to UConn/ It most likely will be between Louisville and Conn for El Alfy.

Reaction Score
Juste Jocyte is unique! I've seen some of her games /highlights over the last two years.
Somehow, I had the feeling that she would not be interested in a USA college, or if she came
it might be only for two years. She takes control, sometimes after a slow (?) start and handles
the ball in the final quarter just begging to be fouled! I've seen her only miss one foul shot in
clutch time. Would it be great for her to come to UCONN? Of course, time will tell!
If UConn gets commits from Jocyte and Jana El Alfy, I go to Vegas and bet on the NCAA's.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NYC.....here's an artical written April 6, 2022 on Juju. Mums the word. She stays out of the news. She's like Olivia Nelson-Ododa was. All we heard was crickets coming from her camp right up until SHE decided to announce her commitment.

In a monumental deal, Klutch Sports Group, the brainchild of Rich Paul, current agent to LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and Ben Simmons, has signed its first female high school athlete to an NIL agreement: Judea “Juju” Watkins. The current California 11th grader from Sierra Canyon High School and number one female prospect for the class of 2023 made the announcement earlier this week via her social media.

Klutch will take the role as sole representation for NIL and has ensured Watkins will be treated as such which will not affect her eligibility for both high school and college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Soltau (who knows?)
El Alfy (yes)

Was it Jocyte or another foreign player that is actually a US citizen by birth and eligible for NIL. If that was true it could be a lure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom