August UConn recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

August UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is UCONN HEAVILY pursuing Olson—or with Arnold and Shade coming, are they not going after her as hard as say a ND, Stanford or Oregon? Just curious….

Reaction Score
I think it just says lots of teams are recruiting Jana Alfi, the national team’s top scorer.

I hope she speaks English, otherwise it’s gonna be difficult for her at Storrs.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-092326_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-092326_Twitter.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 254

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Auriemma and staff may have a little ground to make up. Walz is all over her and she took an official visit to Louisville in June.
Discussed in the July recruiting thread July recruiting thread

Jeff has been recruiting her for more than a year. He visited her in Egypt and she visited Louisville (and Cincinnati) in June I believe. I think Louisville was hoping for/expecting a commitment by now and there was some talk of her enrolling in January. Seems her performance at the Fiba U17 world championships attracted interest from more than a few schools. At the just-concluded U18 Africa Championships she averaged 24/11.

Reaction Score
Anyone speak Arabic?

Thanks for the info, several thoughts. I'm glad we are on her short list, and the quality of the competitors certainly supports a belief that she is a high level player, so we should be after her. It also indicates the program is actively pursuing foreign options. I believed that already, but this is further evidence of it, which I hope also pertains to scrambling last second for 2022 guard help.

Sounds like Louisville has been making a hard push for some time and the competition is stiff, but we are in the mix for a good player and that is good news.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Discussed in the July recruiting thread July recruiting thread

Jeff has been recruiting her for more than a year. He visited her in Egypt and she visited Louisville (and Cincinnati) in June I believe. I think Louisville was hoping for/expecting a commitment by now and there was some talk of her enrolling in January. Seems her performance at the Fiba U17 world championships attracted interest from more than a few schools. At the just-concluded U18 Africa Championships she averaged 24/11.
Is that January of '22 ( past ) or January of '23 (upcoming) ?

Reaction Score
Aaliyah del Rosario has selected her top 4 schools: UNC, LSU, Tennessee, SCar.

Reaction Score
Did Del Rosario actually have a UConn offer?
If she didn't then it would be the dumbest mistake in a long time . Clearly we need a big and she's the next big big and has been for a long time.

Reaction Score
If she didn't then it would be the dumbest mistake in a long time . Clearly we need a big and she's the next big big and has been for a long time.
A lot goes into recruiting. If she didn’t have an offer, I’m sure there is a good reason why. What would be dumb is to recruit someone that doesn’t check all the boxes. Also she may have let the staff know that she wasn’t interested.

Reaction Score
A lot goes into recruiting. If she didn’t have an offer, I’m sure there is a good reason why. What would be dumb is to recruit someone that doesn’t check all the boxes. Also she may have let the staff know that she wasn’t interested.
I agree with all of this . I assumed she may have because ive seen rumors and vids like this as if we offered and she didn't want to come ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom